• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

sorry if these are all unorganized atm trying to fit this in before i go swimming for a little bit.

xCleb - for now town lean for how pushy and for seeming unafraid, doesn't seem to have anything to hide.

Dolby - so far seems to contribute as town, responded to my suspicions about the 'guessing mafia numbers' appropriately not scum leaning him atm.

Toadsworthy - was pushing him a bit to see how he would respond and he's reminding me on his overwhelmed town self.

Ayaya - always flies under my radar, im not a fan of your 'reads' like others have stated it doesn't say much of anything.

Zendel - hard for me to get a read on, but did seem pretty defensive when i casually mentioned his tone to share my opinion of why he might come off a bit scummy for no reason.

Mogyay slight town lean for now, would like to hear more from you when you can.

Curry Please come back, posted RQS and bounced.

SensaiGallade - can't get a read on her.

Yzanda - hasn't contributed enough.

Ashvenn - same thing need more post.

Byngo - town lean rn, reminding me of past games I've played with her as town.

Kirbystarship - ha what can i saw, most likely town, but is little to no help, sorry Kirby.

Brijade07 - doing well for their first mafia game, which is making me a little sus, might have private scum coaching going on 9i know you said you did your researched and read past games but still), other than that gut feeling they are seeming to be town.

Uttumori - seems to be trying their best, i appreciate the effort, town lean for now.

Arstotzkan - Spicy Kat always scares me... haha i usually feel like i can't trust her and she ends up being town. so a null for me as of right now.

KermitTea - like Kat i always find it hard to trust Karen. but hasn't given me scum vibes so null.

Qwerty111 have only posted a couple times, might be laying low.

Apple2013 is usually in thread trying to actively scum hunt, he said he was busy, but still gonna keep my eye on him.

Heyden - seems to be laying low, which from what i can recall isn't his town play style, probably #1 scum lena atm.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also im rereading the thread and im about half way through... seeing if i can get a better grip on things so far.

sorry if these are all unorganized atm trying to fit this in before i go swimming for a little bit.

xCleb - for now town lean for how pushy and for seeming unafraid, doesn't seem to have anything to hide.

Dolby - so far seems to contribute as town, responded to my suspicions about the 'guessing mafia numbers' appropriately not scum leaning him atm.

Toadsworthy - was pushing him a bit to see how he would respond and he's reminding me on his overwhelmed town self.

Ayaya - always flies under my radar, im not a fan of your 'reads' like others have stated it doesn't say much of anything.

Zendel - hard for me to get a read on, but did seem pretty defensive when i casually mentioned his tone to share my opinion of why he might come off a bit scummy for no reason.

Mogyay slight town lean for now, would like to hear more from you when you can.

Curry Please come back, posted RQS and bounced.

SensaiGallade - can't get a read on her.

Yzanda - hasn't contributed enough.

Ashvenn - same thing need more post.

Byngo - town lean rn, reminding me of past games I've played with her as town.

Kirbystarship - ha what can i saw, most likely town, but is little to no help, sorry Kirby.

Brijade07 - doing well for their first mafia game, which is making me a little sus, might have private scum coaching going on 9i know you said you did your researched and read past games but still), other than that gut feeling they are seeming to be town.

Uttumori - seems to be trying their best, i appreciate the effort, town lean for now.

Arstotzkan - Spicy Kat always scares me... haha i usually feel like i can't trust her and she ends up being town. so a null for me as of right now.

KermitTea - like Kat i always find it hard to trust Karen. but hasn't given me scum vibes so null.

Qwerty111 have only posted a couple times, might be laying low.

Apple2013 is usually in thread trying to actively scum hunt, he said he was busy, but still gonna keep my eye on him.

Heyden - seems to be laying low, which from what i can recall isn't his town play style, probably #1 scum lena atm.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also im rereading the thread and im about half way through... seeing if i can get a better grip on things so far.

