Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

That isn't what I said, I said "So is everybody who disagrees with you is stupid? Haha!". Dolby didn't even town read me either so I wouldn't have said that in the first place, lol. Unless I missed a post where he said that, if so please direct me to it. :)

Genuine = Making an actual effort and their tone is casual and authentic.

Lmfao, "So is everybody who disagrees with you is stupid? Haha!". That's hilarious, failure at quoting. :D

Actual quote:

So is everybody who disagrees with you stupid? Hahaha!

bro what are you trying to do to me?

I think all of this is a big exaggeration of things tbh. I'm not jumping at people at all... you made me sound like a freaking lunatic, but

I did say not to take it literally. All this is only based on a skim through of posts and past experiences

My apologies then on that part. I must of missed it.

I'm still a noob at Mafia so I'm don't know what you mean by a read list.

A reads list is where you evaluate/ give an analysis of each player and what alignment you believe they may be and you did a fine job for a new player, don't worry too much.

I mostly said that because people making sus posts about people due to them being on invisible mode or not is absolute malarkey. Same with whether or not people answered the RQS question about set-up and whether they saw the updated/ edited post or not. Sussing people over logistic crap like that is low-grade play to me and I highly doubt you or any self-respecting player would follow analysis related to things like that

Are you saying you would totally sus someone over whether or not they are on invisible mode? The context and subject of the post makes a difference, so please don't take it out
I wasn't making a remark on anything related to why people were seeing her as sus. To answer your question, people going invis isn't suspicious, that's personal preference lmao. But the fact that you felt the need to point that out to her that it isn't important is sketch. It's less the topic matter and more the feeling that I'm getting that you're coaching her.

@Zendel ye sorry for paraphrase, I remember seeing that and forgot the exact wording. Also could you elaborate on Uttumori?

I wasn't making a remark on anything related to why people were seeing her as sus. To answer your question, people going invis isn't suspicious, that's personal preference lmao. But the fact that you felt the need to point that out to her that it isn't important is sketch. It's less the topic matter and more the feeling that I'm getting that you're coaching her.

@Zendel ye sorry for paraphrase, I remember seeing that and forgot the exact wording. Also could you elaborate on Uttumori?

lol if I was "coaching" her as a scum don't you think i would do that privately? and you can't just make that comment without keeping the subject matter in mind... because if she was talking about being sussed for being defensive or ATE I would've never made that same comment.

lol if I was "coaching" her as a scum don't you think i would do that privately? and you can't just make that comment without keeping the subject matter in mind... because if she was talking about being sussed for being defensive or ATE I would've never made that same comment.
Ofc because those things are actually valid reasons to be suspicious. If you made that comment with those being the reasons, I'd call it bad coaching. If you made the comment with the reasoning you had, I'd call it good coaching. Either way, it's coaching.

And I think a slip of the mind when it came to communicating ideas would make a hell of a lot more sense than you telling someone unaffiliated to you what's important and what isn't.

I'm starting to think I am wrong about some of my reads. I'm at Driver's Ed for another two hours so when I'm home I'll elaborate, but long story short I am thinking it is very likely scum are largely AFK like last game. It's hard to scum read people who don't even post.

Toad but you have done this a few times so far with a couple different players, not saying that they are you're scum buddies cause i do believe you would 'coach' them in private but instead its coming across as filler post, trying to seem helpful and pro town when you aren't actually contributing, imo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm starting to think I am wrong about some of my reads. I'm at Driver's Ed for another two hours so when I'm home I'll elaborate, but long story short I am thinking it is very likely scum are largely AFK like last game. It's hard to scum read people who don't even post.

Apple i hope thats not the case, cause that set us off horribly.

whats kinda bothering me is that zen claims that he is usually "ignored" but I'm looking at some of the past games he was in and that doesnt really seem to be the case, I'll keep looking though just in case

Its not really that risky though :/

Actually, the possibility of ness trying to make us all sus about eachother does sound kinda valid.
At the time I thought you busting in and calling out everyone right off the bat was a bit strange, but zendel already explained to us that its your playstyle

The way she posts seems similar in these two games, short and sweet while offering insight. She isn't known for making large posts in and out of mafia, which gives here a genuine aura. I was going to null her when I was making the list but I just found her posts town-like. Since she posts like this outside of mafia why would change that aspect?

