• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pascal?

Flare

Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7087-8935-1983
So how do I make Pascal appear in my town? I didn't even know he was a character either...
Do i get a Scallop from the Beach or is it a rare sea creature? :eek:
Has anyone else experienced the same issue as me? As in not knowing about Pascal? :eek:

Last edited:
So how do I make Pascal appear in my town? I didn't even know he was a character either...
Do i get a Scallop from the Beach or is it a rare sea creature? :eek:
Has anyone else experienced the same issue as me? As in not knowing about Pascal? :eek:

Yep same here.. I'd also like to know!

You catch a scallop when you're diving in your town and he'll appear, asking if he can have it. If you say yes, he'll give you a piece of the pirate set of furniture and drop some deep truths on you. You can only see him once per character per day.

I discovered him pretty early on, and he's one of my favorite npcs.

Scared the crap out of me when he first appeared! LOL

Pascal is the best. You get the diving suit with island metals in case you didn't know :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait you have one you said. Ignore me

As said, catching a scallop while diving in your town - he will normally only appear for the 1st scallop caught - except if you catch a scallop very near to the beach/Kappn's boat (I presume there is not enough room for him to appear!).
But once you've seen him, that's it for the day.
You can catch scallops in the sea off the island - but no Pascal.

And... you can get Pascal as the daily random visitor in the RV campsite - curiously if you get him as your RV visitor - he can still appear for you if you catch a scallop in the sea - he must sneak out of his van once & awhile.

Last edited:
I knew about Pascal because i've played past games but, I haven't encountered him in New Leaf. Probably because i've never bothered to complete my diving encyclopedia. I think you have to dive for a scallop and then he'll come out of nowhere wanting it, atleast so i've heard. If you say yes, he'll tell you something deep and then give you furniture. I think he's been one of my favourite NPCs since wild world. I thought it was always so funny to see him standing on a ledge in your town, then say something random, and then dive into the sea like it was nothing.

I keep forgetting about Pascal. I want his furniture items but I never bother deep sea diving unless it's for an initiative.

I must do better! ;)

You need the diving suit and to go diving for a scallop. Once you caught one sometimes he should appear and if you give him it then you get some furniture

Back