Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

I am, as a mafia player, incredibly fond of occam's razor, which is a belief that advises the selection of the simplest explanation when it's difficult to determine between that and other hypothesised explanations.

In this scenario, I find it quite difficult determine whether or not you were flipping off qwertie because he was your mafia buddy or not, and I believe the simplest explanation is that you did in fact flip off due to that reason. (And I'm not saying this because I haven't read your reasoning for flipping off, I'm saying it because I don't think your reasoning is all that strong.)

Of course, this means that I'm presently reading that facet as a scumtell. I don't think solely scumreading you off that is at all fair, because it's a minor tell if anything. I found your first post off, which I'll need to follow up on.

What you should be doing right now is providing your thoughts regarding other people - I'm not saying this to be condescending, or otherwise rude or to imply that you haven't done quite a bit of this in thread, just that your last 3 posts have been solely with regard to the push on you. The best defense is a good offense, as they say. If you're town, then there's quite a good chance that I and others will townread you off your play. But if you accidentally curl into a defensive ball (and I'm not saying that you are, I'm just cautioning against the possibility) then that's no beuno for both you and us.

My goal is and always has been to progress meaningful content, so what I'd tentatively request from you now Kat (and I realise this might seem a little counter productive, but bear with me) is to ignore the pushes on you with regard to the vote flip, and to just to provide content like you would regularly as an unpressured player. The reasoning for this is that you've provided your reasoning for what you did, and there's nothing really to be gained from presenting any more argument from your side in the matter. I'm likely to encourage other people to provide their opinion on the matter, but it's important that this shouldn't elicit a response or defense from you, otherwise you'll get locked in a cycle of defense and that'll hamper your other content. (Which is usually quite good) I've been in this scenario myself before, and it's grisly.

My read on you is, of course, subject to change, once I get the time to properly ISO you. You've got a lot of content - and that's a good thing.

Gave brief reads on my post merge, but I'll elaborate on them when I get time at work :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think that soft-slip on Trundle was a definite slip, so that's why him. Uttumori's given me terrible vibes all game and theyre not doing much, and I'll likely be making a case here on Dolby soon

Didn't see your post on me, will look. What are your thoughts on EoD yesterday then? If you said in your post then disregard, but Im curious

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I disagree, especially with there being 4 votes overkill. That makes no sense as a mafian

- - - Post Merge - - -

Misread your post rip.

Well to your "treat it seriously", I am. And I still think its bull****. Maybe its just because Im highkey pissed rn, if I'm going to be honest. I find it insulting that you think Im not treating it all seriously, and I'm annoyed at people who can't be assed to go back and read the answer to their own question.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yknow what, **** it, I'm Zircon. My target is Byngo.

Tbh at this point I figure claiming's better than not because I dont need to be alive to win - I just need Natty to stay alive, and I wanted to out that before I died. Oracle is free to confirm this if theyd like. Im prob overreacting but at this point idc I just like to play with my hand spread out.

Trundle/Uttumori/Dolby are my guesses for 3/4 remaining scum. Hard townread Cleb, townread Abe and Kirby, townread Bri, townread Zendel, townread Ayaya, townread Toads, slight scumread Panda and Curry, non-mafia read Karen (also I could have sworn we've played w/ eachother before). So I guess to sum up, I think scum team is Trundle, Uttu, Dolby, and then one out of Panda and Curry, though team balance makes me think Panda. Gonna ISO the two of them.

Unfortunately if this is a lie, the other third-party (like psychopath) wouldn't claim because there is literally no reason to. If mafia has safe claims this could be a pretty bold use of that.

Good game to all of you guys, you did really well!

Why was there 4 kills?

I'll look back on this thread after I'm more awake to see what is happening right now because the four kills is really upsetting and I'm baffled.

Then lynch me lmao, like I said, idc if I'm dead as long as Byngo's ok. But you're almost definitely scum youself so idk who you are to talk atm

Then lynch me lmao, like I said, idc if I'm dead as long as Byngo's ok. But you're almost definitely scum youself so idk who you are to talk atm

So you're saying because you think I'm scum, I shouldn't scum hunt others? Because I'm not, and you seem like you might be over reacting a bit, which I find pretty interesting. You realize the scum team is just gonna kill Byngo now for a 2-in-1 right? (Obviously doctor is appreciated in this case)

So you're saying because you think I'm scum, I shouldn't scum hunt others? Because I'm not, and you seem like you might be over reacting a bit, which I find pretty interesting. You realize the scum team is just gonna kill Byngo now for a 2-in-1 right? (Obviously doctor is appreciated in this case)
No bc if they do, mafia heed my words, I will stay alive just to kill you guys, since I get to choose if I stay alive or not at that point. To your first question; ok fair, but I mean you're pretty much lock scum imo.

Also you assume Byngo's town. Interesting :eyes:

No bc if they do, mafia heed my words, I will stay alive just to kill you guys, since I get to choose if I stay alive or not at that point. To your first question; ok fair, but I mean you're pretty much lock scum imo.

Also you assume Byngo's town. Interesting :eyes:

Presuming Byngo is mafia would be pretty stupid at this point. We are both fairly confident Byngo is town otherwise you wouldn't have outed, it would have drawn too much attention.

