• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

Where are the rest of the players? I understand some haven't posted since your last post, but I'd think you'd at least give thoughts on everybody.

Again as I mentioned before, these are the people that stood out to me the most. If I quote my post:

Okay so here's my input

Town Lean
Slight Town Lean
Null
Slight Scum Lean
Scum Lean

Heyden - Reading through all his posts, I do generally believe he is a townie. Nothing suspicious has been said and is rational with decisions

toadsworthy - Unlike the latter, I'm a little skeptical about him. Reading through what people have said about toadsworthy in past games is kind of an alarm. Not only that, he's very quick to jump at people and make them sound like they're scum, which automatically creates a ripple effect where more and more people believe the same thing.

Dolby - I'm leaning towards a townie for Dolby. They're posts seem genuine and are quite reasonable when questioning other people's opinions, though I do find it suspicious that they haven't answered the RQS questionaire thingy yet.

Uttumori - I'm undecided right now since she hasn't replied too often, though that can change

Apple2013 - Similar to Dolby, questions are rational with a good reasoning behind them.

Mogyay - I can't give an opinion right now as she hasn't been active enough. I don't blame her, GMT is a terrible timezone to play Mafia in.

Kirbystarship - Kirby gets very defensive when accused by anyone but with good reason. He seems very genuine in his posts.

Zendel - Now I understand that this may just be out of kindness, but Zendel's forgiving and merciful nature when replying to people or 'admitting' to mistakes is almost like a ploy, like it is put on as well as his way of speech being in quite a joking manner, as if it isn't serious:

This could just be me jumping to conclusion and overexaggerating but I wouldn't dismiss it. Its always something to think about. Also hasn't done an RQS yet, almost like trying to avoid answers.

Everyone else who I haven't mentioned yet are still a null for me. Take what I say with a grain of salt, people mentioned are things that have stood out to me and not based on much information.

Wait, Toads has done this multiple times? Mind linking where else?

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Cleb Coaching refers to http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...fia!!!-Day-1&p=7424709&viewfull=1#post7424709

other than the one were talking about....

why not try to pick anyone?

well when you didn't answer a question, didn't you think people would be like wtf?

there was so many of us that didn't answer that question seriously and yet only a couple are getting a bad wrap for it i don't understand why, maybe picking on a less experience player for it to come across as pro town ?

I suggest everyone to go read previous games with kirby in it before passing any judgements about his position

suggesting things to seem helpful but has nothing to do with actual scum hunting.

...because the question is pointless? I don't know how many times I have to state that for people to realize that I'm not going to answer.
Considering I think enough people have answered your question from before, here's aforementioned reasoning:

You know RVS in MU, right? I believe it was King who pointed this out (idk if he still plays but he had a bunny avatar iirc) but if people are scum, they tend to vote their own to try to distance themselves, which makes a lot of sense imo. That question serves a similar purpose; I think its very likely scum put at least a few of their teammates in that question. So come a lynch and someone flips mafia, I think that's useful to try to determine who else might be on their team. It isn't damning in of itself, but its a place to start. Also it's kind of a noob scum trap - they may get scared and not want to answer, and that's a place to start looking at them.

@Kat - Fair, the conversation is a lot more clear to me now. Thanks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Then maybe go through everything in order? This isn't going to change anybody's opinions on you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Far too many nulls here. Scum-lean.

boi, I've been doing that.... I've posted my full reads and already sort of addressed the things on me right now.
-I've said my peace about the subjects you want to draw back up, Zendel's first few posts seemed out of character, there current ones align more to what I expect from them with semi-oblivious town
-I'm... sorry I used meta? but people WANTED me to go look for quotes referring to Zendel's play style. If I didn't do it, you would've bounced up in here and said I was avoiding it.
- Again I expressed my opinions about Zendel, but I didn't want to keep shoving it down people's throats all day so I moved on to make a full reads list
- I fail to see what I said to Mog as coaching too... especially because it was one short post commenting about how sussing based on invisible mode is a terrible tactic

Considering I think enough people have answered your question from before, here's aforementioned reasoning:

You know RVS in MU, right? I believe it was King who pointed this out (idk if he still plays but he had a bunny avatar iirc) but if people are scum, they tend to vote their own to try to distance themselves, which makes a lot of sense imo. That question serves a similar purpose; I think its very likely scum put at least a few of their teammates in that question. So come a lynch and someone flips mafia, I think that's useful to try to determine who else might be on their team. It isn't damning in of itself, but its a place to start. Also it's kind of a noob scum trap - they may get scared and not want to answer, and that's a place to start looking at them.
At that point it only becomes WIFOM, though. It could go either way in terms of a Mafia putting other Mafia in their random choices, or none at all. It's far too random to warrant anything, in my opinion.

whats with ur attitude this game cleb. maybe its me and my sensitivity but ur giving off such an uppity and superior attitude to so many things this game

boi, I've been doing that.... I've posted my full reads and already sort of addressed the things on me right now.
-I've said my peace about the subjects you want to draw back up, Zendel's first few posts seemed out of character, there current ones align more to what I expect from them with semi-oblivious town
-I'm... sorry I used meta? but people WANTED me to go look for quotes referring to Zendel's play style. If I didn't do it, you would've bounced up in here and said I was avoiding it.
- Again I expressed my opinions about Zendel, but I didn't want to keep shoving it down people's throats all day so I moved on to make a full reads list
- I fail to see what I said to Mog as coaching too... especially because it was one short post commenting about how sussing based on invisible mode is a terrible tactic
Then why are you freaking out over everything as a whole again, and then follow up by making a statement as if you hadn't responded to anything?

