• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

just worried on the off chance he is actually the det and he's simply playing horrendously. yea i let possibilities make me doubt myself

i do wanna see if he comes back in like the next hour to see what he has to say

This feels like a very awkward post. It doesn't have any actual pressure to it, like you'd think someone would have in a post responding to someone completely avoiding your questions. It almost feels like a "hey, you need to get your Scum-Leans out there or else you're gonna end up lynched" kind of deal, and makes me believe that if Uttumori is Mafia, so is Panda.

-snip-

What about Uttumori, then? Do you think Panda and Uttumori could be a team based on their nearly parallel agendas?

-snip-

Based on what I've caught up on, my top Mafia-Leans are currently Uttumori and Panda, with a lesser Lean on Apple. I hold a strong belief that Uttumori and Panda are a team based on their actions Today (and their very strange interactions from earlier)

I'm not seeing how their interactions are shady or helping each other. I thought Panda's tone was genuine in pressuring Mori. However, Mori's apathy in answering her is very off-putting.

Apple's claim in #1323 puts a big wrench into things for Today...I wonder if Byngo lied about there being an Oracle report at all to try and get lynched before she got screwed over? Not a huge chance for that, but it's something to think about, since I'm not convinced there's an Oracle AND a Detective. It's a tough call to make, honestly, but I don't want to back off just because Apple is a role that could find Mafia more easily than anybody else.

If Byngo is indeed Jester I think that she would choose someone more obviously town to lie about instead of Ayaya. In my position right now I don't think she's lying about getting an Oracle report.

The bolded part: do you mean you don't want to vote Trundle?

--

@Dolby I can see that as a possibility. Thank you for answering.

Would you perfer Uttu or Apple, and why?

well i wanted Uttumori cause they seem to be avoiding seriously scum reading anyone at this point, and i too read the strongman description the way Apple did, but i am not denying that Apple is still scummy other than that, and guess Uttumori could be just really bad town thats not taking the game serious. so my votes on Apple and i hope it helps clarify things.

@panda: the thing that is literally getting apple lynched rn is how he read strongman. you read it the same way but you said he's still scummy. how so?

also @others: i don't see how wouldn't hesitate to vote for trundle given he's un cc'd detective. it goes back to my question of whether mafia have PR safe claims.

@Kat - I have it at 20/Page right now.

@Seroja - Maybe we're just looking at it in different manners, then. The "APPARENTLY" quote really struck me as very coach-like, though I don't understand why that would be made so blatantly obvious.

No, I'm saying that Apple shouldn't be scrutinized any less just because he claims a role that will force people to question themselves and potentially remove their votes. I haven't voted yet, and so far I haven't seen any new info come up. I'll likely vote for Apple closer to EoD, but we already have 6(?) on him right now, so I'm not going to do anything with my vote just yet.

I also believe someone who claims cop that literally said he was okay with being lynched earlier in the day.

I'm almost in awe of how gullible some of you guys were to that fish.

On an additional amusing note, if trundle was actually cop here, he'd have cussed all our heads off and presented it in bold, italicised letters.

@panda: the thing that is literally getting apple lynched rn is how he read strongman. you read it the same way but you said he's still scummy. how so?

also @others: i don't see how wouldn't hesitate to vote for trundle given he's un cc'd detective. it goes back to my question of whether mafia have PR safe claims.

Given that there are specific townie rolenames, I'd think they'd have safeclaims. Not sure if they'd be PRs though. We currently are looking at the presence of 2 TIs in a 20 person game as well, which I also doubt (oracle and detective)

No counterclaims =/= Apple is confirmed Detective. Detective could just not exist, and with there being a likely Oracle, Apple could have gotten a lucky guess with his claim, knowing that Oracle was in the game.

THERE ARE NO SAFE CLAIMS. ALL THE POSSIBLE CLAIMS ARE IN THE SECOND POST WITH THE ROLES.

@Kat - I have it at 20/Page right now.

@Seroja - Maybe we're just looking at it in different manners, then. The "APPARENTLY" quote really struck me as very coach-like, though I don't understand why that would be made so blatantly obvious.

No, I'm saying that Apple shouldn't be scrutinized any less just because he claims a role that will force people to question themselves and potentially remove their votes. I haven't voted yet, and so far I haven't seen any new info come up. I'll likely vote for Apple closer to EoD, but we already have 6(?) on him right now, so I'm not going to do anything with my vote just yet.

Oh okay thanks, I was confused about what you could have meant. I am actually hesitant to vote him on the off chance that he is indeed the detective. So I'd really like for Apple to please come back to the thread, because otherwise I will vote for him. Right now it feels like he is hiding in maf chat and watching the discussion idk.

If there were safe claims, we'd see multiple instances of the Vigilante role description, in which there are two possible names for it. That isn't the case, so if somebody claims something that the name isn't in the role list, they're lying.

@Kermit... i always slightly sus him, most the time im wrong, just the way his post read to me. i know thats not a good reason but it is what it is, he doesn't seem sincere town and i don't like the way he left earlier.

No counterclaims =/= Apple is confirmed Detective. Detective could just not exist, and with there being a likely Oracle, Apple could have gotten a lucky guess with his claim, knowing that Oracle was in the game.

THERE ARE NO SAFE CLAIMS. ALL THE POSSIBLE CLAIMS ARE IN THE SECOND POST WITH THE ROLES.

i know that

for me this game: safe claim == role(name) listed on possible list of roles that doesn't exist.

If there were safe claims, we'd see multiple instances of the Vigilante role description, in which there are two possible names for it. That isn't the case, so if somebody claims something that the name isn't in the role list, they're lying.

Ftr Cleb, I was refering to them having names like Rose Quartz from the OP and nothing else

i know that

for me this game: safe claim == role(name) listed on possible list of roles that doesn't exist.
So basically if someone claims a name that isn't in the second post, it's 100% a safe claim?

That's stupid, and it just confirms Mafia if they even try to claim at all lol.

Back