Just pointing out its a him :)

Oh, I'm so sorry for misgendering you and thanks for letting me know that you prefer Bri. :)
not a big deal at all! i feel like this is such a big game - lots of names/genders to remember

okay so i know i've mentioned this before, but i think it's fairly early to do a serious reads list. please keep in mind that well, all of this is subject to change. these are feelings that i'm getting so far though.

slight town leans:
dolby - sticking w/ my gut feeling on this one for now

panda - just seems genuine and hasn't done anything to stand out to me

apple - again, hasn't done anything that particularly stands out, except your tone irks me and i don't see the need for insults but w/e makes a good point about the likeliness of the AFK players being maf

sensai - i was originally going to scum lean him - what stuck out to me was the way he jumped from making very few posts to posting an entire reads list. seemed to me like nervous maf who wasn't sure what to say, but thought he'd do a list to avoid suspicion. then when i re-read, i noticed that zendel had requested the reads list from him specifically. i think sensai is probably just a newbie like me, trying to get the hang of things :)

town leans:
ayaya - i'm most confident in ayaya being town. so far has been helpful in asking for evidence/explanations, and they haven't fixated on any one person for too long.

zendel - ive already posted about this

slight scum leans
curry - has literally made two posts. neither of them have been much of a contribution. if i remember correctly, he's been playing mafia for awhile so i guess i was expecting more input from a "mafia all star" lol - but he did say he's going to be known as "quiet curry who makes walls of text". i'm waiting for the text wall and then this may change.

heyden - seems aloof and pretty stinkin eager to lynch somebody -
Don't really have any suspicions rn so anyone I'm not townreading atm I wouldn't mind them being lynched. (townreads mainly bri, byngo, mori, dolby, arstotzkan)
but that could just be their style - i really wish i was more familiar with some of you guys omg

null

kirby - lol come on kirb give us something to work with! you know you're hard to read!

toad - i kinda have an eye out for toad, but i'm not putting him in my slight scum leans yet. i keep going back and forth.... but something does seem off

and everyone else not mentioned

Placing a no-lynch vote for now just to make sure nobody tries to pocket a lynch on anybody (which imo is stupid, but you never know what could happen). I'll keep an eye out for new developments though and change it if something big happens before EoD.

Do you have any opinions pertaining to what all is going on in discussion right now?

Sitting around and making off-topic comments doesn't make any progress.

I'm trying to get a better understanding of what's going on, my opinions on who is what and who I suspect is a mafia, so please pardon myself and sorry if I'm not contributing much.

Reads List

1. xCleb - Town reading as of last post on previous page. Contribution is very high and I am seeing no red flags.
2. Dolby - Very neutral. Dolby plays a very good and neutral scum and town from what I remember (other than the Mini Mafia where he just went AFK and oath cleared him for whatever reason). Read-wise, I can see legitimacy in his posts however I'm a natural skeptic.
3. Ayaya - Town. I think the skepticism in Ayaya's posts is genuine, however I don't like that you don't even have a single town read yet. If you were lynched or died N1 we would have little to no information to go off of.
4. Heyden - Leaning town. I haven't seen any red flags but more neutral than town.
5. Zendel - Leaning scum. Again, his posts reek of fake and his post quantity vs post quality is very quantity sided.
6. Mogyay - Neutral, I haven't seen anything notable.
7. SensaiGallade - Noob town. The fact they town read me even though all the people I would consider town (and pretty much everyone in the game) is scum leaning me goes to show me I'm playing like a ****** (probably from my stress this week but I really don't know) and Sensai doesn't pick up on it.
8. Yzanda - Neutral
9. Ashvenn - Neutral
10. Byngo - This is hard to say. Byngo has been picking on me a lot this game so far but I don't really see a proper reason. Semantics such as "why are you sus of this person more than this person" or the so called "contradiction". I think Scum Mom is on to a lot with her early game reads, but Zendel was still my priority. All in all, I agreed with scum mom's reads, but that doesn't mean scum mom's reads are my exact reads.
11. Toadsworthy - Definitely leaning mafia for Toadsworthy as well. There has been a bit of inconsistency with his posts and red flags are poppin'.
12. Kirbystarship - Thinking town, but I am now kinda wondering where he disappeared to. He wasn't under pressure or anything. He did make that one really stupid post though.
13. Brijade07 - Leaning town
14. Uttumori - To be honest I haven't read any of Uttumori's posts, I just skip them
15. Curry - I haven't seen anything from Curry yet, which raises flags in itself.
16. Arstotzkan - Town leaning
17. PandaDarling - I don't know to be honest, Panda, I'm not gonna bother
18. KermitTea - I have thought about this for like 10 seconds now and I don't know what I think so I'm putting neutral, screw you Karen
19. Qwerty111 - Leaning town
20. Apple2013 - I'm a shapeshifter one shot vigilante haha xD memes

- - - Post Merge - - -

I forgot to color code it rip me ffs

Moving Toads to a townlean, as he sounds like frustrated town. Want Curry to post more, especially don't like all the nulls in Ayaya's reads post, and her feeling like she needs to mention them. Trundle is acting weird, and I especially don't like the disportionate reaction between Zendal and Kermit. Panda's feeling (very slightly) more normal. I want Kirby to post so I can get a better read on him.

