• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite Quotes?

"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?"
- Jesus

"I would enter your sleep if I could, and guard you there, and slay the thing that hounds you, as I would if it had the courage to face me in fair daylight. But I cannot come in unless you dream of me." - The Last Unicorn (the book)

"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?"
- Jesus

Who knew Katy Perry was Jesus?

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I mean, I'm pretty sure Jesus said it first, I remember reading it in the bible.

Yeah it was right before the part where he said "make them go AHH AHH AHHHH" -Jesus

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Some good words to live by right here!

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members."
~ Mahatma Ghandi

"Let's defend the principle of a society that cares for everyone and everyone cares for everyone else."
~ Jeremy Corbyn

"It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: you are all stardust"
~ Lawrence Krauss
(That one is on my cover photo on facebook)

"We are the cosmos made conscious and life is the means by which the universe understands itself"
~ Brian Cox

"We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically."
~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
~ Douglas Adams

"You must write from life from the depths of your soul"
~ Friedrich Bhaer (Little women ♥)

"Rosie get off your desk and please put your beard away"
~ Louise Rennison (The Georgia Nicholson Stories I used to love as a teen)

And just because...

"Bad times are just times that are bad"
~ Katrina

Last edited:
Take the road less traveled. It's never busy.

I have two favorite quotes from one of my favorite series, The Foxhole Court:

It sounded like a dream; it tasted like damnation.

Fight because you don't know how to die quietly. Win because you don't know how to lose.

Here's another quote I like alot!

The first step is always the hardest.

Nice to see it included as Fauna's Pic Quote too. :p

"Most of the problems in life are because of two reasons, we act without thinking or we keep thinking without acting." - my fav anime

omg I have a bunch of sticky notes on my laptop with my fave quotes, but I guess I'll share my favorites

I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because s/he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.

― Lisa Kleypas, Blue-Eyed Devil

Idk I never looked at this from a romantic standpoint. It's like, there's this amazing feeling when you genuinely love someone and they love you back, you know? Could be a family, friend, etc. etc. and this just stood out to me bc it's true; putting aside flaws and loving someone for who they really are just makes me feel happy. c:

Nothing worth having comes easy.

In times when I get extremely stressed with extra-curricular work or majors (and I do want to get into medicine someday), I just remember this line and think that all my hard work are put into a greater something. It'll all pay off in the end, and I know I'm happy with what I'm doing and where I'm heading.

"I'd woken up early, and I took a long time getting ready to exist"

From The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa(or, Bernardo Soares, one of his many heteronyms). I could probably quote the whole book here if I could, it has quite a lot of "wisdoms" I find accurate.

"nothing is either good nor bad but thinking makes it so." Hamlet

IDK it makes me feel better when I feel like everything is bad because I psych myself out

"Hey. It's okay to laugh at something you don't agree with. It's called 'sophistication.'"

This generation needs to hear this quote lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

"We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

There's a place near my town where the walls and flooring are made of trampolines, and they have that quote painted on one of the walls. I've always loved it. It gives me chills every time I hear it.

Back