Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

Picked up some new tricks from Mafia Champs that I wanna try out. Posts from me will be a lot different for this game. :p

bro it says 5 mafia remaining, KP 2
Makes me believe that whatever Third-Party roles do exist in the game, they're going to end up Town-sided. 5 Mafia in a 20-player game is huge, especially with 2 KP. Lynches need to be accurate very quickly in order for Town to have a good shot at winning this.

1. What are your preferred pronouns and timezone?

2. How do you react to people attacking you?

3. What will you be known for in this game?

4. What do you think the town to mafia to 3rd party ratio is?

5. Name the scum team, go.
1) I'm a male, and reside in the EDT timezone.

2) Depends on if I'm getting people to attack me on purpose or not, and what they're attacking me for. I couldn't tell you that.

3) Good question.

4) As stated above, I think it's 15-5, even if Third-Party roles exist. Any of them should be Town-sided with five Mafia in the game.

5) I'm not one for just throwing names around, so no.

Though I'd like to ask, Heyden, why those specific five?

@Uttumori: Same goes for you. You and Heyden agreed early on both Panda and Kermit, so what's your reasoning?

In fact, I want to ask everyone who's answered Question 5 to give their reasoning as to why they picked those specific names. If it seems like it's all just "oh hey I'm just guessing" then asking that question in the first place is pretty pointless.

sorry kirb, I'm not trying to roast you or anything, I just wanted to answer the question
Why is answering that question so important?

Reading past games didn't give me anything besides a slight indication that Heyden is town so far. Research into Kirby was fairly inconclusive, as said behavior only occured once. And yeah, as Heyden and Toads said, Kirby's behavior is really hard to shift between.
People can easily change the way they play and get better at emulating their Town style as Mafia. I see everyone as null right now, judging by where I'm currently at in the thread.

Also, if anyone gets told a player's alignment through an oracle specifically they should reveal to the thread who and what they returned as. I think that if we have a town RBer as well, they should probably withhold for the first night
Depends on how Today goes. It's far too early to tell someone to withhold their action.

Description says it can block kills though?

Still, blocking would be a high risk play which is more likely to impede town
Like I stated just above, it depends on what people do Today. If someone gives off serious Mafia-reads all around but isn't lynched, then why shouldn't a Town Role-Blocker block them by Night?

Sensai smashes the screen

- - - Post Merge - - -

Reading through and seen this so I might aswell answer.

Him/he and its BST
I will do my absolute best to defend myself but if its not worth the fight, then just leave it
Just Sensai will do
No idea what that means
Uttumori, Heyden, Apple, Uttumori and did I say Uttumori?
There's been at least a little bit going on before you made this post, so what makes you so sure on Uttumori?

I was about to scum read you because there has been a significant difference in your playstyle this game, you usually do wacky things such as pointing the finger at people for reactions and voting in the vote thread for reactions. You haven't started any conversations either, you are usually the one to initiate the conversations so you aren't sitting right with me right now.

But life gets the better of us and I understand, however I still have my eye on you. I look forward to what you have to say when you come back. :)
Everybody changes their play-style at some point (personally I'm getting bored of my normal play-style myself), so why say this based on this change alone?

That's because I literally haven't been on. Zendel is my #1 scum read.
Is this because he was quick to cast suspicion onto you for no apparent reason, or is there more to it than that?

*sigh*

Did you not see the second part? Where I said I understand that life gets the better of us? Meaning I understand that you were asleep and you are busy.

I also said I was ABOUT to scum read but given your explanation I no longer do.
To be fair, you did cast suspicion onto him with that post. The reaction is a bit rash so early into the game, but I can see where he's coming from.

AST (1 hour past EST) and male
I usually ignore it if they're a player I think sucks, and if it's someone who I think is town I panic in the back of my mind thinking that maybe my whole read list is completely wrong.
My big balls
Probably one 3rd party that wins with town, and we know everything else
Zendel, Mogyay, Heyden, SensaiGallade, Ashvenn

My only actual scum read so far is Zendel, everyone else is just pulled from my rooty tooty butthole.

Town Reads:
Arstotzkan
Ayaya
Kirby
(as much as I hate the play style, it matches up with old town games of his)

- - - Post Merge - - -

getting town feels from hayden and dolby

i see these as town tells tbh. maf would already be aware of their numbers without having to notice it being stated 5 exist

kirbys kinda townish

null on everyone else

You don't think a mafia would fake it? I'm pretty sure most town players would avoid that if possible to avoid suspicion on them. It seems like such an obvious mistake that only a scum would intentionally do it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is this because he was quick to cast suspicion onto you for no apparent reason, or is there more to it than that?

