• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite cat breeds?

I like aaalll the kitties. I really want a Devon Rex (weird looking little alien cats) so I can name it Mini Me.

Traditional Siamese & Russian Blues are the most beautiful and very smart

I'm not actually familiar with any cat breeds, but I find all of them adorable. Especially the ones people call "ugly" (wonky huge eyes, scrunched up faces). I love those so much!

Granted I don't know of a lot of cat breeds, but looking at a list the Turkish Angora caught my interest, they're adorable.

turkish-angora-cats-kittens-2.jpg

Exotic shorthairs are my favorite I:lemon: also like Scottish folds, Siberians, maine coons, ragdolls. Munchkins are cute too but i'm not sure if having such short legs is bad for the cat?

My kits from the shelter so idk what breed he is.
^D07EE4B359A510FB1F9EFADC85D468D203B09F3C9A51E644DD^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Last edited:
i'd have to say russian blue. my brother has a russian blue, and he's very cute. i had no idea that russian blues were thought to be very smart, my brother's cat is quite the opposite. he's just indifferent, really. but i love their eyes and colour though.

I love all cats! But my boyfriend's roommate has this long haired beauty that is so soft and friendly- you can pet her belly as much as you want, pick her up, give her kisses, just about whatever, and she just purrs and purrs and I'd love a cat like her. I'd also love to have a hairless cat one of these days, they're just so pretty and don't deserve to be called ugly.

Black domestic short hair (classic black cat), exotic shorthair, sphynx, and anything with a smush face.

I love all cats! But my boyfriend's roommate has this long haired beauty that is so soft and friendly- you can pet her belly as much as you want, pick her up, give her kisses, just about whatever, and she just purrs and purrs and I'd love a cat like her. I'd also love to have a hairless cat one of these days, they're just so pretty and don't deserve to be called ugly.

I agree wholeheartedly with sphynx not being ugly, honestly their skin is so soft and they're so freaking loving! They are really needy and want lots of attention which I count as a good thing anyways!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Munchkins are cute too but i'm not sure if having such short legs is bad for the cat?

Sadly it's not very good for the cat, much like corgis they easily get hip problems and spine problems and it can be painful for some of them to walk a lot. It also makes it harder for them to jump and climb. But like all other pets that are cute but 100% come with medical problems people won't stop breeding them. :[

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly with sphynx not being ugly, honestly their skin is so soft and they're so freaking loving! They are really needy and want lots of attention which I count as a good thing anyways!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sadly it's not very good for the cat, much like corgis they easily get hip problems and spine problems and it can be painful for some of them to walk a lot. It also makes it harder for them to jump and climb. But like all other pets that are cute but 100% come with medical problems people won't stop breeding them. :[

I agree, people really shouldn't be breeding cats that have known innate health problems.

My cat is a British short-hair I don't really have a favourite breed but I think BSH are most common here.

I recently met a sphinx cat and ever since then I'm been obsessed. His owner runs my favourite pet shop which has reptiles, spiders, fish and all sorts. We go there weekly so I can have a cuddle 🙊

Back