• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite Quotes?

"If it harms none, do as you will."

Lately, I've been experimenting with my religion, and I discovered that I'm a christian wiccan. I know a ton about Christianity already (it's pretty simple, just praise god and stuff), so I've been spending my time researching wicca. The quote "If it harms none, do as you will." is basically the key wiccan quote, and it explains the general principles of what it means to be a wiccan, and it just helps me find comfort in making my own "odd" choices without fearing rejection and stuff like that

"I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.? ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Some consider it a silly Star Trek quote, but what is says is true.

"Not all who wander are lost" - I'm sure it's from Tolkien, not sure where precisely...

If you are students and looking for assignment helper who are offer service in your budget so you have to avail help from "Students Assignment Help" in any subject assignments contact to our expert writers on "StudentsAssignmentHelp.com" at very moderate rate.

Frodo : I can't do this, Sam.

Sam : I know.
It's all wrong
By rights we shouldn't even be here.
But we are.
It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo.
The ones that really mattered.
Full of darkness and danger they were,
and sometimes you didn't want to know the end.
Because how could the end be happy.
How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened.
But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow.
Even darkness must pass.
A new day will come.
And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Those were the stories that stayed with you.
That meant something.
Even if you were too small to understand why.
But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand.
I know now.
Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t.
Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo : What are we holding on to, Sam?

Sam : That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.

~Sam's speech from Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers~

?Who needs sports stardom when you can shoot fireballs from your fingertips?? ― Ethan Gilsdorf
?Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.? ― William Shakespeare

"Sorrow may close the chapter, but the story will end with laughter"
-Jason Gray

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think," said Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”

“The things that make me different are the things that make me.” - I actually want this as a tattoo

“Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart.”

“I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams we can be together all the time.”

“Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more… to give way to the happiness of the person you love.”

“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”

No wonder both kids and adults love Winnie The Pooh with such inspirational quotes.

Last edited:
Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.

Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never-ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? (However...life is all about the struggle within this cycle. That is what "we" believe.)

A future is not given to you. It is something you must take for yourself.

"She smells like lemongrass and sleep"
(to anyone who knows this song i was tempted to quote it all)

"There is no quiet anymore. There is only Doc McStuffins." - Parks and Recreation

I have a lot of favorite quotes, but I suppose my #1 favorite is:
"The expert in anything was once a beginner."

“And as I sat there brooding on the old, unknown world, I thought of Gatsby’s wonder when he first picked out the green light at the end of Daisy’s dock. He had come a long way to this blue lawn, and his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was already behind him, somewhere back in that vast obscurity beyond the city, where the dark fields of the republic rolled on under the night.

“Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch our arms further . . . And one fine morning—

“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”

- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby. I don't know what it is about it, but it always gives me the chills to read it.

One quote I read in 6th grade that always stuck with me was:

The expert in anything was once a beginner

I live by this quote now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a lot of favorite quotes, but I suppose my #1 favorite is:
"The expert in anything was once a beginner."

Oh boy

great minds think alike :lemon:

Back