- - - Post Merge - - -

whats with ur attitude this game cleb. maybe its me and my sensitivity but ur giving off such an uppity and superior attitude to so many things this game
I'm simply playing more aggressively than I have in past games here. I would consider this my typical play-style, honestly.

other than the one were talking about....

there was so many of us that didn't answer that question seriously and yet only a couple are getting a bad wrap for it i don't understand why, maybe picking on a less experience player for it to come across as pro town ?

suggesting things to seem helpful but has nothing to do with actual scum hunting.

Kirby was the first one not to do it, so I questioned him... I was reaction testing to see what he would do after. I've commented about that in response to ayaya bringing this up. I thought it was pretty obvious what I was doing, and before people started scum reading for interactions with Kirby, I recommended people go read the variability you get with him.

Brijade = For his first game I sure am I pleased with the way he is contributing but I'm not a fan of time gaps between his posts because I would love to see more because you seem like you are a fabulous player, his time gaps don't make me think he is scummy at all though. There is nothing scummy about him and I have a slight town lean on him because I feel as though he is making a genuine effort and I'm really happy about this post:

thank you! i'm actually a she though - you can just call me Bri :)
any gaps between posts are basically because i'm trying to avoid contributing anything that's not going to be productive. i think once the first day's over and i have a better general idea, i'll be more comfortable. i just don't want to start slinging mud right off the bat lol

i'm gonna run to lunch really quick, but when i get back i'll get caught up and probably post a reads list

Then why are you freaking out over everything as a whole again, and then follow up by making a statement as if you hadn't responded to anything?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm simply playing more aggressively than I have in past games here. I would consider this my typical play-style, honestly.

because I don't have time to restate everything all over again to someone who clearly didn't read up on the thread

It's caught my attention too but I'm not thinking much of it at the moment, oh and that part I highlighted rhymed. Not that it matters or anything.

because I don't have time to restate everything all over again to someone who clearly didn't read up on the thread
I'm scum for jumping at people, I'm scum for not jumping at people, I'm scum for coaching, I'm scum for filler posts, I'm scum for thinking zendel is scum, I'm scum for backing down from Zendel, I'm scum for questioning kirby, I'm scum despite my explanation making sense, I'm scum for using meta, I'm scum for being rude to people, I'm scum for being nice to mog... I don't even know what to respond to first, god help me today
Explain this, then.

thank you! i'm actually a she though - you can just call me Bri :)
any gaps between posts are basically because i'm trying to avoid contributing anything that's not going to be productive. i think once the first day's over and i have a better general idea, i'll be more comfortable. i just don't want to start slinging mud right off the bat lol

i'm gonna run to lunch really quick, but when i get back i'll get caught up and probably post a reads list

Oh, I'm so sorry for misgendering you and thanks for letting me know that you prefer Bri. :)

Brijade07 so far has been doing an excellent job in their first game, very impressive. I feel like they did their research before this game since they know terminology like "sheep" and their input, while it hasn't been the most useful in scum hunting, seems genuine and organic rather than trying to hide something which is what I would expect from a newbie scum. Have you played forum mafia somewhere else?

no, this is my first game! i just read the guide and a couple of past ones :) i'll be working on some scum leans!

Explain this, then.

I took a shower, came out and there were three new huge posts all accusing me and bringing up stuff I had been talking about all morning. So you can imagine my frustration also seeing your posts scum reading me for the opposite of those things.

Explain this, then.

I took a shower, came out and there were three new huge posts all accusing me and bringing up stuff I had been talking about all morning. So you can imagine my frustration also seeing your posts scum reading me for the opposite of those things.

Then why not just respond to it instead of stating everything as if you hadn't responded to anything?

Current tinfoil (meaning a paranoid theory that isn't really likely) is Panda/Trundle/Ayaya. Town points to Cleb for pointing out hat Ayaya mentioned for to many nulls, disappointment that he seemed to be the only one to find that significant

Not gonna be on a computer for another 20 minutes. Will post more complete thoughts then

Then why not just respond to it instead of stating everything as if you hadn't responded to anything?

well, because its repetitive and annoying and I don't see the point of it when you can go back and read my responses for yourself and start to get those answers for yourself. Have you read the posts from your last one up until today?

Back