• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your favorite pre-2000 video game?

iuuv

Stalk Market Apprentice
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
My favorite would have to be either Super Mario 64 for the N64 or Super Mario World for the SNES.

Last edited:
Chrono Trigger on the snes - a true masterpiece among rpgs!

I'll have to go with Super Mario 64 as well, what a great game.

tie between the original Super Mario Bros for NES and the original Legend of Zelda for NES

Super Metroid. Pretty much all of my favorite games are pre-2000.

Either Donkey Kong 64 or Pokemon Blue. I have such good memories of playing them as a kid! To this day, they remain two of my favourite video games of all time.

I was born in 2000 so this is tricky for me for obvious reasons.

Would Sonic Adventure count? The original was released in 1998. I've only ever played the GameCube port, though, which was released in 2003.

Pok?mon Gold + Silver; counting it since they came out in 1999 in Japan. ;)

Breath of Fire III, Spyro the Dragon, Running Wild, and Tekken 2 + 3.

Can't remember if I played the first gen Pok?mon games before or after 2000.

Earthbound, hands down! It's wacky, funny and weird! And also a little creepy...

Legend of Legaia is my eternal love. I have replayed that game like 10 times but still can't get enough of it!

Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Red/Blue are all up there for me. Red/Blue are unplayable nowadays, but they were the most addictive games ever back then.

Final Fantasy VII ;3;

Earthbound, really good game with a quirky sense of humor

Last edited:
Super Mario Land, 1 and 2. Good ol' classic Gameboy Mario games. Idk how many times I played those.

And I'd say Wario Land 3 but that's 2000 on the spot, so doesn't count then :p

Back