• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

I'm gonna say at least 5/6 people on the Qwerty train are town if not all. Kirby's 100% town, Byngo's been one of my strongest town reads and still is, Apple was very insistent on lynching Zendel so if Apple was scum he would've gone down that route but he didn't so, Mog and Panda were the reasons why Qwerty was lynched and Toad is like, nul-town probably.

Also townleaning Cleb based on Qwerty's 'mini case' on him, which I highly doubt was bussing in any way or shape or form since it was her only post after the RQS one

Just for the record, excessive messages has a number of negative aspects in a game, including the following:
Clogs the thread up, making it harder to find or recall information.
Makes it harder to keep up for people, causing some people to not have as much interest in the game.
Intimidates newer players, causing them to enjoy the game less, and be less likely to come back.
Causes people to have less time to create content when they have to absorb the already created content.

Of course, let it never be said that I don't encourage the creation of content. The point I'm making here is that the amount that everyone is posting is nothing short of absurd.
It's been 48 hours, there's about 700 posts since day started. That's about 15 posts an hour, or 1 post every 4 minutes.

What can we do to fix this? It's all very well to make a complaint about something, but a post isn't constructive unless it provides a conclusion as well.
What you can do to fix this is to make your posts more compact, and to avoid wherever possible posting 1 liners. (Except when it's an answer to a question presented to you in thread)

Now, I'm aware that I just spent a good 20 minutes of my time creating a post that both doesn't contribute and adds to the clutter problem, but hopefully things can improve going forward. Because 1k posts on the first day is ridiculous.

To be fair, almost half the post count was in the last 6 hour rush on deciding who to lynch, and that's pretty much a given in this situation because everyone's just scrambling around and blurting out as much **** as they can say before EoD

Actually, 700 posts is quite tame. Last game I played had around 1,100 posts at the end of Day 1, and that was with closed Nights.

I'd say that, as long as it's good information that you're getting out there, then posting a lot is fine. You just have to be careful that you're not putting too much useless crap out there.

Needless to say though, I do agree that there are a lot of needless posts that can be simply done away with, and seeing the amount of those decrease in this game and other games would be a pleasant sight, but that's something that's going to be a lot harder to cut down on by just saying "hey, don't post if you don't have to." A lot of these empty posts seem like posts to check in or let people know that said poster isn't dead or lurking or whatever.

Heyden is completely right though, EoD was a mess, and I don't think that's going to happen again in this game, or any time in the near future in other games.

Cleb, this is the last post I'll make on the subject, as discussing it at any length at all defeats the purpose of discussing it at all, but MU games happen to have the most ridiculous postcounts out of any of the mafia forums, which lead to some of the early people invited to the "champion games" of which MU was built upon having to spend most of their time catching up, and having to post and make reads in the process of catching up. I've played on about 40 different forums and MU and 2+2 are the only ones where the post count gets this high, and neither are very hospitable environments for new players.

Zendal insta-voted Kirby, and practically ignored the argument against Ayaya

No, I didn't ignore it. I didn't even know it was an argument.

And there was this other post where you claimed that I chose Kirby instead of Ayaya when they had the identical reasons.

I found that Ayaya did make an effort and her read's list was iffy but she was tired at the time so I didn't think much of it.
Kirby consistently put little effort in his posts so it backed up my point that he was reluctant to share his opinion.

I've never played with Ayaya or Kirby before so I don't know how they act but I had came to the conclusion based on what I see as town and not town.

I never really picked up on Ayaya's defence of me but I'll look at it when I get back.

Also using our inactivity to share yoir theory on Ayaya and I, is just awful, neither of us where here to defend ourselves.

Holy crepe I missed alot, I don't think I like the fact that kirb is pretty much a townlock now for bringing attention to querty, something doesnt really feel right about all this

No Lynch - 2
xCleb
SensaiGallade
Uttumori

Kirbystarship - 3
Zendel
xCleb
toadsworthy
Brijade07
Arstotzkan

Ayaya - 0
Dolby

Kermittea - 1
Byngo
Mogyay
Curry
Dolby

Mogyay - 0
Kermittea

Qwerty111 - 6
Kirbystarship
Toadsworthy
Byngo
Apple2013
Arstotzkan
PandaDarling
Mogyay

Zendel - 4
Mogyay
Dolby
Heyden
PandaDarling
Kermittea
arstotzkan

No Registered Vote - 4
Ayaya
Yzanda
Endless
Qwert111

Qwerty111 will be lynched.