Look at the post wording. Overly wordy and and bolstering points that Zendel themselves nulls out with the end of a paragraph. Zendel did not post like that as town at all, possible you were too busy being AFK as scum last game to notice. (post #289)

Look at the post wording. Overly wordy and and bolstering points that Zendel themselves nulls out with the end of a paragraph. Zendel did not post like that as town at all, possible you were too busy being AFK as scum last game to notice. (post #289)
I may have been less active last game, but I did read every post. What makes you think that I didn't?

As for the point itself, I'm not going to go so low as to compare peoples' past games to determine their alignment. I dislike the idea very much and won't buy into it.

I may have been less active last game, but I did read every post. What makes you think that I didn't?

As for the point itself, I'm not going to go so low as to compare peoples' past games to determine their alignment. I dislike the idea very much and won't buy into it.

Fair enough but that doesn't change the fact that the post is overly wordy and is largely filler.

Everybody changes their play-style at some point (personally I'm getting bored of my normal play-style myself), so why say this based on this change alone?

To be fair, you did cast suspicion onto him with that post. The reaction is a bit rash so early into the game, but I can see where he's coming from.

1. I'm aware that people try to change their playstyle to better themselves but he didn't try to change it in the other games I played with him and my suspicions on him are now mute as he has explained that he was asleep and busy, which I understand.

2. No apparent reason? There was reasoning, it just wasn't the best reasoning and to be frank we haven't really got that much from anyone so far, so I cant really give much solid reasoning for scum reading anyone.

3. Yes it is fair and his reaction is nothing new so I don't mind.

--

Nobody is standing out much right now but I will read over the thread and post a reads list if I find anything.

1. I'm aware that people try to change their playstyle to better themselves but he didn't try to change it in the other games I played with him and my suspicions on him are now mute as he has explained that he was asleep and busy, which I understand.
...but he essentially said the same thing in his first post, and you still cast suspicion onto him for it. Why the sudden flip?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also the second part you responded to was directed to Apple, not you.

Makes me believe that whatever Third-Party roles do exist in the game, they're going to end up Town-sided. 5 Mafia in a 20-player game is huge, especially with 2 KP. Lynches need to be accurate very quickly in order for Town to have a good shot at winning this.

Crys confirmed that thirds don't count towards town's numbers. Unlyncher and psychopath don't directly impede us and probably won't intentionally hurt town, but both probably will side with scum come LYLO. A jester would be actively trying to get themselves lynched here. The only third that would be working actively to help town would be unlyncher, and there's the chance that they got mafia their target (if they exist). Disagree that thirds would side with town in general here.

Depends on how Today goes. It's far too early to tell someone to withhold their action.

Like I stated just above, it depends on what people do Today. If someone gives off serious Mafia-reads all around but isn't lynched, then why shouldn't a Town Role-Blocker block them by Night

The first time I read through it, I did skip over the fact that it can block kills, but maf will be sending in their most townread member for the kills likely (with the exception of a strongarm kill), and if they withhold tonight, we're more likely to get information like if there is a blackmailer or a vote thief for example

@Qwerty111 Do you have any thoughts on the game so far? I see you lurking.

Was reading the posts, then i went out shopping, sorry! And no, not really. I don't see anything sus-y

I'm a girl so she/her. And timezone is GMT+1 (BST)

In the past, really badly. Kinda shouty and stuff. But I do this as any alignment so. I'm hoping I can take pressure better this time :D

No clue really.

toad, panda, dolby, apple and kirby.
those aren't actually reads though

...but he essentially said the same thing in his first post, and you still cast suspicion onto him for it. Why the sudden flip?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also the second part you responded to was directed to Apple, not you.

I think you misunderstood my post. In the first paragraph of my post directed at Apple I was saying that I originally found it to be weird that he wasn't posting the stuff you would expect to come from him I wasn't casting suspicion on him as it was my original thought but it no longer was my current thought at the time of posting my reply to him, he then explained he was asleep and busy to which I replied that I understood him and I would've scum read him if he hadn't posted that explanation. However I'm still on the fence about him, like I am with everyone else.

I wasn't trying to cast the suspicion on him as he already explained why he was absent, sorry if it came off in that way.

I should have worded it better and I'm confusing myself now, sorry for the confusion. I really should have worded that post better.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh crap I forgot about that!

Well thank god that I reminded you.

I want Sensei to respond to whoever it was who asked why they were scumreading Uttumori (if it was just memes, it's fine lol, but if it's a real read, I want an explanation)

Hello, I'll read back through the thread for revision :)

Don't like that Yzanda dropped only this post

- - - Post Merge - - -

Trundle, why are you scumreading Zendal and not Kermit for their interaction and sus on you. Moreover, Zendal never said they had a sus on you before your post and was merely commenting on your inactivity

Current Town Pile
Heyden
Byngo
Brijade

Weird Aspects but probably noobish
Yzanda
Sensei

Need to Post
Curry
Ashvenn

I could see a Trundle/Kermit team based on his disportionate reaction to Zendal compared with Kermit, but maybe it's just my perspective with the timings

I have awoken, luckily for me there was not that much to sift through!