I don't know how to explain in why I feel she is town in depth but that's the best way I can put it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry if that isn't what you wanted. :(

how exactly is it coaching though? i'm quite aware going invisible isn't suspicious (that's why i was annoyed it was brought up) as it's something that's sometimes brought up in quite a few games, it's more like pointing out the obvious

Ofc because those things are actually valid reasons to be suspicious. If you made that comment with those being the reasons, I'd call it bad coaching. If you made the comment with the reasoning you had, I'd call it good coaching. Either way, it's coaching.

And I think a slip of the mind when it came to communicating ideas would make a hell of a lot more sense than you telling someone unaffiliated to you what's important and what isn't.

I mean i did say I felt the need to proctor in this game more given the amount of crap plays I witnessed over the past few games

- - - Post Merge - - -

Toad but you have done this a few times so far with a couple different players, not saying that they are you're scum buddies cause i do believe you would 'coach' them in private but instead its coming across as filler post, trying to seem helpful and pro town when you aren't actually contributing, imo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was trying to break the monotony of having to explain every gd post I make... I've given full reads, so I'm sorry if there has been a few filler posts after it, and like i just said, I felt the need to proctor or referee this game given what I've seen in the past few ones

You're just gonna have to live with the fact that I don't answer some of these questions the way you want me to. Don't get too worked up over it.

The fact they really don't want to cooperate with something as simple as a rqs is bothering me a lot. They seem so defensive and on edge, and barely anything has happened. Guilty conscience?

Because when one person gets put into over half the answers from other players, it gets very irritating, and it can show in their posting. I feel like making such random guesses is what causes so many mislynches on Day 1, which is why I don't answer that question. Throwing names around is not Pro-Town.

Once again, they're on edge for no reason. someone explained the reasoning behind "throwing names around" (tl;dr: to generate conversation) and still he's unwilling to do so.

2) Depends on if I'm getting people to attack me on purpose or not, and what they're attacking me for. I couldn't tell you that.
Although unrelated, this just sounds so shifty... Just answer the questions dammit!

Don't really have any suspicions rn so anyone I'm not townreading atm I wouldn't mind them being lynched. (townreads mainly bri, byngo, mori, dolby, arstotzkan)
If Heyden is Mafia, one of these Town-Reads are also Mafia.

In other news, meta gives me slight town on Mogyay and slight scum on Kat

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Kat got three different maf roles, like I predicted in my RQS post.

At this point, I have far to many townleans

- - - Post Merge - - -

For further explanation on the two that I just posted, scum Mog posts the literal minimum of required content each day. Both scum Kat and town Kat have initial strong posts during the day, but town Kat is more involved with more posts corresponding to the situation at hand
Too early to tell if this i the case for sure right now. Sure, you can say this by Day 2 or so, but why bring this up now, when we're only about halfway through Day 1?

-Snip From #392-
Ew, meta. I dislike that meta is seemingly much more prevalent in this game than any other recent game here, and like I stated before, I don't think it should be indicative of someone's alignment in a completely different game. I don't think the best of Zendel either, but I wholeheartedly disagree with the method of coming to that conclusion.

I'm done talking about Zendel right now. I'm moving on to other people, but feel free to ask questions about my thoughts on the matter... I still scum lean them overall, but its fricking day 1 and I expect feelings and views to change. Things like making the first color-coded reads list out of everyone with valid reads is definitely helpful. Maybe they just had another bad day that first day. I'm not voting anyone yet, I never said I was, but I had a opinion, I was asked to provide more detail on it, so thats what I did
So you're just going to give up when we have no set lynch right now?

-Snip From #434
Where are the rest of the players? I understand some haven't posted since your last post, but I'd think you'd at least give thoughts on everybody.

I think all of this is a big exaggeration of things tbh. I'm not jumping at people at all... you made me sound like a freaking lunatic, but
Why aren't you jumping at people, then? You tunneled Zendel for a good portion of the Day, only to back off when you realized people aren't going to follow you. Scum-lean.

Wait, when did coaching ever come into the question? Perhaps either you or Kat could elaborate on this, because I'm lost here.

how exactly is it coaching though? i'm quite aware going invisible isn't suspicious (that's why i was annoyed it was brought up) as it's something that's sometimes brought up in quite a few games, it's more like pointing out the obvious

I brought it up because it made you harder to read so I went of a hypothetical thought process, it's better than nothing I suppose.

