• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

I think maybe you think your town leader or something, it looks like your using that "role" by pushing your agenda and telling people to do this and do that. I also don't think you are considering the possibility that you are wrong which is dangerous for town, I hope you consider this more because it could put us in a tight situation. If you change your mind so often I don't see why town should trust you or listen to you as much because changing your vote, opinion and thought process shows little merit in your opinions and theories. That's just an observation of mine right now, please don't be annoyed with me about this.
I've changed you reads on more than half a dozen players over the course of day 1, so yes, I am considering the possibility that I'm wrong in general. Saying that I'm not considering the possibility that I'm wrong irks me with saying this in the same paragraph.
If you change your mind so often I don't see why town should trust you or listen to you as much because changing your vote, opinion and thought process shows little merit in your opinions and theories.

So, I'm not accepting the possibility I'm wrong throughout the whole day, and I shouldn't be changing my reads so much. Great, 10/10 logic.

At the time of my vote I didn't realize you had made arguments against Ayaya, I would've definitely responded to them if I had.
At the time of the vote, I hadn't made any unique points, exempting following up with Cleb on Ayaya's reads list. But the fact of the matter is that you essentially ignored it and went straight on a Kirby vote after his almost as bad reads list.

Ignored them? I didn't notice them Dolby, there's a difference and it seems as though your using this to make your theory more plausible.

There is a difference yes, but I would have no way to know which it is, and I'm not taking your word on it. Moreover, you had a full three hours between your vote and Ayaya's reads. You were less likely to miss Kirby's yes, but there was more than enough time to read through the thread and come up with the same reasons against Ayaya.

Gee, seems like you scumleaning me here, for a poor reason to.

You haven't made a case on me so why should anybody believe anything you say? You haven't went into depth about me at all, most of your posts are you talking about Ayaya but not me. You just add me in because your trying to make another argument against me to get me lynched, I already had heat on me before hand and if you were to try to lynch me before hand for my tone (A laughable reason to lynch someone, btw) it would catch people's attention. So a new argument would be in order, right? You were pushing for an Ayaya lynch and when people didn't do what you told them to do you went on the bandwagon. I have never played with Ayaya before but I can tell that she is a better player than me and if you want her lynched more than me then I think there's a problem, which I will address later in this post.

First sentence is fair, but is disregarding everything I say at all. Tone is not a laughable reason to lynch someone, and I find it fairly accurate. And you don't want Ayaya lynched, not because she's scummy, but because she is a better player than you. That's just bad. I was pushing both of you for the SAME GOD DAMN REASON FOR 6 HOURS. How many times do I have to explain this.

Also I was inactive during this entire thing, I couldn't defend myself at all which is utterly unfair and it is clear that you took advantage of that to take the role of town leader and share your theory while making jabs at me.

Part of the reason I wanted Ayaya first is because you left and made it clear that you wouldn't be around to defend yourself, while Ayaya made the issue ambiguous. If you seriously think that I would delibrately take advantage of inactive players who would be gone at EoD, I want you to reevaluate how you think of me.

I know this sounds crazy, especially because Ayaya and Dolby are my strongest town reads but I'm actually considering the fact that they may be a scum team but I don't know why they would want to take me out? Is it because I'm a weaker player and struggle to defend myself or they think I have a blue role? I think I will try to make a case on it later, it's an idea that popped into my head but I don't think it's plausible right now.

"Dolby and Ayaya are my strongest townreads". Half this post is throwing shade at me, and I spent 5 of the last 6 hours trying to get Ayaya lynched, only backing off when it became clear that it would be a wasted vote. How are we scum together?

@Sensai
1. He, PST
2. decently, but if it doesn't work, I'll go ape**** (read my reaction to the case against Glow in AoT) and tear it apart
3. Being the constant presence that everyone is paranoid is scum
4. Already stated
5. Arstotzkan, Arstotzkan, and Arstotzkan(using name or GLORIOUS nation to sneak in while they are Kolechian scum)

Would like to note that Ayaya and Zendal are throwing shade at me for scumreading them, and Ayaya didn't even provide new reads last night, instead just defending herself, then throwing shade at me.