Let's note that Ayaya was fully here and failed to vote.

oh pants

I WAS ASLEEP GODDAMN

bye guys [walks back, finger gunning]

coming back with a clear head has helped me see some things. i realize now it was probably naive of me to set kirby as town. kats last minute flips between qwwerty and zendel is noteworthy

also with day 1 scum lynches occurring very rarely, i can't help but feel maf had something to do with qwertys lynch

You're not going to address the turn out of day 1 at all??

You obviously haven't read the thread yet.
I didn't have time and I'll respond to all of it soon.

Qwerty did make me wonder though, are some of the scum team just sitting back?

There's far too much for me to read through but I'll try my best.

Reads and stuff, since I won't have time to do this toward Day Start.

Likely Town
Town-Lean
Null
Scum-Lean
Likely Scum

Dolby - For suggesting someone who wasn't going to be around for EoD, he pushed the Zendel lynch way too hard, and I'm actually quite glad that lynch didn't happen. He was extremely dense-headed during D1 and will likely continue to push this agenda in the future.

Ayaya - Mainly for Dolby's little association between Zendel and Ayaya, which I don't believe carries any real merit. I don't like the reads though, and would like a better list either during the Night or at Day Start.

Heyden - I didn't like his play earlier in the Day, but I believe he's improved. Whether that improvement is genuine or a way to get attention away from him, I don't know, and I think it could really go either way right now.

Zendel - Reason being is that I believe Mafia was just fine with getting rid of Zendel, but then everything flipped over to Qwerty last-second.

Mogyay - Honestly, I'm not buying all the emotional jibber-jabber. Her switch to Qwerty felt like an appeasement of everyone that was saying that voting Zendel was a bad thing since he was inactive, when the exact same can be said about Qwerty.

SensaiGallade - Coasting a LOT. Has done absolutely nothing to generate discussion, or even respond to pre-existing discussion. I don't like Town-Leaning these for "oh hey new player, probably Town," since that is a foolish thing to do. Null for now, and I want to see some discussion from you.

Byngo - He seems to be a bit more willing to make comments on situations as they happen, rather than actually dive into any of them. When he does make these comments, there isn't really too much two then (2-3 lines at best, looking at his ISO), and it strikes me as someone trying not to make any mistakes.

Toadsworthy - My opinion has changed a lot since I had jumped on him earlier D1. His posts seem kind of fragmented and unfinished at times, which seems Town-ish. I don't think Mafia would purposefully post incomplete thoughts like that out of risk for being called out.

Kirbystarship - Unsure on this. I understand the claim can be confirmed, but I don't like the circumstances needed to confirm it.

Brijade07 - Good effort in doing the research into past games, and generating talking points (albeit not points that have persisted very long). I can't help but having that doubt in my head though that this may be coached, so I'm keeping an eye on his posts. Weaker lean.

Uttumori - I forget that you're in the game sometimes, and that's not a good thing. You're slipping by far too easily, and I believe it needs a closer look in the future.

Arstotzkan - I will say that I don't believe in a Kat-Dolby team at this moment, but the willingness to flip votes so close to EoD strikes me as odd, especially when there was the potential to essentially blitz Zendel with hers and Kermit's votes switching at the last minute (literally). This is a fairly weak lean compared to others in my reads.

PandaDarling - She's asking good questions, and while she isn't necessarily getting answers, I think is a good starting point to understanding just what is going on in the game, and figuring out your own thoughts. It shows that she didn't have these thoughts beforehand.

KermitTea - I feel like if you're Town, then you're dead by Day Start anyway, since you essentially claimed blue when you were one of the primary lynch targets. You surviving actually does a lot of things to help Town, including (potentially) confirming Kirby, which I've been keeping in the back of my mind for some time now.

