• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Father's Day

ikeafanboy

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡&
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5898-8035-9297
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Happy Father's Day to all fathers out there! I think that fathers are really underappreciated and I'm interested to know what plans you guys have for them. My family usually don't celebrate days like these so all I did was wish him a happy one :)

We usually only celebrate birthdays but tomorrow the whole family is home so we're going out to eat (we only go to restaurants like once every 3 years)

We usually only celebrate birthdays but tomorrow the whole family is home so we're going out to eat (we only go to restaurants like once every 3 years)

I hope you have a really enjoyable time :) Make sure you treat him a little more special today!

Did someone really beat King to posting about a holiday? I am dumbfounded! I don't have a dad so I don't celebrate it. =]

Did someone really beat King to posting about a holiday? I am dumbfounded! I don't have a dad so I don't celebrate it. =]

I guess your mother gets an extra holiday :)

My dad isn't around this father's day because he works outside the country, so I just called him! He's working though so we couldn't talk much but maybe later. Normally, when he is around, we go out to eat and stuff.

My dad isn't around this father's day because he works outside the country, so I just called him! He's working though so we couldn't talk much but maybe later. Normally, when he is around, we go out to eat and stuff.
Your dad is a legend, I'm sure he can feel the love from that phone call. :D

I wish I had something I could give to my stepfather; but alas! I don't.

Last edited:
I wish I had something I could give to my stepfather; but alas! I don't.

I can relate to that. But it's always the thought that counts and the little things you do that make them feel special on this day :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I gave a letter for my dad and tomorrow we are going to a restaurant. :O

That's really good! My sister made a little montage of our family pictures. They can sometimes be cheesy but they go a long way :D

W2CTazJ.jpg

He was amused. I don't think any parent expects when their kid moves out at 18 that at 24 they'll move back in indefinitely.

i don't think it is father's day in sweden yet, it's in like.. november. so i havent done or bought anything for my dad

i told my dad happy father's day through text and as soon as he got home

oh my gooood i forgot : (
i could get him a gift after he comes back from spain though but ive sent him a text. im glad that hes my dad

Me and my brothers pitched in and got my dad an electric meat smoker.

I am also having the family over for a BBQ for supper. It's easier with my husband's family and my family.

My dad's out of the country, but I sent him a text for father's day (I would have called, but time zones make it so it's the middle of the night where he is). When he is in town though, we usually go out to dinner or something, but we don't really get him gifts because its hard to pick gifts for him.

W2CTazJ.jpg

He was amused. I don't think any parent expects when their kid moves out at 18 that at 24 they'll move back in indefinitely.

THIS IS SO CUTE!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

i don't think it is father's day in sweden yet, it's in like.. november. so i havent done or bought anything for my dad

Don't procrastinate! Just kidding.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh my gooood i forgot : (
i could get him a gift after he comes back from spain though but ive sent him a text. im glad that hes my dad
I'm not going to lie either, I completely forgot it was Father's Day until I saw someone tweet about it

- - - Post Merge - - -

My dad's out of the country, but I sent him a text for father's day (I would have called, but time zones make it so it's the middle of the night where he is). When he is in town though, we usually go out to dinner or something, but we don't really get him gifts because its hard to pick gifts for him.

I don't think Father's Day is about gifts at all :) it's about how you make them feel special. Personally I think women like material things a lot more than men

I don't have a father so I'm not doing anything. I rarely celebrate any holidays anyway (boring person here)

I don't have a father so I'm not doing anything. I rarely celebrate any holidays anyway (boring person here)

I don't think there's anything wrong with that and it doesn't necessarily make you boring person. My family is always busy with work so we don't celebrate but I'm pretty outgoing with my friends :)

Back