Current reads

Town
Cleb-Qwerty wouldn't through shade at him for the RQS if they were scum together
Kirby-Claim is confirmable. Honestly don't see him as devious or motivated enough to sacrifice himself to out one blue
Byngo-Good effort for them. Started EoD Qwerty wagon (kinda void if Zendal is scum though)
Brijade-Stated this more than enough times
Toads-Town tone compared to prior scum games. Actively involved

Townlean
Panda-Been townleaning for awhile. Tone is similar to town games and finally got the maj off of Kirby
Mogyay-Vote was forced, but pretty much brought Qwerty above Zendal, townlean for that
Kermit-Gonna trust the blue claim
Heyden-Don't know what to write here. More gut than anything tbh

Null
Yzanda-Where you at? Also want more from you, but I can't get a read
Arstotzkan-Don't know what to think here, on one hand led the Qwerty vote, on the other backed off of it. Moreover, don't like their reaction to my list of three
Uttumori-Was initially feeling town, not so sure anymore

Want more from (slight scum lean)
Curry-where you at
Endless-Purely because you just replaced in

Utterly Confusing (weird)
Apple-He was pretty stead fast for the Zendal lynch, and I've been feeling uneasy about you for most of the game. Then you go vote Qwerty. Can't tell if town for that or scum.

Scum
Zendal
Ayaya

Staying with those two

@Sensai

Would like to note that Ayaya and Zendal are throwing shade at me for scumreading them, and Ayaya didn't even provide new reads last night, instead just defending herself, then throwing shade at me.

Ah, I didn't see your RQS, thank you for quoting it.

I would be curious to know why someone would scum read me too, so I don't blame them too much. I need to read up on Ayaya, I haven't seen much of them nor have I had the time to fully analyze people.

Okay, so I have new info that I didn't have during the Day, and I can see the circumstances in which Kirby is easy Town. I was under the impression that someone would only be notified if they were blocked by using their action, which isn't the case, per f11. Whoever Kirby blocks is notified regardless of if they used an action or not, so the claim is pretty much impossible to fake. Im so used to blockers only actually blocking if an action is taken that I didn't think of this, so apologies for my adamant attitude toward not believing Kirby's claim.

Only part of my reads that this changes is Kirby going from Null to Likely Town, though. Everything else is still the same.

7 hours and 20 minutes to go, make sure to send your actions to me! i mean you could send actions to Jacob but I'm cooler so..

@Endless I do agree that some of the 700 posts on day1 was just clogging the thread. How ever I do think 700 posts on day1 on TBT is usual if it is a large game.

I'm trying to not post a lot because I don't want to give mafia any sign of who I might block at night.

I don't think we should post are reads at night.

Okay, so I have new info that I didn't have during the Day, and I can see the circumstances in which Kirby is easy Town. I was under the impression that someone would only be notified if they were blocked by using their action, which isn't the case, per f11. Whoever Kirby blocks is notified regardless of if they used an action or not, so the claim is pretty much impossible to fake. Im so used to blockers only actually blocking if an action is taken that I didn't think of this, so apologies for my adamant attitude toward not believing Kirby's claim.

Only part of my reads that this changes is Kirby going from Null to Likely Town, though. Everything else is still the same.

Okay, now that I have clarification, I'm less likely to be suspicious. There's no need to apologise for the attitude :)

@Endless I do agree that some of the 700 posts on day1 was just clogging the thread. How ever I do think 700 posts on day1 on TBT is usual if it is a large game.

I'm trying to not post a lot because I don't want to give mafia any sign of who I might block at night.

I don't think you should be blocking tonight imo, plus you could probably just say who you're blocking considering they have nothing to stop you from it anyway

I don't think you should be blocking tonight imo, plus you could probably just say who you're blocking considering they have nothing to stop you from it anyway

No, he shouldn't, unless he doesn't block at all. Blocking confirms him, and saying who he will block might change mafia actions if he's on maf

No, he shouldn't, unless he doesn't block at all. Blocking confirms him, and saying who he will block might change mafia actions if he's on maf
So he get's a failed roleblock notification if he rb's a townie?
jokes on u when he rb's successful bodyguard save

New clarification from f11; if no action is sent, no notification is given. Meaning a blue would still have to out in order to confirm Kirby.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So basically, my original opinion stands again.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why not, though?

you guys, i just spent an hour on a reads list and then accidentally closed the tab.... i'm going to cry

you guys, i just spent an hour on a reads list and then accidentally closed the tab.... i'm going to cry
Isn't auto-save a thing that you can just bring most, if not all of the post back? Or am I thinking of another forum?

Isn't auto-save a thing that you can just bring most, if not all of the post back? Or am I thinking of another forum?

it only brought back one sentence, unfortunately. should i start over and just do a super condensed version or do you guys even think its worth it to post my reads during night?

it only brought back one sentence, unfortunately. should i start over and just do a super condensed version or do you guys even think its worth it to post my reads during night?
Just condense it but extend on your scum leans/reads more I guess, up to really.

