• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

omg I was so scared to check this post thank god we were right!

Thank you Karen and Kat for giving me the boost! This is the best game I've played because of the support I received from fellow town members. Thank you everyone!

Toads your scum game is top notch!

- - - Post Merge - - -

man i wanted to play this like a normal person but once it got to 1000+ posts on day 1 im like nah son i cant

I'm sorry if I was being mean to you, but now that you mentioned it, yeah 1000+ posts could be super overwhelming for newer players. I'm sorry again!!

Thank you to everyone who participated in this game!!! It ended up being wayy bigger than I was really expecting tbh, I was only planning on 13 tops...

Town, you guys were really amazing not mislynching once - Mafia, you were also amazing stategy wise.

I know this game seems a little unbalanced. 5 Mafia and 13 town wasn't something we actually planned on having, but we had so many extra people joinj at the very end of signups, everything we thought out and balances got more and more hard to track.

We wanted to have oracle, we wanted the unlyncher and jester, and we wanted the inventor. However these roles are all case by case uses, so finding a balanced set-up with them was harder than any other balance I've done before. I don't think personally it was too imbalanced because the blue roles offered a good deal of shot, so 5 mafia was in theory easier to eliminate than normal. Unfortunately all extra shots didn't hit maf so that went unexpected.

As for the 2 KP, I thought this would be a better idea than # of Mafia/2, because if we did t that way, day 2 would've been at the potenital of like 6 or 7 kills, even making it MyLo. So I restricted it to hopefully even out things for town. That and we told everyone there was 5 mafia ourselves.

I hope nothing seems too imbalanced or unfair this game, I know t lasted unusually long. You were all amazing sports as usual.

Dolby, I'm really sorry we screwed up that action. It really shook me. I hope you aren't too mad about that

And finally: Thank you Crys SO MUCH for being my cohost. You helped so much with flavor, managing the roles, and updating the thread on time and efficiently. You were a huge help and I wouldnt have been able to host a game like this without you.

Thank everyone who participated!!!! And congrats Town + Kat

gg

really liked playing as the jester tbh. being neutral takes stress out of the game : )

Also its almost 1 am, so I will edit the OP completely and fix any links and stuff tomorrow

man i wanted to play this like a normal person but once it got to 1000+ posts on day 1 im like nah son i cant
You did fantastically, the number of posts was an aberration that shouldn't have ever occured, and caused the game to be incredibly difficult to follow.

For the record, the setup was roughly 95:5 stacked in favour of mafia, and town would've lost via a single mislynch if mafia hadn't have killed the jester. So the fact that town actually won is nothing short of amazing.

Toad, your play this game impressed me quite a bit, because it was a super accurate recreation of your town game, which is high praise coming from me.
Next thing you should work on is specifically the varacity and usefulness of your town game. The reason for this is because once people stop being able to read you, if you're not useful, they'll just figure out a way to get rid of you early. (Hence one of the reasons I grind content so well)
Once people consider you an asset, they'll be reticent to lynch you without reasonable evidence.

To the entire town after my death: fantastic job not sheeping me on my toads read. I really erred there and I'm super pleased it didn't negatively impact the game. I was especially impressed with Serojas play.

At hosts: don't worry about the fact that the setup was unbalanced, innovation can't occur without errors. I appreciate the fact that you were willing to try something new, and despite the error with the oracle, I think you hosted this quite well.

My vote was going to go on Toad but I like Toad so I gave him the benefit of the doubt... haha ily Toad!

Last edited:
Lol seroja I saw that and was like oh **** were sunk

- - - Post Merge - - -

I DONT WANT TO BE MAFIA ANYMORE GDI, 3 GAMES IN A ROW IS ENOUGH

- - - Post Merge - - -

My vote was going to go on Toad but I like Toad so I gave him the benefit of the doubt... haha ily Toad!

Ily too panda! BOTW mafia is gonna be lit lol

also, rose the roleblocker was in ladybug cultists, tae inspected endless who returned cult but tae was drunk and thought he inspected toads instead so they lynched some random person to sanity check tae as cop but over night tae was culted and yeah, cult team basically won from there lmao

Ahhh wow, GG everyone!!

I'm sorry I essentially dropped out after I reached the hospital, this was an interesting game to read even though I wasn't very active. No mobile phones allowed on in ICU and me being the main person in with mum meant I wasn't checking in when I had lots of opportunity - lots of time to wait on the ward!

Anyway, I'm so glad to see Mafia is back on TBT. Yay!

also, rose the roleblocker was in ladybug cultists, tae inspected endless who returned cult but tae was drunk and thought he inspected toads instead so they lynched some random person to sanity check tae as cop but over night tae was culted and yeah, cult team basically won from there lmao

That *ish was amazing I remember culting Tae and saying "that's for doing all that scummy work before you were scum" haha

Last edited:
That *ish was amazing I remember culting Tae and saying "that's for doing all that scummy work before you were scum" haha

that was the worst time of my life, I'm glad it brought everyone such enjoyment...

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Zendel, your Jailer chat was great! very flawless pulling that off! good job :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hope everyone saw my message I wrote in mafia chat about the investigation mix-up.... I was well aware I shoulda been axed had the right investigation gone through, my initial thought was say let them know. But I didnt want to ruin the rest of the game, so I just decided to play the game from there. But even then knew I was most likely sunk

the only qualm I had with set up was starting out without any safe claims.... semi-open set up and no way for mafia to avoid claims, it demotivated me ngl. Then screw us, role blocker, vigilante, unlyncher, and jester all claim before half way through day 2. Hence the salt and wanting to kill byngo lol I had basically given up at that point. Top that off with apple submitting a kill without telling us, qwerty dying day 1, and busses flying around like crazy... and I was over it really quick.

not to mention i just did not want to be on mafia again lol

Last edited:
town dragged maf this game omg, good job everyone <3

Gonna say that I did some math and in 21.7% of scenarios, maf forced town into a unwinnable situation with a D2 mislynch. Also happy with my play, had maf 2-4 on my sus list D3

Honestly, of town lost because my inspect on Toads didn't go through, I would have just been screaming in rage postgame

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tbf Toads, the last three you mentioned did the right strategy claiming (Kirby was set to be lynched so eh on him). Though I do agree there should have been safeclaims

Bringing this back again cos Kat guessed 4/5 scums correctly in her RQS :lemon:
Tbh next game I'm tunneling who I put down in my RQS :lemon:

Gg everyone! Tbh I'm surprised town was cool w/ me - in Azurriland mafiia, neutrals are usually killed bc theres no way to verify and they're pretty much auto non-town, so my claim was kind of a hail mary pass. It worked though, so I'm not complaining lol

Town rocked this game though, damn. Really curious as to why Zendel outted lmao, gonna go read scum chat

- - - Post Merge - - -

NGL JUST READ THE "THEY ARE SMARTER" IM ****ING DYING AH HAHA

For what it's worth, I don't remember any game like that happening on AZ. It was a crack theory that turned out right lmao

Last edited:
Back