• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

Having an extremely hard time keeping up with this thread, either way I'll try to make a reads list again. hopefully I'll have it done soon

Zendel- their posts are coming back around, they sound more like their dopey town self, but ya know, your weirdness hasn't gone away. Once every one of your 15 posts, just makes me feel like what? Dolby I think is being harsh on you for your vote last night... I voted Kirby too, we had reason to until he claimed and you are an impulsive person a lot of the time, and if you are around you are posting... so i think you genuinely had to go somewhere. Can't call you town, but I can put you back at null for now.

sensaigallade - I think you are a ringer for us right now. You seemed really cowardly day 1, and i don't know what changed for you, but I like seeing you directly question people and actually contributing to conversation now

mogyay - mog has yet to show up here I feel like, I know you are very busy and self-deprecating, but there comes a time when you actually need to give some input. If you keep laying low, I think we will need to pressure you more, I want to know your thoughts about the people at end of day 1.

Dolby - going into day 2 I think we really need to evaluate Dolby from end of day 1... he was adamant about who we should and should not lynch, and he really tried to narrow down the pool of who we should lynch early on. It was scary how he tried to manipulate us to voting ayaya or zendel.
dolby said:
Just vote Zendal. I'm fine with leaving Ayaya at this point and anything is better than Kirby
dolby said:
You implied you were blue. Full claim please
dolby said:
Knew it. Easily confirmable to if we wanted to go to the effort. Fast switch to Ayaya is best I think

For someone who was very discussion-oriented and came across organized in his thoughts, he sure lost his cool at end of day. I know its fast-paced and all, but trying to elicit full claims, straight up telling people to vote a certain way, I feel like you were trying to take advantage of that chaos in multiple ways.

KermitTea - I don't follow your logic in a lot of ways in this game, but that soft claim is enough to keep me from voting you for a while.

Brijade07 - You are new town, you are bleeding new town, you are spewing all over the floor new town. I defy one person to try to find something scummy about you

xCleb - the only thing is you keep bringing up these important knowledge bombs like 10 minutes too late. The kirby thing would've been really great to realize when we all were still voting him. However your analysis and reading of this game is deep, helpful, and I feel like it is very town-helping.

Kirbystarship - your role blocker claim stands for right now, but we are all watching you....

byngo - you played devil's advocate to like all the lynches last night and I can't help but be torn by it. On the one hand your unwillingness to join a wagon says you are thinking for your own. I think you genuinely voted for Karen, but after wards you just kept putting doubt on the lynches rather than helping us determine who to vote for, and that feels weird.

byngo said:
not feeling this kirby lynch. if uve ever played with him before ud know he always makes posts like his reads one, where ur sitting there going wtf (No offense, kirby) and maf usually capitalize on him
byngo said:
it's late, I'm tired and i don't feel like thinking

this is a shameless bandwagon

heyden - for someone who usually makes their opinions well known about things, you've been awfully quiet thus far. Look at his last posts too and they offer no help in determining scum. I'm pretty sure this time in themeless mafia you were pretty vocal about who was town and was not

curry - I get the feeling you have been playing a lot of mafia on azurilland or wherever. Your "wat" post was the first red flag, since it was a throw away especially because acting surprised to kirby is a waste. I don't doubt that you have been busy, but the fact that you put all your effort into a reads post and literal nothing else kinda shows you are really trying to appear town while actually just coasting.

pandadarling - Panda always seems a little scummy, but the times she is here in this game, I feel like she is genuinely adding to conversation, bringing up different points of view without being opportunistic, and overall more helpful.

Yzanda - wut dah fuqqqqqqq

Ayaya - I put you here because between your null reads, and the hypocritical thing dolby pointed out about you, not to mention when I responded you just were like... ok. Feels like ingneuine effort.

