• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

Oh boy... I am pretty sure we are on the wrong path with at least one of the wagons here. Dolby could you go into more detail on why you want to lynch Ayaya? I really don't see your reasoning as she is a strong town lean for me. It is making me think you are scum.

1. Kirby's wagon got off the ground to fast, with no resistance unlike Ayaya's
2. Zendal insta-voted Kirby, and practically ignored the argument against Ayaya
3. Ayaya really hasn't provided anything that is good, and when asked for scumreads, puts it off with this
Sigh, actually I'll answer you by making a list of scumreads tomorrow. I'm rather annoyed by your tone but what you brought up is fair.

Granted, they have been questioning people, but the only read that they themselves have come up with is a slight scumread on Toads early in the day. They have been buddying up with Zendal in the thread as well, which is an extension of point one. This is pretty truncated, but there's other stuff I have to do today and I don't have the time to make a full case

Taking Panda out of my maf team theory

- - - Post Merge - - -

As for my new scum theory, it is Kermit/Zendal/Ayaya.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't really like that Kermit is the prime candidate right now, but I definitely can get behind a lynch against them

1. Kirby's wagon got off the ground to fast, with no resistance unlike Ayaya's
2. Zendal insta-voted Kirby, and practically ignored the argument against Ayaya
3. Ayaya really hasn't provided anything that is good, and when asked for scumreads, puts it off with this

Granted, they have been questioning people, but the only read that they themselves have come up with is a slight scumread on Toads early in the day. They have been buddying up with Zendal in the thread as well, which is an extension of point one. This is pretty truncated, but there's other stuff I have to do today and I don't have the time to make a full case

Taking Panda out of my maf team theory

- - - Post Merge - - -

As for my new scum theory, it is Kermit/Zendal/Ayaya.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't really like that Kermit is the prime candidate right now, but I definitely can get behind a lynch against them

I'm gonna go back and read Ayaya's post to make sure of all this and if i feel confident enough i may, vote her.

Any ideas for the other two, then? Seems like you've only been posting in groups of 3, and not regarding the other two Mafia at all.

Assuming that at least one is a lurker and the other is in my other scumreads of Panda/Kirby/Trundle

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gonna say though that I want us to come to a consensus. I do think there is at least one mafia (and probably both) in Kermit/Ayaya, but I don't want us to end up spliting the vote and end up with the lynch being Kirby. Probably just me, but a lynch on Ayaya would go far to game-solving, even at this point

- - - Post Merge - - -

Probably gonna end up removing Panda from my POE if the lynch is correct (and we lynch from the three being talked about)

To the question previously asked: if a Jester is lynched, the game would not end for everyone.

I dont feel right voting on Ayaya or Kermit, the way we are following them already I think we will know if they are scum soon enough. Kirby though could come back to bite town if we let him slide, at some point you have to draw a line in the bs and I'd rather take that chance now rather than lose someone putting in a conscious stream of effort

I dont feel right voting on Ayaya or Kermit, the way we are following them already I think we will know if they are scum soon enough. Kirby though could come back to bite town if we let him slide, at some point you have to draw a line in the bs and I'd rather take that chance now rather than lose someone putting in a conscious stream of effort

i still remember the time he claimed jester and i shot him as vet and he flipped town lmao :( gr8 times

If we go with that, we're just policy lynching then, rather than going off reads

I'm at school chill, will be very active 2 hours before day end bc sport's off today so chill

- - - Post Merge - - -

chill chill chill

I'm at school chill, will be very active 2 hours before day end bc sport's off today so chill

- - - Post Merge - - -

chill chill chill

sry sry sry forgot ur australian and in the future

i still remember the time he claimed jester and i shot him as vet and he flipped town lmao :( gr8 times

dolby said:
If we go with that, we're just policy lynching then, rather than going off reads

I do not like policy lynching, but i sus him for his town-appealing behavior early on. What type of craziness is he going to cause later on down the line like mog said? I don't think lynching people off the minimal, basic reads we have will really be able to solve much honestly too... If we lynch karen, that gives us more info on who? Trundel only? If we lynch ayaya that gives us info on maybe zendel, me and trundle? But then you have to wonder did ayaya purposefully pick those people and protect zendel or was she just playing the game.... so it would still be up in the air

