• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Nostalgia mode: Aika Village

Jesusrey91

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1592-7397-6405
I remember this town... some people thought it was creepy, others thought it wasn't.
I found it unsettling.

ANYWAY, I'm here to ask y'all... Do you have any idea what happened to it? Like... the Dream Address Aika's village it used to use was before the number/letter format, so anybody knows what happened to it? Did they got a new DA? Or is it long gone and dissappeared into nothingness?

AND if you ever got to visit it or watched a youtube video, what was your take about it? What do you think the story was about?

My take: (I wasn't a user on here when Aika's Village was a thing, sorry guys, I'll tell y'all this right now) I thought it was about a possesed doll Aika got in her birthday. The doll possessed Aika and made her do stuff, like kill her mother. They tried to find the "spirit" that made Aika do all that, but they realized Aika and the spirit were already one and only. The spirit made Aika kill herself because well... evil spirit. The Adam and Eve room is what gives away the doll was possesed by a demon. (You know... how the snake makes Adam and Eve eat the forbidden apple and the snake is actually a being from the underworld) At the end Aika gets buried with her doll because well... possessed doll, who'd want to keep that stuff. Let both possessed things stay out of human reach forever.

Anyway, that's my take. What about y'all? What's yours?

Last edited:
Aika village is a really unique town, I really enjoy it tbh. Some people find it scary and creepy, however I really enjoy it. PLUS I read the story behind Aika Village and was even MORE impressed with the town. It's twisted, but tells a very interesting story behind it all.

hoo, this is going to be long
some things i thought of (just a ton of different ideas)

-north of the town aika is walking around and says "this is inside of my dream" it could be that aika fantasizes about a better life. paradoxes like the angel and bat wing statue and playing a relaxing piano but the eggshells represent stress she ignores

-there are a lot of biblical references such as the last supper. there seems to be a theme with betrayal (judas) the eyes in the toy room could mean that god is always watching. theres also the adam and eve part which could be the mother and the father comitting a sin (possibly creating aika in a different way or that aika was a hellspawn, or one parent committed adultery)

-"i love my mommy" her mother probably wasnt a very good person. expecting so much of her (eggshells, piano) that aika became obsessed with trying to win her love and eventually commits suicide (maybe her mother perished before this? or aika killed her)

-aika was a miscarriage and the mom had set up all of these things for her like toys and paint and had people come along to celebrate but eventually went mad after losing the baby like scribbling the pictures she drew for aika and ultimately kills herself

-the doll probably symbolises aika and could have been a ghost tormenting the mother after aika died

-the doll with the axe could have been that this was how aika was killed (possibly by the father, who also could have wrecked the paintings and furniture) the mother survived but knew she would die soon and took her shoes off and drowned to go to the other side (aika could not accept/understand her death and lives on in the village

-the doghouse and bones buried in the past (i think it was removed in later versions?) could represent someone burying the dog alive or it died so the mother and the father wanted another companion (aika)

-the maze with the books could have meant aika being stuck between reality and her fantasies and eventually killed everyone and then killed herself

-the toys that turn their back on the room apart from the doll could mean that aika can no longer feel emotion or cant find joy anymore, she could be alive or dead at this point

-the funeral with the gravestones and the bones could either be aika, the mother or the father. if it was aika it could have been shortly after she was born or even as a child, if the father died the mother could have either gone crazy and killed aika with the axe and then committed suicide or she felt lonely after her lovers and her daughters demise so she then committed suicide and never payed attention to the town after this event so it withered away, if the mother died the father probably went crazy and killed aika (this could be applied with the mother too) and then placed shoes on the beach to make it seem like she killed herself.

-again, if the father died aika could have scribbed out a happy family and then killed and killed herself (could be applied to all family members)

-theres no evidence that the father is around other than with the painting, so aika longed for a father figure and tried to convince herself all she needed was her mom until her mom killed herself

Last edited:
I always thought that it was the journey from childhood to adulthood. The first area is perfect and beautiful, similar to most children's naive view of the world. Next, it becomes a messy maze. I interpreted it as trying to find your way in life. Sometimes you get lost or run into dead ends or fall into pitfalls, but eventually you get out. When you do exit the maze, the town is a complete mess. To me this essentially means that you took the "wrong" path in life and now you're extremely dissatisfied and see nothing but ugliness in the world. Finally, you end at the beach where you're so fed up with your life that you take off your shoes and end it. That's the abridged explanation. I can also bring in the indoors of the houses but that would take too long.

Aika village is a really unique town, I really enjoy it tbh. Some people find it scary and creepy, however I really enjoy it. PLUS I read the story behind Aika Village and was even MORE impressed with the town. It's twisted, but tells a very interesting story behind it all.

Same hear! I had only first visited it a few months ago and it impressed my socks off!

I still got spooked out by the town but there are some theories that make it less scary and impressed me on how the town presented them. The new updated town is less scary in my opinion.

I recently visited for story research again. It's still there. That room with the maze of bookshelves gave me a good idea for the next chapter. I'm glad people keep going to check it out. It's worth keeping around.

Last edited:
I've never visited but I saw a video on it in a LP, ages and ages ago. I thought the same as you tbh, I thought the story behind it must of had something to do with that one doll. Who was in almost every room. Honestly, I don't find the concept of the village all that creepy anymore since when I found out about it, I was really young and more easily spooked. But to answer your question, with the new update it's gotten a new dream address. I've never visited myself, but I feel like I'd be able to go there without feeling uneasy.

