Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Happy Bug Off! So I saw Lucky actually stalking a little butterfly, trying to catch it! It flew off a cliff and he kept trying to follow it, although he couldn't of course, and he just gave up. If it hadn't escaped, would he have actually caught it though? Or is it just for show? Have you guys ever seen this? Is it unique behaviour for the bug off? I've seen villagers holding their nets but never actually seen them stalking bugs before :) It was quite adorable!

Last edited:
It's just for show. I've never seen a villager catch a bug, but I do know that the creeping up thing is exclusive to the bug off. They also fish, but they can't catch anything while fishing either.

Last edited:
It's just for show. I've never seen a villager catch a bug, but I do know that the creeping up thing is exclusive to the bug off. They also fish, but they can't catch anything while fishing either.

I hope they change that for the next AC! I really want to see them actually catch things! I saw Kyle stalking a bug just now and I caught it first, and he did the shocked expression, which was too adorable! It would be cool to know they could actually catch it though. Oh well

Yeah my creepy monkey, Tammi, was doing that yesterday and then she slammed her net down scaring the hell out of me.

He can't actually catch it, but I believe if you go and catch the bug that a villager's stalking they'll do a shocked emote haha.

I hope they change that for the next AC! I really want to see them actually catch things! I saw Kyle stalking a bug just now and I caught it first, and he did the shocked expression, which was too adorable! It would be cool to know they could actually catch it though. Oh well

Totally agree with this!! Too cute c:

Teddy was trying to catch a peacock butterfly and failing so I snuck up and grabbed it. Teddy was shook! ;)

Yeah Im guessing they don't actually catch them cause then it'd be ruining the gameplay. Its the same way they shake trees but nothing ever comes out even if there is actually money or a beehive in it. If 5-10 villagers were able to catch all the bugs and fish too then it'd be a lot harder to get them yourself, same for the money trees and rocks.
They actually get mad if you ruin the catch for them though. I remember I saw Soleil sneaking up on a ladybug, so I decided to be mean and scare it away which made her angry.

I didn't see Marshal stalking a bug today, so when I went to go talk to him, he got mad for making him lose sight of his catch! Sorry Marshal, I didn't mean to make you mad! :(

ive seen them stalking the bugs too, but ive never seen them catch one, i can only recall one time i even saw the mswign their net but they came up empty (i think it was Rocket)....

Marshal was about to catch a butterfly but I interrupted him and spoke to him. He was really pissed haha

They stalk them but they can't catch them... I just saw Butch stalk a butterfly and he was like :mad: why did you scare it off (because I passed by running)

I dont think that they can actually get a bug thats why they constantly demand us to catch bugs for them ;)

Though one time I saw Poppy trying to catch one and I thought that it was adorable but of course she didn't actually catch it but it was nice to watch her.

It's hilarious when you catch the bug they were stalking.

attachment.php

Back