- - - Post Merge - - -

to play devil's advocate to all this hootenanny dolby is raising, say we lynch ayaya... we would have to then trust your out-there tinfoil theory to lynch anyone else, and honestly that feels shady to me. We shouldn't just be following your plan blindly, so either start explaining more how this will help figure things out more or have better lynch candidates

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do agree and understand that Zendel's quick vote on Kirby seems opportunistic, but Zendel is an impulsive person too. I would definitely scum read them more if Kirby did flip town

to play devil's advocate to all this hootenanny dolby is raising, say we lynch ayaya... we would have to then trust your out-there tinfoil theory to lynch anyone else, and honestly that feels shady to me. We shouldn't just be following your plan blindly, so either start explaining more how this will help figure things out more or have better lynch candidates
Decent point to be raised here. It almost feels like both trains are built on opportunism. Dolby on the Ayaya train, and Zendel on the Kirby train. I'd like to see Dolby's response to this.

In response to Toads
On the bolded sentence, did you come to that conclusion yourself, or are you agreeing with what people have said?

If it's the first reason, since you mentioned this is your first game, do you have an experience playing mafia somewhere before?

Since I feel like "someone in the mafia would have been a little too careful for a mix-up like this" implies you have played as a mafia before and know how they would act like.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*not first reason but first answer I guess

Pressuring Brijade, who blatantly stated that it was their first game over whether it really was their first game

That is true, but hmmm with your reasoning, one could also argue that he was saying that to seem like he's contributing but he was too excited and missed that detail.

Like I feel like Byngo's reasoning for their town lean on Dolby makes more sense:

But actually I'm agreeing with what Panda already said here:

In conclusion I think people are town-leaning Hayden and Dolby too early. Tho I'm still null on both.

Also glad to hear you want to avoid sheeping Brijade :D

Filler up until she talks about Panda. Talks about three different people's stances, and voices agreement with Byngo and Panda. Fairly pockety

Which post are you replying to here?

I don't like this post, you posted three times and all three are what mafia would usually do/say to seem like they're contributing:
  1. Saying Trundle is scum lean for not being active at the start. If you're just saying he's suspicious then it makes sense if the reason is based on his playstyle, but he hasn't made any posts then so it can be presumed he's busy, yet you're quick to say that he's scum lean.
  2. Pointing out who hasn't posted yet is a very easy way to make it look like you're contributing
  3. Pointing out the roles written on the OP and inviting discussion on them is also another way to sound like you're contributing
Though it could be said you're just trying to generate discussion but idk I don't like how this feels like "hey i'm contributing" like Byngo said.

I don't agree on the first paragraph about Dolby. As far as I know (since it has been a while since I played with him) he's always one to really examine a player's meta, and I think if he's aware of it too, he could just be lying to seem give the impression that he's playing according to his town meta, and another reason I find this odd is because he's doing it to Kirby, which, also from my experience when playing with Kirby which was a while ago, is a bit of a wildcard/unpredictable. I feel like the time he spent on analyzing Kirby's meta could be better spent on another player. I may have remembered this wrong though.

Also, it might be my reading comprehension but I don't understand what you're getting on the bolded sentence, mind elaborating?

I agree with Kat that toads posts seems off, I also feel like his posts are just made to seem like he's helping town, but it was early in the day so I brushed it off, but his reply to Kat's post just made the "off-feeling" stronger

Like, this sounds very defensive, and why are you so worried over Kirby when no one even said that he's sus at that point in the game. I hope to see more posts from you when you have more time.

So Zendel, who I feel is just sharing his thoughts about you, gets an immediate scumread. While with Karen (already quoted above) who's actually scumleaning you, gets an explanation on why you couldn't post. Shouldn't your reply to both of them be switched?

And I don't think you've stated exactly why Zendel is a scumread. You just quoted his post and replied with how you've been away and suddenly he's #1 :/

Sorry if what I said has already been pointed out by other people, I just want to share my own thoughts on some of the posts that have been made.

Also, as I said before, I'll be busy with Eid Al-Fitr celebration until Wednesday, but I'll hopefully be around at night my time (which sadly is when most players are asleep). I'll be gone from now because I'm off to relatives houses again, so replies from me will likely be late/won't be elaborate until later.

