• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

My reads has changed.

Dolby is town lean for me, I feel like he is helping a lot and trying to get this game started.

xCleb, I feel like he is town a gut feeling.

So not really much has changed in my reads.

to elaborate on my '5 scum reads' which are weak as **** but i wanted to generate some conversation so..

zendal - very defensive, appears to be appealing to emotion, calling someone out unnecessarily just to regard it in the same paragraph
sensai- didn't like how they called out utti three times, made me think they didn't want to call anyone else out and perhaps sheep on sussing utti. also didn't like how they didn't read q 4, highly likely they misread but maybe avoiding the question
kermit - idk i dont like how u sussed trundle when he did say he was busy and the game legit did just start?
qwerty - i randomly picked out someone who hadn't posted just in case there's a maf lurker about
kat - everyone above apart from kermit is relatively inexperienced so i stuck you in, sorry

- - - Post Merge - - -

i meant question 3***

to elaborate on my '5 scum reads' which are weak as **** but i wanted to generate some conversation so..

zendal - very defensive, appears to be appealing to emotion, calling someone out unnecessarily just to regard it in the same paragraph
sensai- didn't like how they called out utti three times, made me think they didn't want to call anyone else out and perhaps sheep on sussing utti. also didn't like how they didn't read q 4, highly likely they misread but maybe avoiding the question
kermit - idk i dont like how u sussed trundle when he did say he was busy and the game legit did just start?
qwerty - i randomly picked out someone who hadn't posted just in case there's a maf lurker about
kat - everyone above apart from kermit is relatively inexperienced so i stuck you in, sorry

- - - Post Merge - - -

i meant question 3***

Why what was meant by Q3? I thought it was meaning how people want to refer to you as in a nockname or something short?

- - - Post Merge - - -

*nickname

Why what was meant by Q3? I thought it was meaning how people want to refer to you as in a nockname or something short?

- - - Post Merge - - -

*nickname

'what will you be known for in this game?', i understand how u got mixed up but it would have been phrased 'what do you want to be known as in this game?' dw i fully understand i was grasping at almost nothing but it just stood out a little

I 100% agree with Natty (Byngo) that Kermit isn't playing a town game right now. They have two posts so far, one RQS post, and one putting a slight sus on Trundle. But really sticks out to me is Trundle's absense of a response to me on her. Trundle doesn't handle pressure all that well but the fact that he is pressuring solely Zendal (who I don't neccessary see as town, but their post talking about a potential for a sus on him falls into active new(ish) play) for it makes me them them as a potential scum pairing. I realize that this isn't concrete, and I could easily be wrong about this, but I don't like Kermit's one real post so far, and Trundle's absense of a reaction to her seems sus.

This is pretty much reiterating what Byngo said and connecting Kermit to Trundle.

Anyway, gtg

I think he should try that question again just for the sake of actually answering the question. So sensai, what will you be known for in this game?

I don't know where I tried to appeal to emotion so far (Please refer me to a post, I'm really confused by that point :confused:) and I wasn't calling out Apple I was sharing my thoughts to him because I thought his absence may have meant something when it clearly didn't so that's why I disregarded my "call out" on him after he explained why he was absent. :lemon:

Also I have tried to explain myself to people in a kind and clear way, I wouldn't call that very defensive but interpretations and realities differ.

I'm done explaining myself because it would be repetitive of me to do so.

I don't know where I tried to appeal to emotion so far (Please refer me to a post, I'm really confused by that point :confused:) and I wasn't calling out Apple I was sharing my thoughts to him because I thought his absence may have meant something when it clearly didn't so that's why I disregarded my "call out" on him after he explained why he was absent. :lemon:

Also I have tried to explain myself to people in a kind and clear way, I wouldn't call that very defensive but interpretations and realities differ.

I'm done explaining myself because it would be repetitive of me to do so.

I think it was the "im usually ignored" part

'what will you be known for in this game?', i understand how u got mixed up but it would have been phrased 'what do you want to be known as in this game?' dw i fully understand i was grasping at almost nothing but it just stood out a little

Oh my bad! In that case, I wouldn't really know what I'd be known for since I've never played Mafia before.

@Astotzkan (do you have a nickname that you like to be called? just wondering)
sorry, i'm trying to do this on mobile, so i'm not going to include the quote, but to answer your question about kirby -
to me it doesn't read suspicious. i think they were just posting in their usual manor - short and in a fashion that doesn't give a ton of extra information ? i wish i could offer some helpful insight but kirby isn't someone i can speculate on until i get something with a little more substance.

I feel like there's a lot of good stuff going on.... I am halfway trough my double today and I will respond once I get home!

whats kinda bothering me is that zen claims that he is usually "ignored" but I'm looking at some of the past games he was in and that doesnt really seem to be the case, I'll keep looking though just in case

whats kinda bothering me is that zen claims that he is usually "ignored" but I'm looking at some of the past games he was in and that doesnt really seem to be the case, I'll keep looking though just in case

I meant that I'm usually ignored when I try to make a point, the only times I get attention is when I mess up or when I word things in a way which doesn't seem right.