HOWEVER, theres absolutely no effing way you and Dolby are on a scum team together with all this madness. So if one flips scum then the other has to be town imo

apple2013 - if my other scum reads prove themselves then honestly you will be my next target. In all your games you at least go through a period of genuine scum hunting, usually very early and noticeably genuine. You never seemed to go through that phase in this game though. I think you were more sensible than ALOT of the other people on end of day 1 though so I don't really know how to handle you right now.

Arstotzkan - the sheisty flip flop last night, the bad reaction to it, the borderline agreeing with dolby all night, only to switch your tune really quick about the whole situation all just looks so scummy. I think we need to really focus in on you and Dolby for day 2. I agree with cleb there is probably scum between the two, however Dolby's lynch tells us a lot more about Zendel, Ayaya, and Kat tbh

Uttumori - She was legit gone during that game last time we were mafia together and when she did come back post quality was meh. I said I would vote her if I wasn't on a team together. That being said, her posts (while few and far between) sound much different than anything she came up with in Themeless

I have 6 people scum read rn, but honestly its because Dolby, Kat, Ayaya feel interconnected... someone is scum in there and it the others will become apparent as soon as we figure out who it is. Apple Zendel would lean more Null-scum where Byngo falls more Null-town

I've read over the read thread quite a bit and I think I've got a fair idea of what alignment I think people may be, there are a few nulls though. :)

Key:

Strong Town Lean
Slight Town Lean
Null
Slight Scum Lean
Strong Scum Lean

Apple - I'm not completely sure what to think right now, I liked that he didn't band wagon me at first but he later decided to do it but then he decided against it again. I find it strange because I think the only time I've seen Apple do this is when he was reaction testing and I don't see this as reaction testing. My memory could be foggy on this though, I'll look at his other games to see if I remembered correctly. He has also posted a fair amount of posts that seem like he is genuinely trying and contributing to the game/conversation at hand.

Artstotzkan - I appreciate the contributions and I like how she has mentioned that she isn't entirely comfortable with Dolby's reasoning for scum leaning Ayaya and I because it shows that she isn't a band wagoner which is what I would expect from her. I want to see a little bit more from her before deciding my final conclusion on her, I expect to see great things from her because she is clearly an independent player.

Ayaya - I was reading through the scum game Dolby gave me of her and I see some similarities, she continuously defended players who were town.

I still think Trundle is town, he's playing similarly to scummy mafia where he's a bad town and just say someone is scummy with little to no reason.

Not sure about the rest. I hope it'll get clearer in D2 She defended me and asked for links and such, it could be a front to appear to be more town like

What makes you say that? I thought Daniel's questions are pretty valid

I feel like Cory is really just a bad town atm. As evident by his posts, he's pushing Hayden so much to the point where it kind of feels like he has something against him, but I can somewhat understand his frustration as Hayden isn't playing his best. It's a good thing that Cory playing like his town meta (as I mentioned before) because I feel like this is Town vs Town, and anyone who want to lynch them over this argument is taking advantage of the situation

I feel like these posts are a little defensive and she just so happens to be scum here, she is doing the exact seem thing right now. Most of her posts are defensive are herself or me, after she defends she leaves. She started out strong with questions but she later became inactive after she started being sussed.

Her reads list was the scummiest post she has made, the amount of nulls is bothersome. I didn't think much of it because of this post:

After reading what I wrote, I feel like my reads are kind of lacking and I don't like how I'm undecided on half of the players. This might be because I'm tired, and I usually feel more confident after Night when people's stance would be more clearer. I'd like to see the people whose name are bolded to post more, as your lack of posts or interactions made it kind of hard for me to make a stance for everyone.

I agree with this and I sympathize but I think an effort should have been made, if there is enough reasons to scum read someone there should be enough reasons to town read someone.

I see where Dolby is coming from now honestly, but I would like to point out that I saw a lot of time gaps in the town game which is similar to this game so I don't think activity is going to be any good against Ayaya but I don't like how she defended people that often in her scum game. I am not 100% about her being scum but I can see it. This took a lot more convincing for me as she was one of my strongest town leans.