Doesn't say that in the role post at all. Just says win if Byngo isn't lynched, lose is Byngo is lynched, survivor if Byngo dies another means. If Kat wasn't 100% certain Byngo was town, outing her role would be the stupidest move she's ever made.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Inb4 "wow you could read this one right xD"

very interesting rng from hosts, for byngo to be chosen as kat's target and also for oracle to send the alignment to byngo. it would definitely be an uphill battle for us if byngo flips as maf.

- - - Post Merge - - -

so for now, i have these people locked in as town / non mafia:
myself
kirby (from un cc’d claim)
cleb (from qwerty’s post + posting style)
ayaya/seroja (from inspection — seroja replaced ayaya iirc)
byngo (from crazy rng + kat’s win cond)
kat (from un cc’d 3rd party claim)

i realize most of the list except myself are subject to change from unexpected situations. but for the sake of scum hunting, i’ll leave it like that for now.

this leaves us with: dolby, zendel, endless, toads, brijade, uttumori, curry, panda, and trundle.

i’ll rerank those names into most likely scum —> most likely town (often with very little degrees of difference between names):
dolby
trundle
curry
uttumori
panda
toads
brijade
endless

i think we could start out by analyzing posts from the top 4 names unless you guys have any other ideas

- - - Post Merge - - -

whoops i forgot zendel in the list -- put them between toads and brijade :>

oh wait misread trundle's post earlier, think I was seeing red lol - I thought you were flat out calling it a lie.

Out of curiosity Karen, why Dolby over Trundle? I agree Dolby's hella sus, but what about Trundle's soft?

Sweet, that's exactly what I wanted to see. The way kat cracked there makes me believe that there's almost no chance that she's lying. It was just overwhelmingly genuine.

Unlynchers could technically have their target be mafia, but I've never seen a host do, and for balance reasons it'd be pretty wacked to do it when we already have a 5 player mafia team in a 20 player game. I'm willing to believe Byngo is town, quite strongly. Consequently, that means that Ayaya is definitely not any mafia bar the possibility of godfather. We're ignoring that possibility until later because it's pointless to pursue a chance that small though.

This leaves a wildly large selection of people that I believe to be (quite strongly) town. Which is nothing short of fantastic.

I'll place my vote on Trundle at this point. The more I think about the proposed slip the more I believe that it'd be quite weird for him to assume they have an additional kill. The wording "May send in a strengthened kill" doesn't suggest anything about the kill being an additional kill, since mafia members each have to send in individual kills anyway.

oh wait misread trundle's post earlier, think I was seeing red lol - I thought you were flat out calling it a lie.

Out of curiosity Karen, why Dolby over Trundle? I agree Dolby's hella sus, but what about Trundle's soft?

it was only cause dolby was higher up in the player list so i put his name down then trundle's after cause i was too lazy to move it

they're both nearly on the same level for me

So Karen is vigilante = 1 kill + confirmed town.

Killing Power = 2 which = 2 kills

Kat has claimed Unlyncher which doesn't have any Killing Power, so the forth kill couldn't be from her less she is lying which is unlikely.

So that leaves us with the possibility that there could be a second vigilante or a strong man.

Are duplicate roles possible in this game?

@endless I agree... it would be absolutely horrid balancing if byngo flipped maf.

trundle slipped twice; one being the one you mentioned and the second one where he said ayaya was town in a response to kat on the last page (which he later backed up with reasoning, but if he flips maf, it's reasonable to assume it was a slip).

lynching trundle today may yield a lot of answers but i'm just wondering if there are any other better options i.e. do we have more evidence on someone else

i'll sleep on it and come back tmrw :>

- - - Post Merge - - -

@zendel i highly doubt it given that possible role names were given in the list of possible roles. but like if there are multiple role names, then there can be one person that has that name. if that makes sense.
i.e. there can be multiple townies but only one with the name steven universe

So Karen is vigilante = 1 kill + confirmed town.

Killing Power = 2 which = 2 kills

Kat has claimed Unlyncher which doesn't have any Killing Power, so the forth kill couldn't be from her less she is lying which is unlikely.

So that leaves us with the possibility that there could be a second vigilante or a strong man.

Are duplicate roles possible in this game?
Karen could technically be Psychopath, for what it's worth. Doesn't really solve the KP situation though (my guess is that its strongman though).

As for lynch, I'm betting Dolby's the mastermind of the mafia so I'm more inclined to want to go him but Trundle has more concrete evidence to warrant his. I'd be good with either, though.

Karen could technically be Psychopath, for what it's worth. Doesn't really solve the KP situation though (my guess is that its strongman though).

As for lynch, I'm betting Dolby's the mastermind of the mafia so I'm more inclined to want to go him but Trundle has more concrete evidence to warrant his. I'd be good with either, though.
I don't think there could be two third parties though, if duplicates are a thing I'll be open to the idea.

Actually the only other role that could kill would be jailer, however Sensai leaked info post death saying they didn't kill (iirc, not gonna go look for it on mobile). So if Kat is telling the truth then Strongarm is almost certain.

Good game to all of you guys, you did really well!

Why was there 4 kills?

I'll look back on this thread after I'm more awake to see what is happening right now because the four kills is really upsetting and I'm baffled.

What do you mean good game town lost 4 players. That isn't good.

Back