Apple2013 - I can't get any sort of read on him right now. He hasn't done too much to advance discussion, but hasn't done anything to really stand out versus anybody else, either.

Curry/Yzanda/Endless - Need more from all three of these guys. Wouldn't even say Null for any of them right now, more so "No Read."
I will point out that I do have 5 Scum-Leans right now, despite there being 4 Mafia. That's contingent on either one of Dolby or Kat being Mafia, since I don't believe those two are a team (as I stated in one of my reads above on them).

Reads and stuff, since I won't have time to do this toward Day Start.

Likely Town
Town-Lean
Null
Scum-Lean
Likely Scum

Dolby - For suggesting someone who wasn't going to be around for EoD, he pushed the Zendel lynch way too hard, and I'm actually quite glad that lynch didn't happen. He was extremely dense-headed during D1 and will likely continue to push this agenda in the future.

Ayaya - Mainly for Dolby's little association between Zendel and Ayaya, which I don't believe carries any real merit. I don't like the reads though, and would like a better list either during the Night or at Day Start.

Heyden - I didn't like his play earlier in the Day, but I believe he's improved. Whether that improvement is genuine or a way to get attention away from him, I don't know, and I think it could really go either way right now.

Zendel - Reason being is that I believe Mafia was just fine with getting rid of Zendel, but then everything flipped over to Qwerty last-second.

Mogyay - Honestly, I'm not buying all the emotional jibber-jabber. Her switch to Qwerty felt like an appeasement of everyone that was saying that voting Zendel was a bad thing since he was inactive, when the exact same can be said about Qwerty.

SensaiGallade - Coasting a LOT. Has done absolutely nothing to generate discussion, or even respond to pre-existing discussion. I don't like Town-Leaning these for "oh hey new player, probably Town," since that is a foolish thing to do. Null for now, and I want to see some discussion from you.

Byngo - He seems to be a bit more willing to make comments on situations as they happen, rather than actually dive into any of them. When he does make these comments, there isn't really too much two then (2-3 lines at best, looking at his ISO), and it strikes me as someone trying not to make any mistakes.

Toadsworthy - My opinion has changed a lot since I had jumped on him earlier D1. His posts seem kind of fragmented and unfinished at times, which seems Town-ish. I don't think Mafia would purposefully post incomplete thoughts like that out of risk for being called out.

Kirbystarship - Unsure on this. I understand the claim can be confirmed, but I don't like the circumstances needed to confirm it.

Brijade07 - Good effort in doing the research into past games, and generating talking points (albeit not points that have persisted very long). I can't help but having that doubt in my head though that this may be coached, so I'm keeping an eye on his posts. Weaker lean.

Uttumori - I forget that you're in the game sometimes, and that's not a good thing. You're slipping by far too easily, and I believe it needs a closer look in the future.

Arstotzkan - I will say that I don't believe in a Kat-Dolby team at this moment, but the willingness to flip votes so close to EoD strikes me as odd, especially when there was the potential to essentially blitz Zendel with hers and Kermit's votes switching at the last minute (literally). This is a fairly weak lean compared to others in my reads.

PandaDarling - She's asking good questions, and while she isn't necessarily getting answers, I think is a good starting point to understanding just what is going on in the game, and figuring out your own thoughts. It shows that she didn't have these thoughts beforehand.

KermitTea - I feel like if you're Town, then you're dead by Day Start anyway, since you essentially claimed blue when you were one of the primary lynch targets. You surviving actually does a lot of things to help Town, including (potentially) confirming Kirby, which I've been keeping in the back of my mind for some time now.

Apple2013 - I can't get any sort of read on him right now. He hasn't done too much to advance discussion, but hasn't done anything to really stand out versus anybody else, either.

Curry/Yzanda/Endless - Need more from all three of these guys. Wouldn't even say Null for any of them right now, more so "No Read."
I will point out that I do have 5 Scum-Leans right now, despite there being 4 Mafia. That's contingent on either one of Dolby or Kat being Mafia, since I don't believe those two are a team (as I stated in one of my reads above on them).

im female

also uhh there's 5 scum

Back