- - - Post Merge - - -

up to you*

I've changed you reads on more than half a dozen players over the course of day 1, so yes, I am considering the possibility that I'm wrong in general. Saying that I'm not considering the possibility that I'm wrong irks me with saying this in the same paragraph.

So, I'm not accepting the possibility I'm wrong throughout the whole day, and I shouldn't be changing my reads so much. Great, 10/10 logic.

At the time of the vote, I hadn't made any unique points, exempting following up with Cleb on Ayaya's reads list. But the fact of the matter is that you essentially ignored it and went straight on a Kirby vote after his almost as bad reads list.

There is a difference yes, but I would have no way to know which it is, and I'm not taking your word on it. Moreover, you had a full three hours between your vote and Ayaya's reads. You were less likely to miss Kirby's yes, but there was more than enough time to read through the thread and come up with the same reasons against Ayaya.

Gee, seems like you scumleaning me here, for a poor reason to.

First sentence is fair, but is disregarding everything I say at all. Tone is not a laughable reason to lynch someone, and I find it fairly accurate. And you don't want Ayaya lynched, not because she's scummy, but because she is a better player than you. That's just bad. I was pushing both of you for the SAME GOD DAMN REASON FOR 6 HOURS. How many times do I have to explain this.

Part of the reason I wanted Ayaya first is because you left and made it clear that you wouldn't be around to defend yourself, while Ayaya made the issue ambiguous. If you seriously think that I would delibrately take advantage of inactive players who would be gone at EoD, I want you to reevaluate how you think of me.

"Dolby and Ayaya are my strongest townreads". Half this post is throwing shade at me, and I spent 5 of the last 6 hours trying to get Ayaya lynched, only backing off when it became clear that it would be a wasted vote. How are we scum together?

@Sensai

Current reads

Town
Cleb-Qwerty wouldn't through shade at him for the RQS if they were scum together
Kirby-Claim is confirmable. Honestly don't see him as devious or motivated enough to sacrifice himself to out one blue
Byngo-Good effort for them. Started EoD Qwerty wagon (kinda void if Zendal is scum though)
Brijade-Stated this more than enough times
Toads-Town tone compared to prior scum games. Actively involved

Townlean
Panda-Been townleaning for awhile. Tone is similar to town games and finally got the maj off of Kirby
Mogyay-Vote was forced, but pretty much brought Qwerty above Zendal, townlean for that
Kermit-Gonna trust the blue claim
Heyden-Don't know what to write here. More gut than anything tbh

Null
Yzanda-Where you at? Also want more from you, but I can't get a read
Arstotzkan-Don't know what to think here, on one hand led the Qwerty vote, on the other backed off of it. Moreover, don't like their reaction to my list of three
Uttumori-Was initially feeling town, not so sure anymore

Want more from (slight scum lean)
Curry-where you at
Endless-Purely because you just replaced in

Utterly Confusing (weird)
Apple-He was pretty stead fast for the Zendal lynch, and I've been feeling uneasy about you for most of the game. Then you go vote Qwerty. Can't tell if town for that or scum.

Scum
Zendal
Ayaya

Staying with those two

@ 1st & 2nd Paragraph: My logic isn't always the best and I'm just sharing my thoughts. I'm town reading you and I'm scum reading at the same time so my points may not be the best or just flat out jumbled. The logic isn't strong looking back on it now.

@ 3rd & 4th Paragraph: You know what that's fair, I'll keep that noted for next time. Kirby's read list isn't why I voted for him, his consistent reluctance to share his opinion was and voting for someone was better than nothing. I didn't feel the same thing from Ayaya, I'll have to look at her posts more to see where you're getting at and see if I agree. My reads were kinda messed up at the point as well, I wanted to vote for someone and my thoughts on Kirby didn't change.

@ 5th Paragraph: I don't want Ayaya lynched because I don't share your view about her, I feel like a lynch on me would put Ayaya in the clear and because she is a better player than me who I thought could help us more. I'm not really doing great at the moment because all I'm really doing is defending myself, like the last game. Calm down a bit, so you were pushing a player who wasn't there and Ayaya was absent for a few of those hours that's why I felt like you were taking advantage of our inactivity. Our opinions differ on tone so I'm just going to respect your opinion, because there isn't much to argue about there.

@ 6th Paragraph: I'll take your word for it then.