Posting this read before I go to bed as when typing this post it got pretty late.

I'm not gonna townread anyone on the first day, so anyone I don't feel like they're a threat/scummy/off ATM will be null for me.

xCleb - I want to see more posts from him

Dolby - He's a good player and contributing, so I want to see how he plays on the 2nd day after night passes

Heyden - I feel like he's being passive this game, at least I remember as town he would question more people than he would in this game

Zendel - I've said it before but his tone, the time it took for him to reply to posts directed at him, and his reasoning so far doesn't give the feeling that he's scum.

Mogyay - Not seeing things that gives strong indication to either town nor scum, not enough posts to make a lean either.

SenseiGallade - Null, while they have contributed reads I'd like to see them interact more with players.

Yzanda & Ashvenn - Will either be replaced or be late to the party.

Byngo - Same as Dolby, she's contributing and I would like to see how she plays in 2nd day.

Toadsworthy - Their explanation for their behavior in this game made sense, and it seems my pressure on him made him contribute more. I did say I was going to elaborate my reads on him but I'm too tired atm because I need to reread his posts, consider his explanation, and then consider the context of his posts, that will take more time and I'm not ready for that atm. Consider what I've pointed out previously and what he said.

Kirbystarship - Null. As far as I remember he tends to seem scummy even as town so he could be either at this point in the game.

Brijade07 - Null. Her reply to my questioning showed that she's familiar to how mafia works despite this being her first game, and she's contributing well so far for a new player, and because of that I need to see more of her posts & interactions with other players from her.

Uttomori - I may need to read their meta because theyr'e townread by other people pretty quick yet their posts doesn't stand out to me nor incline me to put them as town nor maf. Hoping to see their reads.

Curry - Needs to post more as people have pointed out

Arstotzkan - Waiting for their reads

PandaDarling - Like Heyden pointed out, she seemed more stern this game? Sadly she didn't interact much players so I can't see how she stands. Would like a read from you.

KermitTea - Would like to hear more from you now that there are more posts to discuss

Qwerty111 - Where are you

Apple2013 - I have a bad feeling about your playstyle atm because when you're this aggressive, you usually (from my experience playing with you) play badly or just stirring people up which is distracting to town, and that's bad whatever you alignment is.

After reading what I wrote, I feel like my reads are kind of lacking and I don't like how I'm undecided on half of the players. This might be because I'm tired, and I usually feel more confident after Night when people's stance would be more clearer. I'd like to see the people whose name are bolded to post more, as your lack of posts or interactions made it kind of hard for me to make a stance for everyone.

ATM I have no idea who to lynch, as you can see from my list I only have toads and Apple as suspicious but it's not very strong, as seeing how Apple acts in this game just because gives me bad memories of his previous games and toads I have stated I need to read more thoroughly.

Going to bed now and hopefully I see more people posting, as it feels like just the same set of people (timezone is probably why though)

also @Byngo: TBT mafia wiki has links to all the games I've played. Last time I played town was in Trump mafia, and last time I played maf was in AoT but I quit halfway because I didn't want to play as mafia while I was fasting :s And I actually coached on the original SU mafia?? I didn't even remember...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, Toads has done this multiple times? Mind linking where else?

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Cleb Coaching refers to http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...fia!!!-Day-1&p=7424709&viewfull=1#post7424709

The fact they really don't want to cooperate with something as simple as a rqs is bothering me a lot. They seem so defensive and on edge, and barely anything has happened. Guilty conscience?

Once again, they're on edge for no reason. someone explained the reasoning behind "throwing names around" (tl;dr: to generate conversation) and still he's unwilling to do so.

Although unrelated, this just sounds so shifty... Just answer the questions dammit!

Do you have any reads yet? You've been absent for a lot of the game.

The quote you referenced applies to this response too. If you don't like that I don't answer the questions, then deal with it. I'm not gonna break because you don't like that I won't answer a pointless question.

Also lol @ "guilty conscience." The only "conscience" I have from this is not wanting to answer RQs because the questions are pointless.

...because the question is pointless? I don't know how many times I have to state that for people to realize that I'm not going to answer.

Well I'm sorry that I'm capable of reacting to attacks in multiple ways. I'm not just gonna say that I'll react in one specific way when I don't, because when I say one way, then react another, it's a lynch waiting to happen. Again, another pointless question FMPOV.

