• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite Quotes?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Not sure who said it, but I've always loved it.

I think it was Dr. Suess or Albert Einstein, I get them mixed up.

87% sure it was Dr. Suess

"Not this little black duck!"-Daffy Duck I don't know why, it's like my rally.
"I shall go down in history as the man who opened the door!"- Leonardo Da Vinci -Ever After
"Comparison is the Thief of joy." Teddy Roosevelt
"You are ALWAYS responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel." -idk
"Do what's right, not what's easy." -idk
"Just because you make your own decisions, doesn't mean you're the only one that lives with the consequences." -idk
"I'd rather be honest than impressive"
"A lack of boundaries invites a lack of respect."
"The only thing that makes life unfair, is the fantasy that is should be."
" Don't hit at all, if it is honorably possibly to avoid hitting, but never hit soft." Teddy Roosevelt

"Meatball. Meatball. Spaghetti underneath. Ravioli. Ravioli. Great Barrier Reef!"

Don't really have a favourite, deep quote but I do like Billy Loomis's quote from Scream. It goes something like this, "Movies don't create psychos, they make psychos more creative!"

?It wasn't only wickedness and scheming that made people unhappy, it was confusion and misunderstanding; above all, it was the failure to grasp the simple truth that other people are as real as you.? - Ian McEwan

Bump.

Heh this a quote from a game called Kingdom Hearts and I think it's pretty great.

"That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

Last edited:
My sister is fond of literature, besides studying in college she works in one company. You can buy research papers from her. So, sometimes I take to read her interesting books. For example, I remember the one quote "?If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.? ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" :)

"Summer Rain, you can never predict it."
"The light doesn't get any greener, Double D."
"What happened to the stairs!?"

“Play the game, but don’t believe in it – that much you owe yourself … Play the game, but raise the ante, my boy. Learn how it operates, learn how you operate.” - From my favorite book of all time, Invisible Man. Such a great read and absolutely FULL of great quotes.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Not sure who said it, but I've always loved it.

pretty sure it was albert einstein. i love that one too. ^^

Anything by Groucho Marx.

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

And Winston Churchill "If you're going through hell... keep going!"

here! :blush: :

"for love casts out fear, and gratitude can conquer pride" - louisa may alcott, little women (p 67)

"make each day useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success" - louisa may alcott, little women (p 121)

"sometimes, said pooh, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart" - a.a. milne, winnie the pooh

"how lucky i am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard" - a.a. milne, winnie the pooh

"if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely" - roald dahl, the twits

"unless someone like you cares an awful lot, nothing is going to get better. it's not." - dr. seuss (theodore giesel), the lorax

pretty sure it was albert einstein. i love that one too. ^^

It wasn't, actually. At least, no evidence has been found that he ever said it. It's just a myth.

I'm totally fine with not knowing who really said it, though. Makes it that much more special.

- "New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings." - Lao Tzu

- "You have to be odd to be number one." - Dr. Seuss

- "Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

- "Humble, with a little bit of Kanye." - unknown

- "One day or day one. You decide."- unknown

Women remember the men who made them laugh, men remember the women who made them cry.
- Henri de Regnier

Last edited:
Back