@ 7th Paragraph: It was a theory for why you are so fixated on me and why you left Ayaya alone later on, I felt like you were using Ayaya to get me lynched rather than her. Reverse psychology, you say you want Ayaya lynched more and you're using all these points against her to make your fixation on her more believable but in reality you want me lynched while also barely making any points against me to make your fixation less notable. It is a theory but it is flawed because I don't see why you put your self in that situation if she flipped green, so that's why I'm still town leaning you.

I don't think I've played with you as scum before (please post if there is any) and I wouldn't know what to expect so I'm thinking about a few possibilities because I feel like you would know what you're doing in any circumstance.

Have you ever played with Ayaya as scum and town? I've never played with her before so I don't know if this is how she usually plays, she started out strong and now she's not really here anymore after you've started questioning her, which is really sus.

I'm still town leaning you, the amount of effort you've put into this game is appreciated but I feel sus of you're pushiness of me and Ayaya, although I feel like Ayaya could be a part of it as explained by my theory but I'm not going into it because it seems to be a flawed theory.

I'll be reading over the thread again, I clearly haven't done a good job of it and I will be posting a reads list soon? Does anyone object to reads lists at night?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know why you wouldn't expect a negative reaction from us considering how you pushed us when we weren't even there, that's what I'm bothered by.

New clarification from f11; if no action is sent, no notification is given. Meaning a blue would still have to out in order to confirm Kirby.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So basically, my original opinion stands again.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why not, though?

Because we don't need to give mafia more info at night. And mafia could just be basing the kills on are reads.

Because we don't need to give mafia more info at night. And mafia could just be basing the kills on are reads.
Then what's stopping Mafia from basing their actions on reads given during Day?

If anything, Night reads are objectively better than Day reads, since it gives Mafia less time to determine actions based on the reads in question. They'll be planning around them regardless of when they're given, and we can't stop that.

i'm screaming in frustration please know that - if anyone wants more info just ask, i'm just not typing it all out again lol
i was already feeling incompetent compared to everyone else yikes. forgive me if this sucks lol

town:
cleb - qwerty's questioning didn't seem like bussing to me at all. cleb is definitely genuinely town
byngo - seems like byngo keeps his posts pretty minimal regardless of his role so i see no reason for suspicion here

slight town:
sensai - again, town newbie
mog - seems honest to me. in the game i've read where she was scum, her attitude was more aloof, less emotional, actually. that's not to say people can't change but as of right now i don't have much else to go by
kirby - i also don't believe kirby's motivated enough to fake role claim. i'm like, 80% confident in his blue role claim
zendel - i'm sticking to my guns on this and hoping it doesn't come back to bite me. (no offense zen not attacking your personality) seems like zen's tone/the amount of posts he makes makes it easy to scum read him but i'm trying to use some better judgment than that
toads - seems like normal helpful town toads as of rn

town/null:
dolby - yo, last night was weird. however, with the um, bold statements like "flip back to zendel now. all of you" i think he was just pushing his agenda in order to get a consensus. the way he went about it was off, but...
panda - hasn't exactly given us anything conclusive, especially with the "i don't want to lynch an inactive player but i don't know who to lynch" thing, but regardless, like endless said, she doesn't seem to be opportunistic for mafia. pretty genuine
heyden - i'd like to see something a little more substantial from him as well but as of right now he's not high on my list of suspicious people at all
karen - this post is making sense to me:
wow I did not expect that...we got lucky I guess

and @toad yeah I see where you're coming from but here:
I had my vote on mogs and like 15 mins to make a decision without fully reading the thread
I would've kept it on mogs but Dolby kept saying he pushed for zendel/ayaya for 6 hours and blahblahblah
In the case that qwerty flipped town, Dolby would have even more control over future lynches, so I figured my vote would be better off letting Dolby have his way for a day and seeing where he actually stands...and now that qwerty flipped scum, it's also good that Dolby is kept in check
but i'm not completely sold

null:
apple - i can't read this dude, at least not as of right now. anybody else have thoughts ??

null/mafia:
kat - this is super not-productive but i get a bad feeling from them and that's basically the extent of it... i'll update this one as soon as i find more basis in my opinion

slight mafia:
curry - may just be that he's busy/uninterested in the game but i'm getting a feeling that he's being quiet for a reason. it's probably a combination of the two tbh

mafia:
ayaya - that reads list... the discrepancies/contradictions were as sketchy as the amount of nulls. and she never came back to explain or revise it. plus she hasn't had much to say about uttumori, which could confirm my suspicion that they're on a team together
uttumori - seems to be coasting

not including endless because they're too new and yzanda because obviously

Back