• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

On the bolded sentence, did you come to that conclusion yourself, or are you agreeing with what people have said?

If it's the first reason, since you mentioned this is your first game, do you have an experience playing mafia somewhere before?

Since I feel like "someone in the mafia would have been a little too careful for a mix-up like this" implies you have played as a mafia before and know how they would act like.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*not first reason but first answer I guess

i did come to that conclusion myself. it is my first game (to answer your other question), so i'm not trying to sheep, there's no fun in that
i was just using (trying to use?) deductive reasoning, i mean, it makes sense that you'd have to be more careful playing mafia in order to conceal your identity. that's kinda the idea

Hi guys so sorry for not being here for the first few hours if the game. I was asleep as it was very late. I haven't read the thread yet so I will catch ASAP! :D

1. What are your preferred pronouns and timezone?

Male pronouns and my timezone is GMT. :blush:

2. How do you react to people attacking you?

If you read the Paper Mario game or the Overwtach game you will see I react badly to it, but in my defence I was a noob in the Overwatch game and I had a terrible week during the Paper Mario game. I was sick, emotionally drained and careless in the game itself so I did terrible and I'm disappointed in myself for failing my team. So hopefully if I find myself in that situation again I will handle it in a better way which doesn't effect how the game plays out for town.

3. What will you be known for in this game?

I'm usually ignored but I will try my best to contribute to the best of my ability! :D

4. What do you think the town to mafia to 3rd party ratio is?

When I was setting up my game I got advice from Tina about balancing the game, she said that it's 1 mafia per 5 town players. So I would guess 4 or possibly 5 mafia, 1 third party and the rest are town.

5. Name the scum team, go.

I would guess: Toad, Kirby, Ashvenn, Trundle & Uttumori based on nothing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And just like I made a mistake... " I haven't read the thread yet so I will catch up ASAP!"

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow, I can't type well at all in the morning. Sorry for all the errors!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol, I missed the intro/day 1 post that said there was 5 mafia.

And the KP is 2? So we will be losing two players per night, oh dear god!

okay so im going to scum lean trundle bcuz when he's town he's like usually in here asap trying to figure out stuff but him being so quiet is sorta sus

- - - Post Merge - - -

also we have not heard from the following: xCleb, mogyay, yzanda, ashvenn, curry, arstotzkan, querty111, apple2013 (pls correct me if i'm wrong)
get in here peeps

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i just looked at the list of possible roles (whoops prob shouldve done that earlier) and woah look at this one

Mafia:

• Two Shot Blackmailer
    • You are Yellow Diamond, the two shot blackmailer. You have information on everybody and aren?t afraid to play dirty. Twice a game, each night you can send in a blackmail, silencing a player for day.

so if this role exists we can only rely on the "active" factor today cause from here on out there may be town peeps that are silenced

Okay, so from what've gathered Kirby usually avoids questions no matter what his alignment may be? That makes reading him very difficult.

A little bit of advice because apparently you're "bad at guessing". Try, it doesn't matter if you're wrong because it is helpful in any circumstance. It shows that you care and are willing to cooperate, so please don't doubt yourself and please don't be a silly goose about it either. Haha! :D

i did come to that conclusion myself. it is my first game (to answer your other question), so i'm not trying to sheep, there's no fun in that
i was just using (trying to use?) deductive reasoning, i mean, it makes sense that you'd have to be more careful playing mafia in order to conceal your identity. that's kinda the idea
That is true, but hmmm with your reasoning, one could also argue that he was saying that to seem like he's contributing but he was too excited and missed that detail.

Like I feel like Byngo's reasoning for their town lean on Dolby makes more sense:
getting town feels from hayden and dolby

i see these as town tells tbh. maf would already be aware of their numbers without having to notice it being stated 5 exist

kirbys kinda townish

null on everyone else

But actually I'm agreeing with what Panda already said here:
I disagree with you about that, a town member, especially Dolby and Heyden who are experienced players should know to read through the OP and the Day post to gather as much info as possible especially in this semi open set up game, so to me this might be mafia making a guess to try to seem like uninformed town.

In conclusion I think people are town-leaning Hayden and Dolby too early. Tho I'm still null on both.

Also glad to hear you want to avoid sheeping Brijade :D

Not much goin on so im gonna take this moment to take a nap, since i havent slept yet and its 6:25am here, hopefully theres not too much to sift though when i get back!

I'll be able to post when I'm home. I was already asleep when game started, woke up at 7am and I'm playing bass at church for two services today. Home in ~2 hours. Haven't read anything yet except first post.

idc lmao (she I guess but if you **** up the amount of care I have is 0%), and EST

If I don't understand why, I'll pretty much drill them until I can get a concrete reason, but if the issue they have with me is fair, I'll take it.

Bein way too aggressive in question asking lmao. Btw fair warning to people who haven't played with me before: I ask questions. I mean no offense by them, please don't take them as such (had someone take serious offense last game I was in, **** that).

4. What do you think the town to mafia to 3rd party ratio is? I think Natty's got a point with that this doesn't matter too much. However, I'd wager we have 2 neutrals (Jester and Unlyncher protecting Jester would be hilarious), and then the 5 mafia and the rest town.

5. Name the scum team, go. Toads, Kirby, Qwerty, Apple, Curry. Curry bc Id **** myself if there wasn't an experienced player somewhere on scumteam, Apple's random, but as for the other 3:

Toads:
I suggest everyone to go read previous games with kirby in it before passing any judgements about his position
feels really eh. It feels pretty damn apathetic, like he's passively saying "hey maybe Kirby isnt as sus as yall are making him out to be" without actually saying it. Which while it's good to get a feel for Kirby's meta, this was said in a way that felt really.. removed. I feel like I'm explaining it bad, so if yall need clarification ask.

