• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are You Afraid Of Storms?

Afraid of Storms?

• Yes! D:

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Only when it's storming really hard.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Only when the lights cut off.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 76 55.1%

• Total voters
I said not at all, but we don't get severe weather where I live. For that I'm thankful, and I can enjoy when we get rain/snowstorms. Hearing thunder is very relaxing to me - it lulls me to sleep.

My main issue with storms is that my poor little dog is super scared of them. She gets restless, starts shaking, and pants.

Oh, mine as well :( My poor girl is terrified of thunder (really any loud noises like fireworks, popping, alarms) and gets very anxious. We have to wrap her in a blanket and try to soothe her.

i love storms?? nature is amazing and storms are beautiful and so powerful idk they just make me feel a certain way that i cant explain. i'm one of those idiots that always watch the lightning and open the windows to hear the rumbling of thunder as loud as possible... it always freaks people out because u can actually die from getting struck by lightning but honestly if thats the way im gonna go then so be it asdfhjkjhgfd

Not at all. The only time I'd be afraid of storms is if I had no choice but to drive in it.

i have NO idea what it is but i am so afraid of thunderstorms only when they happen late at night and they wake me up.
the flashes of light through my window and the loud noise following just creeps me out immensely and i have to turn my TV on, and i cant go to sleep until it subsides.
sometimes theyll freak me out so much i will go to my moms room and sleep in the same bed as her.

and im 25.

i really dunno what it is.

I love storms!! My favorite weather is rainy so a storm is like heaven. Nothing better then opening a window and letting in the breeze, while listening to roaring thunder and counting the lightning flashes.

I only dislike storms because they scare animals or people. Otherwise I love them and the thrill.

Yes. (Though I answered for when it's storming really hard in the poll.) Where I live, tornadoes are possible and the siren has gone off many times in my lifetime, though they've never hit my house. Places nearby always get hit. Thunderstorms always make me worry that another tornado might happen, though most thunderstorms do not lead to one. It also doesn't help that I once had a situation where my city and many around it had no electricity for almost a week due to tornado damage.

i have a horrible fear of storms after a few bad ones, plus the fact regularly going through hurricanes all my life made me even more fearful

storms in florida can be scary in general if it's literally like... genuinely raining cats and dogs. tropical storms are not fun and definitely not hurricanes. talking about the ordinary storm though? it's only scary when it's so loud it's deafening the whole house.

Only when the lights cut out! If not, then not at all.

I put only when the lights cut off because I can?t stand not seeing anything it makes me think I went blind and just freaks me out. If I have candles and things already ready and I?m not by myself then no then it?s kinda fun to me and I go ghost hunting lol.

I love when it storms! We never get anything crazy here, though. I think it's really exciting especially if the lights cut out LOL

Nope, not at all. It’s just part of nature. :)

I like the rain and storms. What I dont like is when they cause tornadoes. I don't live in an area where tornadoes are common, and based on what I see on the news, the thought of a tornado ripping by genuinely scares me. Also there's no where to hide if a torando does come throu; there's windows by my bed and my closet has sliding mirror doors.

No, I'm not scared of storms. Sometimes they stress me out if I'm worried about adult things like trees falling on the house or the basement flooding, etc. But I'm never scared of the actual storm itself and I used to enjoy them when I was younger and not a home-owner.

Storms only hunted my ear, which was why I was afraid of storms.

But now that I’m older and listen to music, I don’t really care.

Of course I am afraid of being outside like everyone else, but that was years and years ago since I went outside in a storm.

Back