One thing that I found weird was that Panda seems to be attempting to pocket Trundle here

I'm starting to think I am wrong about some of my reads. I'm at Driver's Ed for another two hours so when I'm home I'll elaborate, but long story short I am thinking it is very likely scum are largely AFK like last game. It's hard to scum read people who don't even post.

Apple i hope thats not the case, cause that set us off horribly.

After he pretty much admitted to having few unoriginal leans (those being Sarasa, Zendal, and Ayaya) and after he weakly FOSed her here

Panda and Curry, is there a reason for the inactivity? I'm picking on you two because you're both generally decent players who put effort in.

Still tinfoiling on Panda/Apple/Ayaya, but with less emphasis on Apple than before, especially since Ayaya scumread him. Could shift tinfoil to Panda/Ayaya/Zendal here, but again, this is just a tinfoil theory (and I don't think maf would have obvious connections)

xCleb-Lean town, points for going out of his way to point out Ayaya's
Dolby-Scum, lynch him before he bluesnipes town and solo wins for maf again
Ayaya-Scumlean, don't like their reads list
Heyden-Remains a townlean, despite recent inactivity
Zendal-null/scumlean. I do now see what Toads is talking with their tone, but I don't think it warrants a lynch
Mogyay-townlean on meta, though I want to see more from them
Sensai-Null/slight townlean, though I do like that he made a reads list, I don't like that he susses both Zendal and Toad
Yzanda-Need more bub
Ashvenn-Gonna be replaced, probably
Byngo-Strong town, almost willing to lock
Toads-Leaning town, I do like the shift in tone, and I do agree with him to an extent on Zendal
Kirby-Null, where are you?
Brijade-Great effort for a first time player, townlean
Uttumori-Similar behavior to prior games and present and contributing at game start, slight townlean
Curry-Scumlean, primarily because I expect more activity, top lynch choice atm
Arstotzkan-Like recent posts, want to know your full thoughts
Panda-Eh, this is a hard one for me. Slight scumlean for presence in my tinfoil
Kermit-Null, weird aspects as previously noted
Qwerty-want more
Apple-I don't know what to think rn. Present in my original tinfoil theory though

Work has been in super crunch mode for me since we have a meeting about our analytics tomorrow so we?ve been working to get whatever we can to help get those up. I?m kind of in a weird ?I don?t really wanna? mood with this game right now and I don?t know why, which bugs me, I?m hoping that sorts itself out in the next couple days. I?m also a quieter player in general and I really hate just constant meta talk about ?x wasn?t like this in y gameeeee!?, which is typically what Day 1 is a lot of on TBT. So, there?s my reasoning for lack of posting.

Town leans:
Dolby ? Dolby has seemed pro town this entire game. Dolby hasn?t tunnel visioned anyone and that gives anyone town points for me. I dislike such a heavy use of meta by him, but his other contributions to the conversation outweigh his meta gaming for me. I appreciated when he tries to keep everyone track, with calling Trundle out for seemingly not posting relevant posts (post #342), or trying to get more answers out of people such as asking for reads from everyone.
Dolby, do you believe me to be the best lynch candidate still? If so, is it purely for a lack of activity or do you have other reasons?

Ayaya ? I actually disagree with Cleb, and see the reads list she posted as a bit more of a town sided thing in certain circumstances. Now I don?t know how experienced ayaya is but if she hasn?t played many games I totally get the not wanting to say the wrong thing in terms of reads to then look like scum if she was wrong. However, if she does have a bit of experience I?m likely be less lenient. At least on her null reads it wasn?t ?null lol,? and that was it. There?s at least stuff to the null reads. On top of this she has been pushing for answers from more than just one person, like Dolby she hasn?t tunnel visioned.

Kat ? I concur on mog and toads coaching and while Kat may be a very hard person to read in mafia I feel as though her questions have purpose in this game, she doesn?t seem to be asking questions to fulfill her ?active? quota but actually going for answers with follow up questions which is a good sign for me.

