• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

So everybody's calling Kat confirmed based on her claim, but why? First and foremost, why would a Third-Party even counterclaim in this situation? It's foolish to do if you're not technically sided with either Town or Mafia. Kat admitted to being not Town, meaning we can't rely on Kat for anything moving forward. Either she's telling the truth about her claim (in which case her alignment is completely based on Byngo's), or she's lying and she's Mafia trying to get an easy out.

Not gonna outright say that Kat is lying, but we can't sit here and think we can count her toward Town strength. Honestly, I wouldn't even call Byngo a Town-Lock at this point, since there's so much uncertainty going into Kat's claim at this point.

I would treat this as if we only have one mislynch right now. Mislynching twice puts things at 9 players left, meaning if Byngo isn't Town, then Town loses on pure principle.

So everybody's calling Kat confirmed based on her claim, but why? First and foremost, why would a Third-Party even counterclaim in this situation? It's foolish to do if you're not technically sided with either Town or Mafia. Kat admitted to being not Town, meaning we can't rely on Kat for anything moving forward. Either she's telling the truth about her claim (in which case her alignment is completely based on Byngo's), or she's lying and she's Mafia trying to get an easy out.

Not gonna outright say that Kat is lying, but we can't sit here and think we can count her toward Town strength. Honestly, I wouldn't even call Byngo a Town-Lock at this point, since there's so much uncertainty going into Kat's claim at this point.

I would treat this as if we only have one mislynch right now. Mislynching twice puts things at 9 players left, meaning if Byngo isn't Town, then Town loses on pure principle.

Byngo is the jester and she wins when she loses.

Byngo is the jester and she wins when she loses.

Oh **** I didn't see that.

That puts both of them as definite non-Town, though at any rate Kat basically has to Town-side in order to win (assuming she's telling the truth, though I'm still a bit skeptical). If we mislynch twice then Mafia wins by getting a joint-victory after lynching Byngo.

Why focus on these claims? Surely there is enough people who haven't claimed that can be scum and as we sit with these claims there is opportunity for the fakes one to become apparent. I don't think anyone who has claimed so far seems sketchy at the moment... I'm more concerned with apples new scum slip, dolby's EoD scumminess, and uttumori's terribly null reads and coasting. I will most likely vote amongst these three today

My only gripe about Apple's case is that it is a pretty careless and idiotic move to slip like that and I would like to think that he would be smart enough as scum to check his posts before making them. Regardless though his initial response was not-town helpful at all and just distracts more and adds chaos

Dolby is trying to drive all these wagons and I can't help feel like he was trying to manipulate the votes at end of day. I don't know what his motives were, but he was late to voting qwerty and strong to vote others over her so it looks fishy.

Uttumori' reads after hours turned up horribly flat. I understand distractions, but that was just terrible. Other than that they have been coasting off their intial actually insightful posts. But it's easy to look insightful Day 1 tbh, so I want to see more of that today or I'm most likely going to vote for her.

Also gonna say this, we can't trust Byngo's claim to receiving Ayaya as town as alignment indicative towards Seroja since, if he are assuming she's jester, there's no way she's not gonna claim that Ayaya was town. If she did receive Ayaya town, she would've risks there being a second vig and shooting her during the night, and if she received Ayaya mafia and had pointed it out, she would've been locked as town. Byngo pretty much had to claim that Ayaya was town no matter what result she received

Also Toads, I never voted Qwerty, though I was fine with the lynch

- - - Post Merge - - -

And again, putting my priorities on getting the lynch off a claimed PR who can confirm himself is scummy? I'm aware that I didn't vote Qwerty and pretty much ran the counterwagon, but I had a higher priority there

Why focus on these claims? Surely there is enough people who haven't claimed that can be scum and as we sit with these claims there is opportunity for the fakes one to become apparent. I don't think anyone who has claimed so far seems sketchy at the moment... I'm more concerned with apples new scum slip, dolby's EoD scumminess, and uttumori's terribly null reads and coasting. I will most likely vote amongst these three today
Reason I bring it up is that Byngo is a guaranteed liability at this point and isn't going to help Town in any way (in fact, I would go as far as to disregard most, if not all the things he says at this point, since he's confirmed to side with Mafia due to the circumstances). Kat is potentially a liability who may side with Mafia (if Byngo is lying), or side with Town (if Byngo is telling the truth). It's too much of a swing for me to be comfortable with just saying that Kat will definitely Town-side.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ffs I keep calling Byngo "he" lol.