Also there's this post:
Brijade feels like genuine new town
Uttumori and byngo have my attention
everything else is just mehhhhhh

but thats just gut feels
"but thats just gut feels" feels like a lack of commitment. I should really refresh myself on his meta, but that lack of conviction in your own opinions feels really damn flimsy and sus to me, esp when you say two are slightly sus (if thats what you mean by "have my attention", that wording is vague as well hhhh)

Kirby: I mean he hasn't done any favors for himself lmao, but Toads is right in that Kirby's pretty much sus no matter what so that's not why I have him on here. I mainly have him on here bc I feel like Toads is white-knighting for him in a buddy-buddy sort of way.

Qwerty: They were apparently lurking so not much but lurking is :eyes: especially when you haven't posted yet.

As for town, I'm slightly leaning Dolby as town. Dolby mentioning that he had 4 tabs open looking at Kirby's meta felt genuine, and thats a lot of fact checking that I don't know scum!Dolby to do (though Dolby's damn good scum so :eyes: ). His first two posts keep me from a full townread though (next paragraph has explanation). Town read on Byngo (see next paragraph). I don't get the Heyden townread though, he's null for me. Zendel gets a townread from me for their reaction to the KP.

When it comes to the OP edit, considering this post is taking an hour at this point, I think it'd make sense for Heyden to miss the OP update. As for Dolby, he mentioned that he thought it was a typo, which seems odd to not mention when you're making the original post, so that definitely has my interest. What I think is more telling though is the people who were confused by it being by KP or not - I bet you mafia would have been forewarned of this and not question the 5 mafians 2 KP deal, while town definitely would. So that's a definite townlean on Byngo,

@BriJade: You mentioned townreading Dolby for not knowing if there was 4 or 5 mafia. What are your thoughts on Kirby's post?:
Didn't expect 5 maf in this game. Was predicting there would be 4.

@Dolby: You said you townread Heyden based on looking into previous games. What made you look into Heyden, and why the townread?

@Heyden: Why the Uttumori townread?

How old are you ? Just curious....

My age doesn't matter. :p

I'll be able to post when I'm home. I was already asleep when game started, woke up at 7am and I'm playing bass at church for two services today. Home in ~2 hours. Haven't read anything yet except first post.

I was about to scum read you because there has been a significant difference in your playstyle this game, you usually do wacky things such as pointing the finger at people for reactions and voting in the vote thread for reactions. You haven't started any conversations either, you are usually the one to initiate the conversations so you aren't sitting right with me right now.

But life gets the better of us and I understand, however I still have my eye on you. I look forward to what you have to say when you come back. :)

Dolby you stating that the start of Day 1 was exhilarating leads me to believe that you read through the post, but how is it that you missed the bold, brightly coloured text informing us of a very important piece of info if that was the case?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can anyone else vouch for this ? Other than Dolby.
My post was at 9:24 PM my time. I cant vouch for it not being in the OP before, but it was edited into the day post at 9:23, and I assumed that there was a typo as it didn't conform to regular KP

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Kat, I wasn't tunneling Kirby, though I did have a particular focus on him. I was also reading back and trying to get reads on other people

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, townread for tone in comparison to Overwatch mafia (where he was scum), but he did replace mid day one then

My age doesn't matter. :p

I was about to scum read you because there has been a significant difference in your playstyle this game, you usually do wacky things such as pointing the finger at people for reactions and voting in the vote thread for reactions. You haven't started any conversations either, you are usually the one to initiate the conversations so you aren't sitting right with me right now.

But life gets the better of us and I understand, however I still have my eye on you. I look forward to what you have to say when you come back. :)

That's because I literally haven't been on. Zendel is my #1 scum read.

That's because I literally haven't been on. Zendel is my #1 scum read.

*sigh*

Did you not see the second part? Where I said I understand that life gets the better of us? Meaning I understand that you were asleep and you are busy.

I also said I was ABOUT to scum read but given your explanation I no longer do.

@kat theres a lack of conviction to that post because it was a few hours in and there posts just sparked me for some reason. They just felt aloof, lol i love that word. I didn't even wanna use the word scum, because who knows who I'm going to think is scum in the next day. And in the past few games I watched as town basically screwed themselves over by jumping to conclusions/ lack of effort/ carelessness, so i will be danged if someone wants to lynch kirby without knowing his meta.

I also work a double today so expect short comments until I get home later tonight

hi everyone, sorry was asleep then had work (gmt is worst timezone for maf), i skimmed through the thread but i will have a more in-depth look later when i'm settled

she/her (but i don't care) and gmt
try and defend myself with logic and reasoning but i do get a little sensitive about it sometimes
i'm really hoping accurate reads because i was a car crash last game
4. What do you think the town to mafia to 3rd party ratio is?
i'm not really sure, i'd guess 5?
5. Name the scum team, go.
sensai, zendal, kermit, qwerty and kat based on little to no reasoning

Arstotzkan said:
Kirby: I mean he hasn't done any favors for himself lmao, but Toads is right in that Kirby's pretty much sus no matter what so that's not why I have him on here. I mainly have him on here bc I feel like Toads is white-knighting for him in a buddy-buddy sort of way.

On the contrary, based on the little we have I would scum-lean kirby so far. Its all very early, but i saw something. I literally posted that so people go read the possibilities we could be dealing with here

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is intense already and the game started less that 12 hours ago o_0

DONT EVER EDIT YOUR POSTS

On the contrary, based on the little we have I would scum-lean kirby so far. Its all very early, but i saw something. I literally posted that so people go read the possibilities we could be dealing with here

- - - Post Merge - - -

DONT EVER EDIT YOUR POSTS

I accidentaly used a semi colon instead of an 'l' in 'already'. It isn't meant to make people suspicious.

Back