Unsure on my true opinion but here are my thoughts (null I guess?):
Heyden ? Other than the very beginning of the game where he generated discussion, I haven?t been very impressed with Heyden. I think people are way too quick to town read him in my opinion and while I don?t scum read him, I definitely do not get the town vibes everyone else seems to get from him.

Mog ? Kat made a good point about toads coaching her, I plan to iso later to better understand her.

Zendel ? Interested to relook at them in depth. When I made my initial post I definitely saw his tone as off and I dunno, I still think it is off by the way they?ve used emoticons and other ways to seem overly friendly, which may be weak reasoning or whatever but it?s something in my mind. Typically I?m pretty cautious of people who want to seem really friendly in mafia cause it always makes me think they?re playing us, but I?m not entirely convinced that they would be scum. They haven?t put up resistance to answering questions or defending themselves which I see as a good thing. I really am unsure because I could go either way right now.

Kirby ? I really have no idea what to ever think of Tardis. His posts feel so empty to me and like they don?t say much, but he doesn?t have anything that turns me to think he is scum. He?s somewhere in the middle.

Scum leans:
Toads ? He?s been using lots of AtE in his posts (specifically ones like ?I?m scum if I do x, I?m scum if I do y, etc.),? the stuff coaching mog that Kat pointed out is definitely something to take not of, a pretty often scum slip is coaching hard in chat, it is a way to seem friendly and helping a ?town member? which I?ve seen many mafia members use.

Karen ? Another kind of scum tell to me feels like speculating on mafia roles and Karen?s post of #283 really didn?t feel like much of a contributing post but more as a ?content? filler. I find her reasoning against Trundle quite weak especially when in her #283 post she even said activity shouldn?t be a big factor.
To ask a question of you, in post #364 you said people were jumping onto the zendel train which made you think he?s not mafia, what is your reasoning for this? Sometimes people can be easy mafia and people pile onto them. I don?t think there should be any bandwagon on Zendel yet but is there a particular reason that you find him to not be mafia other than many people questioning him or finding him sus?

Plan to look more into Panda, Cleb, Trundle (Apple) and Natty (byngo) especially in the near future, no true opinions on either yet.

Still doing a lot of work today to help for tomorrow, Wednesday my schedule will be much more flexible and hopefully this ?eh? feeling goes away. All other people not listed I haven?t even looked into at all or think they are a big priority at the moment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

slight scum leans
curry - has literally made two posts. neither of them have been much of a contribution. if i remember correctly, he's been playing mafia for awhile so i guess i was expecting more input from a "mafia all star" lol - but he did say he's going to be known as "quiet curry who makes walls of text". i'm waiting for the text wall and then this may change.

By no means am I even remotely close to a mafia all star.

Curry, it's your inactivity primarily, but that "wat" post also seemed off at the time, having no point (it was connected to the game, but it did nothing to advance it)

Dolby please elaborate on your overused "tinfoiling" term because I have no idea what you're trying to get across when you're using it. What does it mean?

Dolby please elaborate on your overused "tinfoiling" term because I have no idea what you're trying to get across when you're using it. What does it mean?

The government is out to get us and they are putting chemicals in the water to make the frogs gay. The only way we can be safe from their mind control is to wear our tinfoil hats.

Basically, it's something that I see connections between players, and I think they are scummy. The connections are definetely there, but the tinfoil signifies that I could be wrong on the scuminess of the connections.

Scum leans:
Toads ? He?s been using lots of AtE in his posts (specifically ones like ?I?m scum if I do x, I?m scum if I do y, etc.),? the stuff coaching mog that Kat pointed out is definitely something to take not of, a pretty often scum slip is coaching hard in chat, it is a way to seem friendly and helping a ?town member? which I?ve seen many mafia members use.
sorry, what does AtE mean?

The government is out to get us and they are putting chemicals in the water to make the frogs gay. The only way we can be safe from their mind control is to wear our tinfoil hats.

Basically, it's something that I see connections between players, and I think they are scummy. The connections are definetely there, but the tinfoil signifies that I could be wrong on the scuminess of the connections.

So vague bussing?

- - - Post Merge - - -

looool

So vague bussing?

- - - Post Merge - - -

looool

Nah, though that could fall under that. I saw Panda and Ayaya literally show up out of the blue to defend Zendal last night, at pretty much the exact same time. That kind of thing is what I'm going at

Back