If she did receive Ayaya town, she would've risks there being a second vig and shooting her during the night

u dont get the inspect til end of day so im not sure what ur saying here

do you mean tomorrow night?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Reason I bring it up is that Byngo is a guaranteed liability at this point and isn't going to help Town in any way (in fact, I would go as far as to disregard most, if not all the things he says at this point, since he's confirmed to side with Mafia due to the circumstances). Kat is potentially a liability who may side with Mafia (if Byngo is lying), or side with Town (if Byngo is telling the truth). It's too much of a swing for me to be comfortable with just saying that Kat will definitely Town-side.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ffs I keep calling Byngo "he" lol.

or do u wanna disregard everything i say cuz I might've been onto some of ur scummates?

or do u wanna disregard everything i say cuz I might've been onto some of ur scummates?
No because you're literally confirmed non-Town sided, lying or not.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you are Jester = You have to side with Mafia.
If you aren't Jester = You're Mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I believe Dolby means that if you say Ayaya's mafia and then Ayaya flips town after her lynch, then vig would shoot you so you wouldn't risk saying Ayaya is mafia. Iirc Vig is one-shot though, so I wanna say that's a moot point, but idk timelines between you saying Ayaya was NS and Karen claiming Vig so it depends on that imo.

Also gonna say this, we can't trust Byngo's claim to receiving Ayaya as town as alignment indicative towards Seroja since, if he are assuming she's jester, there's no way she's not gonna claim that Ayaya was town. If she did receive Ayaya town, she would've risks there being a second vig and shooting her during the night, and if she received Ayaya mafia and had pointed it out, she would've been locked as town. Byngo pretty much had to claim that Ayaya was town no matter what result she received

Also Toads, I never voted Qwerty, though I was fine with the lynch

- - - Post Merge - - -

And again, putting my priorities on getting the lynch off a claimed PR who can confirm himself is scummy? I'm aware that I didn't vote Qwerty and pretty much ran the counterwagon, but I had a higher priority there

No it's not, but there's other ways to do it than saying vote Ayaya or Zendel. I think I at one point was saying just unvote, I get your stance but I disagree with the execution

No because you're literally confirmed non-Town sided, lying or not.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you are Jester = You have to side with Mafia.
If you aren't Jester = You're Mafia.

the only reason I'd side with maf is to get myself lynched, but obviously they aren't going to push a lynch on me cuz they'll look scummy as hell for trying to get me lynched. dunno why ur assuming id side with maf

the only reason I'd side with maf is to get myself lynched, but obviously they aren't going to push a lynch on me cuz they'll look scummy as hell for trying to get me lynched. dunno why ur assuming id side with maf
Because if we mislynch to the point where there's 9 people left, then Mafia just wins because all they have to do is lynch you, and you can easily sit and self-vote.

What I'm saying is, as jester, you'd have to say Ayaya returned town no matter her alignment

Because if we mislynch to the point where there's 9 people left, then Mafia just wins because all they have to do is lynch you, and you can easily sit and self-vote.

which is atleast 1 or 2 days in the future

No it's not, but there's other ways to do it than saying vote Ayaya or Zendel. I think I at one point was saying just unvote, I get your stance but I disagree with the execution

2/3 voters were offline (on Kirby), Cleb just disappeared, but I was urging him to invite at one point

- - - Post Merge - - -

I believe Dolby means that if you say Ayaya's mafia and then Ayaya flips town after her lynch, then vig would shoot you so you wouldn't risk saying Ayaya is mafia. Iirc Vig is one-shot though, so I wanna say that's a moot point, but idk timelines between you saying Ayaya was NS and Karen claiming Vig so it depends on that imo.

Karen had outted before Byngo, but the possibility of multiple vigs exist

Why did you even claim? Why didnt you just fake a scum slip or something so you'd be lynched anyway?

What I'm saying is, as jester, you'd have to say Ayaya returned town no matter her alignment

Whose to say byngo even got an oracle reading? Couldn't she just make the whole thing up? I mean you did say did anyone get an oracle reading?

I mean it's a gutsy move, but if you are going to bring up these 1 in a million scenarios, this one was on my mind

Exactly, so are you or are you not going to try and do all you can to force the game to this point?

I'd wait another day or two to judge if i want to side with maf. rn ur acting like maf has this game in the bag lol

Back