@Heyden: Why the Uttumori townread?
Was mainly based on a gut feel with her cluelessness that the game had started earlier on and proceeded to post an RQS, plus her behaviour so far doesn't really scream scum to me

@Heyden agreed early on both Panda and Kermit, so what's your reasoning?
You can't have a team full of noobs so you need 1 experienced, 2 semis, 1 semi-noob and 1 noob :^) Besides the fact it's literally just a random question, doesn't really have a purpose anyway, (especially when you choose to evade 2 of the questions??)

i think they mean their reads and cases aren't taken seriously rather than literally ignored and i understand the frustration sometimes but pointing it out like that is putting me off

I want Sensei to respond to whoever it was who asked why they were scumreading Uttumori (if it was just memes, it's fine lol, but if it's a real read, I want an explanation)

Don't like that Yzanda dropped only this post

- - - Post Merge - - -

Trundle, why are you scumreading Zendal and not Kermit for their interaction and sus on you. Moreover, Zendal never said they had a sus on you before your post and was merely commenting on your inactivity

Current Town Pile
Heyden
Byngo
Brijade

Weird Aspects but probably noobish
Yzanda
Sensei

Need to Post
Curry
Ashvenn

I could see a Trundle/Kermit team based on his disportionate reaction to Zendal compared with Kermit, but maybe it's just my perspective with the timings

I don't know who Kermit is and I definitely didn't see their post. One sec I'll look through and post merge.

- - - Post Merge - - -

okay so im going to scum lean trundle bcuz when he's town he's like usually in here asap trying to figure out stuff but him being so quiet is sorta sus

- - - Post Merge - - -

also we have not heard from the following: xCleb, mogyay, yzanda, ashvenn, curry, arstotzkan, querty111, apple2013 (pls correct me if i'm wrong)
get in here peeps

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i just looked at the list of possible roles (whoops prob shouldve done that earlier) and woah look at this one

Mafia:

• Two Shot Blackmailer
    • You are Yellow Diamond, the two shot blackmailer. You have information on everybody and aren?t afraid to play dirty. Twice a game, each night you can send in a blackmail, silencing a player for day.

so if this role exists we can only rely on the "active" factor today cause from here on out there may be town peeps that are silenced

I mean same thing as before, I am really busy right now (sister's grad party just ended, I have DnD tonight, I have Driver's Ed all week, I'm filling out paperwork for my job in September, my sister leaves for the military in 5 days) so I don't think you guys can expect the same activity from me this game as last game. Take that however you will. I'll still have reads and posts up every day.

- - - Post Merge - - -

okay so im going to scum lean trundle bcuz when he's town he's like usually in here asap trying to figure out stuff but him being so quiet is sorta sus

- - - Post Merge - - -

also we have not heard from the following: xCleb, mogyay, yzanda, ashvenn, curry, arstotzkan, querty111, apple2013 (pls correct me if i'm wrong)
get in here peeps

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i just looked at the list of possible roles (whoops prob shouldve done that earlier) and woah look at this one

Mafia:

• Two Shot Blackmailer
    • You are Yellow Diamond, the two shot blackmailer. You have information on everybody and aren?t afraid to play dirty. Twice a game, each night you can send in a blackmail, silencing a player for day.

so if this role exists we can only rely on the "active" factor today cause from here on out there may be town peeps that are silenced

I mean same thing as before, I am really busy right now (sister's grad party just ended, I have DnD tonight, I have Driver's Ed all week, I'm filling out paperwork for my job in September, my sister leaves for the military in 5 days) so I don't think you guys can expect the same activity from me this game as last game. Take that however you will. I'll still have reads and posts up every day.

@cleb, i did think hard about answering that question but i came to the conclusion that after so many first day mislynches the most important thing we can all do is generate some meaningful discussion among us, of course none of us know the scum team but is it really detrimental to guess five people and see where the discussion can take us? you not answering the question just makes me think you're trying to avoid any conflict and i wonder why
Because when one person gets put into over half the answers from other players, it gets very irritating, and it can show in their posting. I feel like making such random guesses is what causes so many mislynches on Day 1, which is why I don't answer that question. Throwing names around is not Pro-Town.

Kolech scum putting suspicion on pure Arstotzkan.
/vote EZIC Kolech terrorist

All jokes aside, Cleb, can you link your championship game on MU?

As for the question regarding why I chose who I chose for #5, I explained everyone in my post except Apple, and that's because no one else stood out to me particularly as scum so he was one of the people who hadn't posted (ninja'd by his post). And as for the usefulness for this question, I'm gonna wait for other people to answer your question to elaborate, but I completely disagree that the question is pointless even if everyone says "idk".
http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...-MafiaUniverse-Express-The-Mafia-Championship (It's almost 3,000 posts long, so fasten your seatbelt)

Of all the people that I thought would ask me to link another game first here, it couldn't have been someone I know from here. :p

@Heyden agreed early on both Panda and Kermit, so what's your reasoning?
You can't have a team full of noobs so you need 1 experienced, 2 semis, 1 semi-noob and 1 noob :^) Besides the fact it's literally just a random question, doesn't really have a purpose anyway, (especially when you choose to evade 2 of the questions??)
Already explained my stance on the team question above. As for the other one, I'm unsure which one you're talking about, unless it was Q3, which I just kind of answered sarcastically.

I'm beginning to wonder why you're trying to point out that I've evaded questions as if nobody has brought it up already. It's already being discussed, and you're just reiterating it as if it were your idea. Besides, I'm still not a fan of RQs, but I don't feel I evaded any of them like you think I have.

Skimmed so I probably missed it but you still missed 3 and 5 even if you still think it was pointless. I can never understand why some people are so unwilling to cooperate with things when it takes 0 effort but ok then

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Kermit is Karen

Back