Last edited:
The new dream adress is 2D00-002A-49A0

OMG YAS! Thank you :D

Where did you read about it :O ? Was it like from the author?

hoo, this is going to be long
some things i thought of (just a ton of different ideas)

-north of the town aika is walking around and says "this is inside of my dream" it could be that aika fantasizes about a better life. paradoxes like the angel and bat wing statue and playing a relaxing piano but the eggshells represent stress she ignores

-there are a lot of biblical references such as the last supper. there seems to be a theme with betrayal (judas) the eyes in the toy room could mean that god is always watching. theres also the adam and eve part which could be the mother and the father comitting a sin (possibly creating aika in a different way or that aika was a hellspawn, or one parent committed adultery)

-"i love my mommy" her mother probably wasnt a very good person. expecting so much of her (eggshells, piano) that aika became obsessed with trying to win her love and eventually commits suicide (maybe her mother perished before this? or aika killed her)

-aika was a miscarriage and the mom had set up all of these things for her like toys and paint and had people come along to celebrate but eventually went mad after losing the baby like scribbling the pictures she drew for aika and ultimately kills herself

-the doll probably symbolises aika and could have been a ghost tormenting the mother after aika died

-the doll with the axe could have been that this was how aika was killed (possibly by the father, who also could have wrecked the paintings and furniture) the mother survived but knew she would die soon and took her shoes off and drowned to go to the other side (aika could not accept/understand her death and lives on in the village

-the doghouse and bones buried in the past (i think it was removed in later versions?) could represent someone burying the dog alive or it died so the mother and the father wanted another companion (aika)

-the maze with the books could have meant aika being stuck between reality and her fantasies and eventually killed everyone and then killed herself

-the toys that turn their back on the room apart from the doll could mean that aika can no longer feel emotion or cant find joy anymore, she could be alive or dead at this point

-the funeral with the gravestones and the bones could either be aika, the mother or the father. if it was aika it could have been shortly after she was born or even as a child, if the father died the mother could have either gone crazy and killed aika with the axe and then committed suicide or she felt lonely after her lovers and her daughters demise so she then committed suicide and never payed attention to the town after this event so it withered away, if the mother died the father probably went crazy and killed aika (this could be applied with the mother too) and then placed shoes on the beach to make it seem like she killed herself.

-again, if the father died aika could have scribbed out a happy family and then killed and killed herself (could be applied to all family members)

-theres no evidence that the father is around other than with the painting, so aika longed for a father figure and tried to convince herself all she needed was her mom until her mom killed herself

LOVED IT! Beautiful... seriously all your ideas make me realize more symbols I passed in my interpretation...

I've never visited but I saw a video on it in a LP, ages and ages ago. I thought the same as you tbh, I thought the story behind it must of had something to do with that one doll. Who was in almost every room. Honestly, I don't find the concept of the village all that creepy anymore since when I found out about it, I was really young and more easily spooked. But to answer your question, with the new update it's gotten a new dream address. I've never visited myself, but I feel like I'd be able to go there without feeling uneasy.

If I ever get that doll in my town, I'm throwing it in the garbage can for sure... xD and yeah, to me it was unsettling but fun... and I'm going there riiiiiiight now, LET'S DO THIS!

LOVED IT! Beautiful... seriously all your ideas make me realize more symbols I passed in my interpretation...
wow, thank you so much! the girl (i think its a girl who made it?) said that theres no right or wrong answer with what people think about aika village. :)
im gonna visit it again to see how much has changed.

OMG YAS! Thank you :D

Where did you read about it :O ? Was it like from the author?

If I ever get that doll in my town, I'm throwing it in the garbage can for sure... xD and yeah, to me it was unsettling but fun... and I'm going there riiiiiiight now, LET'S DO THIS!

I read it here :)

Link: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?105703-Aika-village-dream-town-(True-story-behind-it)

Read the link. Dang. I'm going back to Aika Village today for more clues.

Just to make it known, I read the thread in its entirety and it was never confirmed it was the "True story"... While many symbolisms make sense within the explanation given, some of them are lost and don't add up to it. It is very interesting none the less, but we can't say it is the "true story" as it can actually cause trouble. Please be aware of how delicate handling a "truth" like that in the internet is. :)
Specially the repercussions it has for the creator (without there ever been a confirmation or denial about such theory)

Last edited:
Just to make it known, I read the thread in its entirety and it was never confirmed it was the "True story"... While many symbolisms make sense within the explanation given, some of them are lost and don't add up to it. It is very interesting none the less, but we can't say it is the "true story" as it can actually cause trouble. Please be aware of how delicate handling a "truth" like that in the internet is. :)
Specially the repercussions it has for the creator (without there ever been a confirmation or denial about such theory)

I don't believe it is a true story. But it is very interesting lol

Aika is very spooky...and interesting! I love how the story draws out in the village and how the person can see it. It's a town I would love to return to soon.

I feel like I'm the only one that wasn't even slightly impressed or entertained with aika.

(winces)
I think all the ideas are neat and the town is creepy but...
To me it's like you could have made anything why did animal crossing get made into that. XD not in a bad way at all. It's interesting. It's just not my thing. I get how it's awesome but too much for me.

I've recently visited Aika Village and have found that the 3rd house no longer matches the description found in most places online. The basement has become an adorable cafe instead of an eery bedroom...

Back