I was cheated out of my Bug Off win!

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Seriously, how does one find Violin Beetles when there are no stumps in my town? Also villagers never catch anything because they always ask YOU to catch them.

That tears it, I'm going to a sore loser and not participate in anymore contests (not really) and I'm mad at Tutu now (not really)

The whole contest is a scam.

Nat gave me poor results for a Birdwing, then to test it, I turned off without saving, and he gave me great results for the same Birdwing.

WW contests were better.

Bug-off was boring for me... I caught the first bug I saw (agrias butterfly I think) and won first place. I want a real challenge!

Last edited:
Bug off eh.
I wanted furniture what is this about 81point bugs grrr.
Amusingly I put in a bumble bee my neighbors tried to catch (Kat, a pig, and lucky) caught it just to be a jerk. Ended up in third place. I didn't go to the ceremony. I figured I didn't win come on it was early in the morning I gave it to him. So they cancelled the ceremony! Everyone was so upset! I didn't mean to go that far.

I caught the birdwig butterfly and enter it in the Bug-off like during the beginning of it..I wasn't expecting to win, I stop caring about winning a long time ago.

Yeah that contest is worst class scam things, unless you magically bring back large beetles from somewhere. I never bothered much to be honest lol

Yeah, I never bother. Another trophy to add to the cupboard, I guess??

My biggest pet peeve is how the villager dialogue is exclusively about the bug off... Like, okay, Poncho, I get it. You've been training really hard to catch some bugs, nice.

Yeah, I never bother. Another trophy to add to the cupboard, I guess??

My biggest pet peeve is how the villager dialogue is exclusively about the bug off... Like, okay, Poncho, I get it. You've been training really hard to catch some bugs, nice.

I'm still upset about this. That's how I accidentally lost Stinky in my first town because the whole day he was talkin about damn fishing and never warned me about leaving :( I know they tell you when the event is over, but still.

I rarely participate in these events because they just don't interest me anymore. If I need the items I'll just buy them online ._.

I won the bug off with my goliath beetle even though I submitted a horned hercules and golden stag! This was my plan, firefly first, then beat the firefly with a hermit crab. That didn't work. Okay, so I submit my goliath beetle. HOW DELECTABLE. Okay, then I plan to beat it out with my elephant beetle (I was basing points off of price and rarity). That didn't work. Nor did my golden stag or my horned hercules. That really stunk because I only walked away with one piece of furniture, butterfly wall. -_-

If I'm ever looking for something to do I'll participate in the Bug-Off, yesterday I won from a peacock butterfly worth 71 points

i'm sorry you didn't get your win!i don't know how violin beetles come from, but my villagers found them, too.

i did what @Bazinga tried to do.

i went bug hunting on my island yesterday and had a lot of good bugs. got first places for yellow tigerbutterly (x2) and then i went off to catch some more daytime island bugs. did okay with a grashopper for bug furniture, then great atlas, great atlas, cyclomatus, elephant, rainbow, hercules, stag.

got a lot of furniture.

I never bother with the bug off, but I can tell you for sure those villagers don't catch the bugs themselves. The scores are pretty much randomized so you can feel like you have some competition. I mean if the villagers didn't "compete" with you, who would come in second and third place haha. (probably the mayor ngl) Now that I mention it, wouldn't it be cool if Isabelle could compete in the bug off?? For the most part though, I can catch a bug and leave the game for hours and nobody will have topped me. I don't even go out of my way to catch big bugs either, I usually just catch whatever I can.

I found the bug-off easy. I went to the island the night before to stock up on high value bugs. I won the gold trophy with a horned atlas.

Then I went to my nephew's town and got all the furniture.

If you want the furniture, just go to another town, you don't have to keep successively beating your high score, just get above 80 and Nat will give you the good stuff. ;)

I was playing Miitopia all day so when i came back Carmen got a Lantern fly worth 70 points and i was 57... i was like WTF CARMEN i would waste my whole day on acnl trying to beat her... but i didnt because miitopia is more worth my time rn because i wanna get strong enough so i can wreck the **** out of the enemies when the real thing comes out

The Bug Off contests are rigged seriously. I mean again, how does a villager catch a violin beetle when there are no stumps around? Also, aren't violin beetles hard to find? I could be wrong. This actually reminded me to make some tree stumps in my town so i can catch a violin beetle for my museum, but I digress.

If I didn't catch a raja butterfly worth 96 points yesterday, Mira would've won the contest with like 75 points o-o

Last edited:
Back