Bri - My thoughts are the same about Bri, I'm more confident in her being town after looking through the thread and the points I made in my previous reads lists are more than enough for her to be on my obvious town/ strong town lean. She isn't in consistent and I appreciate her efforts throughout the game, she was making a reads list and got genuinely upset about it being deleted accidently, so I trust her and I'm inclined to town read her for how sincere she is as well. A great first game. c:

Byngo - Byngo has been an independent player throughout and she hasn't leeched off any other players to extract their opinions or thoughts, she continued to keep sharing her thoughts and opinions openly in a way that seems natural, it just makes her seem like town for me.

Cleb - This is what I have seen from Cleb when he is town, slightly aggressive and pushy. He's been contributing a lot in this game which is always fabulous and I appreciate his efforts, I also like his independent train of thought in this game.

Curry - I understand that life can be busy but even when you do post there seems to be little effort, I expected more from you. You said you would be quiet, which you are, but the walls of text are not present. There has been one wall of text and the rest of your posts are short or don't contribute to the game. I don't mind people being quite unless it looks like there avoiding questions but the lack of content in the posts that you have time for isn't great. I assume you have time for them but why post if you don't?

Again I understand you're busy, so I will wait until you're more active to give a conclusion whether or not your a strong scum lean, When will that be by the way?

Dolby - I'm disregarding my theories on him as they don't hold much wait at all. I like his contributions to the game so far and his determination is the thing that makes me town read him the most. He's been very vocal which is a town tell, I read the game that you provided on the main difference would be post quantity. You've posted more in the first day than the entire time you were in that game which is crazy. Your post quality wasn't as good in your scum game either, you posted a lot of one line sentences and jokes rather than getting into your points and so on. Over all you seemed much more reserved in that game so I don't think you are scum in this game because you are literally the polar opposite right now.

Endless - He's only been brought into the game so I will wait for more input.

Heyden - META against Heyden isn't a good idea but his posts are almost identical to the ones in the themeless mafia in his attitude, looking through the conversation when it was heading to the night phase I can see that Heyden picked up in activity he wasn't that active before hand because he never really is during the day but it's nice to see him contribute more.

Kermit/Tea - Karen is another player who I feel isn't band wagoning and instead shares her thoughts openly and willingly, she also claimed blue so I'm inclined to believe her but I don't remember her playing like this in the game I played with her so I'm a little cautious of that, it's on my conscious and that's why I can't make her a strong town lean completely.

Kirby - I believe his claim and he has contributed more since then which is great. I'm going to take note of this behaviour for next time, as it is clearly his playstyle/ he's just reserved.

Mog - Her self awareness is what really makes me feel like she's town, she has became much more active and has started sharing her opinion and thoughts which is appreciated. Her reactions and her general attitude seems both genuine and town like, which is just normal Mog. :blush:

Panda - I'm not completely sure about Panda right now, I don't see any scummy posts. I like that she's part of the discussions and that she is willing to listen other people while forming her own opinions along the way rather than band wagoning.

Sensai - I really like the amount of contributions Sensai has made, it shows he is willing to cooperate with everyone and that's always a town tell. He has posted one liner comments where he seems genuinely baffled with the game and he is trying to learn along the way, he has clearly shown that he is learning and if he was on the mafia team I would expect him to be coached and his posts to come off in a less genuine way. You're doing great for a first timer as well, keep it up! :)

Toadsworthy - My thoughts are the same from last time about his posts against me, I feel like his tone has changed quite a bit since then and he was emotional, which = town Toad. He seems to be contributing quite a bit though, so this read could change a bit in the future.

Uttumori - I was originally pleased with her contributions and her comments were alike to those of her townie comments, short and simple while offering her opinion on matters. But I don't think it's enough right now, I need more Mori, feed me!

Yzanda - She will either be mod killed or replaced soon, 1 post isn't enough.

