• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

Yeah, Zendal seems townish in their tone to me, though I really don't have enough data to have much confidence in this. I do want some stuff from Panda that a. refers to other people (besides me/Heyden) or b. refers to me/Heyden outside the context of the mafia amounts.

Might want to retype the last sentence here. Maybe I'm tired, but the second half of it is imcomprehensible

Sorry it was supposed to say "who are you to decide wether or not something may lead us to finding scum"

@Toad thank you.

Yeah, Zendal seems townish in their tone to me, though I really don't have enough data to have much confidence in this. I do want some stuff from Panda that a. refers to other people (besides me/Heyden) or b. refers to me/Heyden outside the context of the mafia amounts.

lol, I think its so obvious... but I guess we will just have to wait and see

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dolby what are your thoughts on Kirby?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Null, though I don't like that he takes two almost opposing stances in recent posts on Zendal. I'd put him in my weird aspects pile

They are likely busy I don't think they were super active. I think they were just there to defend themselves.
@Dolby don't have any thoughts on Panda.

On Zendel I do kinda scum lean them because they only seem to post when they are being attacked

On Apple2013 none of his posts feel scummy to me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If it's so obvious then maybe you can point it out for all of us?

I skimmed through Luigi's Mansion and he did post less filler there, but the tone doesn't change and he still replies pretty quickly to any posts directed at him.

In other news, meta gives me slight town on Mogyay and slight scum on Kat

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Kat got three different maf roles, like I predicted in my RQS post.

At this point, I have far to many townleans

- - - Post Merge - - -

For further explanation on the two that I just posted, scum Mog posts the literal minimum of required content each day. Both scum Kat and town Kat have initial strong posts during the day, but town Kat is more involved with more posts corresponding to the situation at hand

@cleb, i did think hard about answering that question but i came to the conclusion that after so many first day mislynches the most important thing we can all do is generate some meaningful discussion among us, of course none of us know the scum team but is it really detrimental to guess five people and see where the discussion can take us? you not answering the question just makes me think you're trying to avoid any conflict and i wonder why

@Mog hi ily, ummm... Why pick on Cleb for being unserious about Q#5 when I practically did the same thing.

@Mog hi ily, ummm... Why pick on Cleb for being unserious about Q#5 when I practically did the same thing.

I did pretty much the same thing as you there as well. Not gonna speak for her(though I kinda am with this post), but I think it's because Cleb didn't even provide a joke answer and refused to answer the question entirely

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, see Heyden lurking. He's in my townleans but I want to see him post more

If it's so obvious then maybe you can point it out for all of us?

I skimmed through Luigi's Mansion and he did post less filler there, but the tone doesn't change and he still replies pretty quickly to any posts directed at him.

I agree with Aya... Zendels tone is the same (from last game where he was town) and I scum read him incorrectly, they just come across a but snarky (no offence) which gives off an insincere tone and doesn't sit right to me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bit *^

I'm here, just don't have a lot to say lol
Although while I'm still pretty null on her, Mog was scum in her first game and being quiet is like always something a first time player who landed as scum would do imo (I did at least), and murder mystery is invalid because discord games suck so basing her on meta's a bit invalid rn unless you compare her to town meta but still eh

Heyden said:
You're missing the point. The question was to guess the above person's alignment, mine being Prima, so I put my genuine opinion forward. I didn't choose to push for Prima, he was just the person above me and I only bit back because he thought I was calling him scum and got pretty defensive for no reason which only made me more provocative towards him lol. And no, I've barely touched the Bayonetta mafia threads bc it's confusing af to read if you didn't play imo.

Zendel in response to Heyden in Themeless said:
Oh right right right

My post was hypothetical, as I'm not sure about anyone at the moment.

Zendel in previous games always appeared willing to see their own faults first, be forth coming

zendel in themeless said:
I just realized that there is 16 players. Oh dear god this is going to take forever to figure out who mafia is.

Am I right I saying that or not?

even on the most trivial things, he would doubt himself

Zendel in Paper Mario said:
Oh I'm not, I think it can catch newer scum players quietly easily so it's useful for town...unless town is full of silly geese, haha.

It's definitely more useful for town than mafia, which is why I like it.

Now does this sound like the same person as this

Zendel said:
*sigh*

Did you not see the second part? Where I said I understand that life gets the better of us? Meaning I understand that you were asleep and you are busy.

I also said I was ABOUT to scum read but given your explanation I no longer do.

Zendel said:
1. I'm aware that people try to change their playstyle to better themselves but he didn't try to change it in the other games I played with him and my suspicions on him are now mute as he has explained that he was asleep and busy, which I understand.

2. No apparent reason? There was reasoning, it just wasn't the best reasoning and to be frank we haven't really got that much from anyone so far, so I cant really give much solid reasoning for scum reading anyone.