I don't like this post. I'm not exactly in a position where I can break it down, but
1. What was stated about Kermit's filler had already been stated
2. Second paragraph main section, which pertains to me, criticizes me for meta-analyzes Kirby, scum-reading me for it, then saying it's within my meta to meta frequently. However, this criticizism is in an indirect manor, without addresses me, and addressing only Kat. Basically avoiding confronting me, while taking contradictory stances on my analysis of Kirby
3. Third main section pertaining to Toads and Zendal. Accuses Toad of being off. That's actually all and well, and I agreed with the statement at the time, until I noticed this post from her

@people pointing out Zendel's different gameplay styles, can you guys give evidence on this?

So far his posts to me reads really genuine and that he's just writing his thoughts. I feel like, based on the impression he gives on his posts, he'd be more careful about his posts if he is scum. So far he's quick to reply to people accusations/inquiry when he's online (see: his timing when trundle, curry, and cleb interacted with him) but then again this is my first game with him.

Also it's 5 am in GMT right now so he's probably sleeping.

Literally calls Toad out for not pointing out the differences between Zendal in this an past games, but fails to do so when evaluating toads

If it's so obvious then maybe you can point it out for all of us?

I skimmed through Luigi's Mansion and he did post less filler there, but the tone doesn't change and he still replies pretty quickly to any posts directed at him.
Defense of Zendal

:confused: I'm... not seeing what you're seeing here. Doesn't helped by the fact that you didn't include the quote links so I can't go to the post directly to check further context.

The posts you picked also didn't indicate that he's behaving differently considering it looks like a different situation from this game, so of course he'd react differently?

I'd like to see evidence from Trundle then.

I'm not sure if this will help but I'm gonna try something to get the newer/silent players to chime in:

1. How do you think a mafia would behave like in order to secure a win in this game?
  2. Based on your answer to the first question, which player(s) fits your idea on how mafia would behave in this game? (Can be more than one)

More defense of Zendal

Just finished rereading the thread, I need to be on PC to do a more thorough analyzing but so far based on what I've read, toadsworthy is a scumlean for me.

I'll elaborate when I get home but for one I don't like how he's being vague...? and not contributing as much other players I'm townleaning. He gives off this passive impression like he's not part of town, just blending in? Like, even Bri, who is new, is contributing more than him.

Anyway, some posts that made me think what I think:

Asking for another person's opinion but not stating why they think so.

This sounds like that "wow good job people!" posts mafia can make to seem like they're on town's side

What "something"?
Also your explanation indicates you want others to do the work, instead of presenting evidence yourself.

I don't know, I feel a very weak play out of you. I'm gonna give a better look through when I get home and not on mobile.

This is actually fine, but it gives us little in contribution. Attacks Toads for filler

Finally home but it's pretty late so I might go to sleep soon since we're leaving early tomorrow :c
Replying to this first.

My mistake, like I explained I was on my phone then and couldn't elaborate and put things into detail.

1. Alright, This is fair.

2. "People were starting to question me at that time" Uh I looked back before you made that post and between your last post in the thread and that update, NO ONE was sus on you or questioning your whereabouts beside placing you on the "5 scum team" question. You're worried about being placed as scum in an answer to a simple RQS?

3. Hmm, fair I guess.

Sorry if I seem mean on this, you still feel off to me atm.

I'm gonna give another read now that I'm on PC.
Response to Toads defense, weak

This covers everything since the RQS up to the pretty much entirely nulled reads this. Could see Ayaya as weak town, but the blatant buddying with Zendal makes me think otherwise. That being said, I'm fine with a Kermit lynch, but I would prefer lynches of both of them to a lynch on Kirby

Decent point to be raised here. It almost feels like both trains are built on opportunism. Dolby on the Ayaya train, and Zendel on the Kirby train. I'd like to see Dolby's response to this.
Oh it looks like Dolby came in just as I said this. Reading it now~

Btw, cut this short because dying computer

- - - Post Merge - - -

Upon reflection, gonna unvote. Probably gonna settle on Kermit/Kirby

So besides seidel what else do you think we can learn from lynching ayaya though?

So besides seidel what else do you think we can learn from lynching ayaya though?

Why Trundle was so keen to townread her early game, and to determine if she is linked to Panda in any way

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Toads, I would scumread Zendal for the Kirby vote if he flipped anything other than mafia

Back