Sorry for the long wait, 18 players is a lot to get through! :rolleyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are people posting their reads right now or what? XD

Zendel you only have 3 scum leans?
one of which you even said has town qualities... me
So who else do you think could be scum?

- - - Post Merge - - -

in fact you came across empathetic to all of your scum leans which is just odd

@Toads - Could you elaborate on the "knowledge bomb" piece of your read on me? I just wanna see if we're thinking of the same thing when you say that.

Reading through the rest of yours and Zendel's reads now, I'll post again with thoughts on each of them in a second.

xCleb said:
This is why I'm saying that if one of Dolby/Kirby is Mafia, then the other is basically guaranteed Mafia. Dolby went all out on trying to get the vote off of Kirby, based on a claim that is dangerously confirmable, for reasons I've already stated. I don't like that he's willing to let another blue get out in the open just to confirm one claim, especially with Mafia having 2 KP.

xCleb said:
Okay, was keeping quiet for a bit to see what would happen with the lynch, and it's off Kirby at this point, so no point in holding back anymore.

If Zendel is Town, Dolby needs a serious look for essentially leading this bandwagon so close to EoD. Along with that, I think if Dolby flips scum, then Kirby is also scum, judging by how hard Dolby has been pushing to get the lynch off of Kirby.

I won't be voting Zendel at this point, because I think it's actually quite disgusting that this bandwagon was led without him being around. I'm already Scum-Reading Dolby for that alone.

Its not that I clearly don't understand and believe your thinking, but I read both of these and thought, well damn I'm an idiot for doing this or thinking this, why didn't he tell us sooner

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is that why there hasn't been any posts in a while?

posts from myself? I was at clinical all day then did my reads, then I see yours right after mine and so I commented on it

Its not that I clearly don't understand and believe your thinking, but I read both of these and thought, well damn I'm an idiot for doing this or thinking this, why didn't he tell us sooner
It's slightly different than what I was thinking (was thinking it may have influenced people more to flip to Dolby had I said something sooner, rather than keep on Kirby), though in essence it's the same, so I agree with that. Main reason I didn't say anything was because if Kirby were lynched and flip scum, then I'd have a much more solid case against Dolby by the time Night came around. As of right now, Dolby is only a lean of mine.

As for your reads in particular, the second quote you pulled from Byngo is something that I think a lot of people would completely agree with him on, that the Qwerty lynch was almost certainly just a bandwagon vote that happened in the spur of the moment at EoD. I don't think it really applies to him playing devil's advocate to the Qwerty lynch as much as the first quote.

I'll tell you firsthand that there hasn't been a game hosted on Azurilland since the April game which I hosted, so you can pretty much throw that part of your read out the window.

Disagree on Dolby/Kat/Ayaya connections. I think the only case which more than one of them can be Mafia would be Kat/Ayaya, otherwise there's only one Mafia out of this group.

- - - Post Merge - - -

in fact you came across empathetic to all of your scum leans which is just odd

I realized that, I'm not absolutely share about everyone.

I feel like I need to look at Uttumori, Apple, Kat, Abe and maybe Panda more.

I've found empathy with everyone because I've been in those situations before.

Ayaya = Tired and getting ready to go to sleep so her post on her reads wasn't as good but I still felt like she should have put more effort in.

Curry = I'm not entirely empathizing with him because he still posts, there just isn't enough content in them that seems helpful. I want him to be more active before making a conclusion because I don't know how much his personal life is mixing with his quite playstyle.

You = I forgot to add gray to your name because I'm feeling less and less suspicious of you as time goes on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

posts from myself? I was at clinical all day then did my reads, then I see yours right after mine and so I commented on it

No, I was talking in a general sense because Uttumori said she's preparing a reads list and it's been a while since other people have posted anything, so I thought maybe they were preparing reads too.