3. Yes it is fair and his reaction is nothing new so I don't mind.

Now obviously I went and grabbed examples to make my point like Ayaya asked, but looking back I do see some glimpses of what others mean... but I think there is a big enough difference that I would scum lean Zendel right now

- - - Post Merge - - -

I pulled all of those quotes from early game too

I'm here, just don't have a lot to say lol
Although while I'm still pretty null on her, Mog was scum in her first game and being quiet is like always something a first time player who landed as scum would do imo (I did at least), and murder mystery is invalid because discord games suck so basing her on meta's a bit invalid rn unless you compare her to town meta but still eh

Doing comparison to both town and scum meta. I contend that Imprison the Criminals is valid as in both discord games there was a noticable difference in her in-thread activity between them (one game as town, one as scum). Yeah, there are issues with comparing her to her scum meta, but comparison to her town meta is valid (I thought it was widely established that she posted more than 1-2 times a day as town)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mog only has 5 post I know it's only been about 24 hours but ya just saying that's not much.

Yeah, but it's more than one in 24 hours, and five is roughly a amount that I've come to expect. Still, it's a slight lean

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Toad

Just to pull up one example of particularly town-similar behavior, I pulled this up (for reference, merged with #282)
Lol, I missed the intro/day 1 post that said there was 5 mafia.

And the KP is 2? So we will be losing two players per night, oh dear god!

But isn't this almost identical in tone to the second quote you pulled from Themeless

Doing comparison to both town and scum meta. I contend that Imprison the Criminals is valid as in both discord games there was a noticable difference in her in-thread activity between them (one game as town, one as scum). Yeah, there are issues with comparing her to her scum meta, but comparison to her town meta is valid (I thought it was widely established that she posted more than 1-2 times a day as town)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, but it's more than one in 24 hours, and five is roughly a amount that I've come to expect. Still, it's a slight lean

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Toad

Just to pull up one example of particularly town-similar behavior, I pulled this up (for reference, merged with #282)

But isn't this almost identical in tone to the second quote you pulled from Themeless

hahaha, thats funny that they use the phrase "oh dear god" both times. Like I said, looking back I see what people mean, but I think there is too many noticeable differences as well

True, and she's GMT so shes's pobably only had one chance to contribute to the thread so far.

well i worked 11 hours straight today and am going to sleep... i should be around all day tomorrow and leading up to EoD for once

i've made sure to say in pretty much every game that i work very long hours and i'm gmt, it sucks but it's life. @panda, cleb called out people
In fact, I want to ask everyone who's answered Question 5 to give their reasoning as to why they picked those specific names. If it seems like it's all just "oh hey I'm just guessing" then asking that question in the first place is pretty pointless.
as far as i know you didn't actually call out people for answering q 5 and if you did i missed it

- - - Post Merge - - -

gonna read this thread on the bus so any further comments will be on mobile but i don't know how much i'm liking toads 'i know what you don't know' if it were so important he wouldn't have brought it up so i can't see why he can't share

okay, i've given it some thought and i'm leaning town for zendel. after going back and reading his answers to those jokey rq's before the game, i think he's honestly just sensitive, which gives him a tendency to get defensive in tone.

i know that meta isn't always necessarily reliable, but it seems like it tracks in this situation. he even admits here that he's that sort of player
2. How do you react to people attacking you?

If you read the Paper Mario game or the Overwtach game you will see I react badly to it, but in my defence I was a noob in the Overwatch game and I had a terrible week during the Paper Mario game. I was sick, emotionally drained and careless in the game itself so I did terrible and I'm disappointed in myself for failing my team. So hopefully if I find myself in that situation again I will handle it in a better way which doesn't effect how the game plays out for town.

to me, it seems like he jumped the gun a little by scum reading apple, regretted it when people started grilling him, and was trying to backtrack here:
*sigh*

Did you not see the second part? Where I said I understand that life gets the better of us? Meaning I understand that you were asleep and you are busy.

I also said I was ABOUT to scum read but given your explanation I no longer do.

none of it seems calculated, in any way, which is the reason for my guess. he seems town, just all-over-the-place.
i'm a little wary now of anyone who was super quick to scum lean him, as it would be an easy way to divert attention from yourself.

also i'm definitely getting town from ayaya, she's had a lot of good questions so far (even for me lol)

Zendel in previous games always appeared willing to see their own faults first, be forth coming

even on the most trivial things, he would doubt himself

Now does this sound like the same person as this

Now obviously I went and grabbed examples to make my point like Ayaya asked, but looking back I do see some glimpses of what others mean... but I think there is a big enough difference that I would scum lean Zendel right now

- - - Post Merge - - -

I pulled all of those quotes from early game too
:confused: I'm... not seeing what you're seeing here. Doesn't helped by the fact that you didn't include the quote links so I can't go to the post directly to check further context.

The posts you picked also didn't indicate that he's behaving differently considering it looks like a different situation from this game, so of course he'd react differently?

I'd like to see evidence from Trundle then.

I'm not sure if this will help but I'm gonna try something to get the newer/silent players to chime in:

1. How do you think a mafia would behave like in order to secure a win in this game?
  2. Based on your answer to the first question, which player(s) fits your idea on how mafia would behave in this game? (Can be more than one)

Back