@Uttumori: Same goes for you. You and Heyden agreed early on both Panda and Kermit, so what's your reasoning?

Why is answering that question so important?

Well first of all, i didnt even mention kermit in that rqs question, here is my actual answer to it since you obviously got it a bit messed up:
toad, kirby, zen, byngo, panda?
as for panda, thats just a coinkydink if anything.

also, why NOT answer the question? I wasnt just gonna answer "oh, idk teehee!"

@cleb, i did think hard about answering that question but i came to the conclusion that after so many first day mislynches the most important thing we can all do is generate some meaningful discussion among us, of course none of us know the scum team but is it really detrimental to guess five people and see where the discussion can take us? you not answering the question just makes me think you're trying to avoid any conflict and i wonder why

I want Sensei to respond to whoever it was who asked why they were scumreading Uttumori (if it was just memes, it's fine lol, but if it's a real read, I want an explanation)

Lol I'm not suspicious of anyone right now too much. I just couldn't think of anyone else to be susp of so I put uttumori on 3 times.

I want to know what you mean by weird aspects though, and why my name is on the list

Lol I'm not suspicious of anyone right now too much. I just couldn't think of anyone else to be susp of so I put uttumori on 3 times.

I want to know what you mean by weird aspects though, and why my name is on the list

It was you putting Uttumori on the list three times, so I thought it was a serious read (me three times on Arstotzkan was a joke ftr)

What up fam. Let's play some mafia!

He, US eastern.

I tend to be aggressive back which can come off as being a dick sometimes, I'm hoping to improve that.

Quiet Curry who makes walls of texts probably.

5-1/2-13-14. Expecting 2 neutrals with one being Unlyncher probably, since they probably have their target as town with a 5 man mafia I would guess.

Zendel, toads, mog, SensaiGallade, Ashven.

Few things:
-KermitTea is Karen, yeah?

-Zendel why do you seem so on edge tone wise? Your whole RQS post felt like you didn't wanna say the wrong words to attract suspicion especially with the "I'm usually ignored" line.

-Who is all a first timer just so I can get a feel?

In fact, I want to ask everyone who's answered Question 5 to give their reasoning as to why they picked those specific names. If it seems like it's all just "oh hey I'm just guessing" then asking that question in the first place is pretty pointless.

best reasoning i can give you is that my choices were based on balance. I expect atleast 1 or 2 experienced players, mixed with some decent and low lvl players

You don't think a mafia would fake it? I'm pretty sure most town players would avoid that if possible to avoid suspicion on them. It seems like such an obvious mistake that only a scum would intentionally do it.

i don't see what scum would gain from speculating about their own numbers, and it's not a play I see coming from scum Dolby. on the other hand, I'm not totes sure about hayden now

It was you putting Uttumori on the list three times, so I thought it was a serious read (me three times on Arstotzkan was a joke ftr)
Kolech scum putting suspicion on pure Arstotzkan.
/vote EZIC Kolech terrorist

All jokes aside, Cleb, can you link your championship game on MU?

As for the question regarding why I chose who I chose for #5, I explained everyone in my post except Apple, and that's because no one else stood out to me particularly as scum so he was one of the people who hadn't posted (ninja'd by his post). And as for the usefulness for this question, I'm gonna wait for other people to answer your question to elaborate, but I completely disagree that the question is pointless even if everyone says "idk".

also i just looked at the list of possible roles (whoops prob shouldve done that earlier) and woah look at this one

Mafia:

• Two Shot Blackmailer
    • You are Yellow Diamond, the two shot blackmailer. You have information on everybody and aren?t afraid to play dirty. Twice a game, each night you can send in a blackmail, silencing a player for day.

so if this role exists we can only rely on the "active" factor today cause from here on out there may be town peeps that are silenced

this stuck out to me while reading the thread. it feels forced and it reads to me like "look! I'm contributing!" cuz im pretty sure most people already know what she pointed out

What up fam. Let's play some mafia!

He, US eastern.

I tend to be aggressive back which can come off as being a dick sometimes, I'm hoping to improve that.

Quiet Curry who makes walls of texts probably.

5-1/2-13-14. Expecting 2 neutrals with one being Unlyncher probably, since they probably have their target as town with a 5 man mafia I would guess.

Zendel, toads, mog, SensaiGallade, Ashven.

Few things:
-KermitTea is Karen, yeah?

-Zendel why do you seem so on edge tone wise? Your whole RQS post felt like you didn't wanna say the wrong words to attract suspicion especially with the "I'm usually ignored" line.

-Who is all a first timer just so I can get a feel?

I'm not, that's how I usually act and it is true that I am usually ignored when I try to make a point, although this game is contradicting that point.

Back