@Zendel -

If Kat isn't a bandwagon-voter like you claim, then can you explain all the hubbub with her sudden vote changes at EoD? I feel like the changes came with very little explanation (at least, for her standard).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Only other thing I want to point out is the idea that Zendel/Dolby team is entirely possible based on Zendel's read of Dolby. It feels like an attempt to appease Dolby to make him back off a bit, and we'll have to watch to see what Dolby does with this in the future.

So, I missed a good amount of ****, holy hell. I REALLY don?t like how much bandwagoning went on at EoD, there is some messed up **** and the fact everything just seemed in chaos makes me think scum are playing us to be confused. What I mean by this is I'm willing to bet two people that are scum that led different lynch trains so they could confuse people on who to choose. This may not hold much water, but depending on my reread soon I may have more to this theory. I?m not a fan of Kat and Karen?s vote switch at the last minute and I?m wondering if that was them trying to swing the lynch to Zendel to try and save Qwerty, though I also think Zendel is mafia so I?m just like?I don?t even know but it doesn?t sit right. Will look into this more.

To respond to posts directed at me:
Endless said:
Curry: Only one post of his actually contributes to the game. (well 2, if you count this one. But only one major post) In that post he demostrates a horrific push on Kermit, scumreading her for something both he and I know she would do as town. Arguably, you could put this down to him being super stressed from work and overthinking, so I'm willing to give him plenty of breathing room here and I don't really think pressuring here will have any positive effect at all. Hope you have some more free time soon curry.

I disagree on your opinion of my read of Karen. With the information I had at the time I find my suspicion to be reasonable even if it was lackluster due to time constraints. I also asked a question of her in my post that went ignored, even when I was gone and she was back before EoD. ?Something he and I both know she would do as town? to my knowledge I?ve never played with Karen and the only time I?ve even seen a game with her in it was Overwatch?actually, when thinking of that game now I think I understand what you mean by that and I actually agree as I?m typing this. That makes me doubt my read a bit actually (though not convinced yet to say a town read). However, I stand my read with the information I had at the time and do not find it to be unreasonably far fetched.

xCleb said:
@Endless - I'm not quite a nub like you think I am tbh; it's only really that the forum I have the most games on relies a little too much on the Night to win games (Kat and Curry can both attest to that), so perhaps my play-style has taken on some changes here.

Seconding this (and it?s damn annoying). I?m starting to town read Cleb and this is me standing by one of his statements. I also am beginning to town read him because of his opinions on Kirby. While personally I believe Kirby, I appreciate that he is being cautious and I agree with him on his interactions with Dolby. Kirby should not just flat out give away who he blocks, if he blocks a blue role and that information gets out, we then have two confirmed blue roles in the open that mafia can use to their advantage. I hate to use the meta ****, but in the most recent game I played with Cleb he was town and his playstyle is very similar to said game in my opinion.

If I missed any questions for me please feel free to point them out as I started skimming mid page 24.

Current reads:
Town sided:
Ayaya ? I stand by my read previously and think their content is good. I disagree with Dolby and think she is town lean. Probably the weakest read of these, but I still stand by my thoughts on her originally for the time being until I dig deeper. If anyone can give me context on her experience though I?d appreciate it and it may effect my opinion.
Kirby ? I like Cleb?s opinion and stance on Kirby, and I believe his claim. He seems very reserved as to not give any hints to the mafia on who he is going to block if he does block tonight. On top of this, frustrating Kirby is town Kirby to me. What I mean by that is what I said in my original read, he?s always so vague and frustrating when he?s town and the fact he also feels that way to me this game gives me good vibes.
Cleb ? I really like Cleb?s content. He hasn?t tunnel visioned still and his play does remind me of his previous game I was in with him where he was also town. To go along with these, in the previous paragraph a few ago I agree with him on Kirby and that he doesn?t like the idea of getting him to confirm another blue to prove himself.