I'm scum for jumping at people, I'm scum for not jumping at people, I'm scum for coaching, I'm scum for filler posts, I'm scum for thinking zendel is scum, I'm scum for backing down from Zendel, I'm scum for questioning kirby, I'm scum despite my explanation making sense, I'm scum for using meta, I'm scum for being rude to people, I'm scum for being nice to mog... I don't even know what to respond to first, god help me today

@Kat - Fair, the conversation is a lot more clear to me now. Thanks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm scum for jumping at people, I'm scum for not jumping at people, I'm scum for coaching, I'm scum for filler posts, I'm scum for thinking zendel is scum, I'm scum for backing down from Zendel, I'm scum for questioning kirby, I'm scum despite my explanation making sense, I'm scum for using meta, I'm scum for being rude to people, I'm scum for being nice to mog... I don't even know what to respond to first, god help me today
Then maybe go through everything in order? This isn't going to change anybody's opinions on you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Posting this read before I go to bed as when typing this post it got pretty late.

I'm not gonna townread anyone on the first day, so anyone I don't feel like they're a threat/scummy/off ATM will be null for me.

xCleb - I want to see more posts from him

Dolby - He's a good player and contributing, so I want to see how he plays on the 2nd day after night passes

Heyden - I feel like he's being passive this game, at least I remember as town he would question more people than he would in this game

Zendel - I've said it before but his tone, the time it took for him to reply to posts directed at him, and his reasoning so far doesn't give the feeling that he's scum.

Mogyay - Not seeing things that gives strong indication to either town nor scum, not enough posts to make a lean either.

SenseiGallade - Null, while they have contributed reads I'd like to see them interact more with players.

Yzanda & Ashvenn - Will either be replaced or be late to the party.

Byngo - Same as Dolby, she's contributing and I would like to see how she plays in 2nd day.

Toadsworthy - Their explanation for their behavior in this game made sense, and it seems my pressure on him made him contribute more. I did say I was going to elaborate my reads on him but I'm too tired atm because I need to reread his posts, consider his explanation, and then consider the context of his posts, that will take more time and I'm not ready for that atm. Consider what I've pointed out previously and what he said.

Kirbystarship - Null. As far as I remember he tends to seem scummy even as town so he could be either at this point in the game.

Brijade07 - Null. Her reply to my questioning showed that she's familiar to how mafia works despite this being her first game, and she's contributing well so far for a new player, and because of that I need to see more of her posts & interactions with other players from her.

Uttomori - I may need to read their meta because theyr'e townread by other people pretty quick yet their posts doesn't stand out to me nor incline me to put them as town nor maf. Hoping to see their reads.

Curry - Needs to post more as people have pointed out

Arstotzkan - Waiting for their reads

PandaDarling - Like Heyden pointed out, she seemed more stern this game? Sadly she didn't interact much players so I can't see how she stands. Would like a read from you.

KermitTea - Would like to hear more from you now that there are more posts to discuss

Qwerty111 - Where are you

Apple2013 - I have a bad feeling about your playstyle atm because when you're this aggressive, you usually (from my experience playing with you) play badly or just stirring people up which is distracting to town, and that's bad whatever you alignment is.

After reading what I wrote, I feel like my reads are kind of lacking and I don't like how I'm undecided on half of the players. This might be because I'm tired, and I usually feel more confident after Night when people's stance would be more clearer. I'd like to see the people whose name are bolded to post more, as your lack of posts or interactions made it kind of hard for me to make a stance for everyone.

ATM I have no idea who to lynch, as you can see from my list I only have toads and Apple as suspicious but it's not very strong, as seeing how Apple acts in this game just because gives me bad memories of his previous games and toads I have stated I need to read more thoroughly.

Going to bed now and hopefully I see more people posting, as it feels like just the same set of people (timezone is probably why though)

also @Byngo: TBT mafia wiki has links to all the games I've played. Last time I played town was in Trump mafia, and last time I played maf was in AoT but I quit halfway because I didn't want to play as mafia while I was fasting :s And I actually coached on the original SU mafia?? I didn't even remember...

Far too many nulls here. Scum-lean.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And, just to clarify, I did see the "not Town-Reading anyone" piece of the post. It just feels like an off-kilter excuse not to put any actual Town-Leans on anybody. Putting almost everyone as null is very wolfish, regardless of if it's on purpose or not.

Back