Somewhere in the middle:
Dolby ? While I do agree on his opinion of Zendel, Dolby has definitely done some things to peg him off of my town reads and gone back down to null. For a very large portion of the irl day 2 I feel he tunneled on Ayaya and Zendel way too much. I?m kinda confused because I agree with one of those reads but disagree on the other. Because of all this, I?m really confused on where I should put Dolby.
Karen ? While I agree with Abe?s point that he brought up in his read of me, I?m not sold on the idea that that confirms them town or even makes me town lean them, the last second vote switch to Zendel puts me off and I accept her reasoning in response to toads, and I would agree with a Zendel lynch had I been here, but I?m still really not a fan of how their last minutes of the day played out. She openly admits to sheeping Dolby which I find to be a bad idea and think in her case the vote should?ve been left on mog to stand by her opinion when she couldn?t reread the whole thread in time. I still partially stand by my original read, but I?ve begun to doubt myself which is why they are back in a gray-ish area.
Toads ? While I still think the information I had up until the point was a lot of AtE, reading over his posts now I find them enough to take him out of scum read but not enough to put him into a town read. Maybe this will change in the future but for now I?m moving him back to a gray area until I can further investigate him, probably through iso.

Scum-ish:
Zendel ? I stand my reasoning of tone from my first reads and don't think he's changed it and that gives me scum points. I completely disagree on his assertion about Dolby that changing his opinion shows little merit to his opinions. I also don?t like the fact he criticizes Dolby for tone but then defends his read of toads using the logic of tone, again one of my big reasons for scum read. His whole post of #949 honestly just doesn't sit right with me and he hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise or done anything very town like other than reads.
Uttomori ? Large amounts of coasting and lots of it being ?oh man I missed a lot? or similar posts. After iso?ing, their ?contributions? have been pointing out that certain people have been inactive or very short posts that really seems like filler to fill the active quota. I?m willing to hear them out on a defense, but I?m not liking their play one bit right now.

Crunch is over, I?ll be around a bit more in the next few days. Family starts vacation Friday, but I?ll be as active as possible. Now that I have free time I?ll start working on reads of anyone not mentioned here since there?s a good chunk of people missing. These are ones I had at the time of writing, I?m aware there?s only two scum reads and depending on my rereading of the thread there will likely be changes in these opinions and scum in the people not listed here. I wanted to at least get a good amount out before end of night. #981 is the most recent post I?ve seen at time of writing this.

@Zendel -

If Kat isn't a bandwagon-voter like you claim, then can you explain all the hubbub with her sudden vote changes at EoD? I feel like the changes came with very little explanation (at least, for her standard).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Only other thing I want to point out is the idea that Zendel/Dolby team is entirely possible based on Zendel's read of Dolby. It feels like an attempt to appease Dolby to make him back off a bit, and we'll have to watch to see what Dolby does with this in the future.

I must have missed that, let me look at that real quick.

I sent in my roleblock action. Going to post who I roleblocked a few mins before n1 ends. I'm not posting any reads on N1 so I don't give any clues to mafia who I roleblocked tonight.

curry said:
Uttomori – Large amounts of coasting and lots of it being “oh man I missed a lot” or similar posts. After iso’ing, their “contributions” have been pointing out that certain people have been inactive or very short posts that really seems like filler to fill the active quota. I’m willing to hear them out on a defense, but I’m not liking their play one bit right now.

curry said:
So, I missed a good amount of ****, holy hell.

please do not tell me I'm the only one who thinks this is ironic and funny

I sent in my roleblock action. Going to post who I roleblocked a few mins before n1 ends. I'm not posting any reads on N1 so I don't give any clues to mafia who I roleblocked tonight.
Don't post your action here at all until Day starts imo. That way it's certain that nothing changes between you stating who you blocked and Day Start.

Don't post your action here at all until Day starts imo. That way it's certain that nothing changes between you stating who you blocked and Day Start.

What if he's killed though? I think it's unlikely but possible. Should post at :59 exactly imo

I realize that can be hypocritical, but I responded to everything and didn't leave it at that.

since I got you here any other specific thoughts on the EoD? what drew your attention or is most surprising thing that happened to you

Back