• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Steven Universe 2 Mafia!!! Town and Kat win!!!!

i never said the question was silly, i didn't mean to say my 'reads' crap just that they didn't have much substance since not a lot had happened. also ok sorry for being so defensive but do you know how hard it is when the game started yesterday and in that time i've done two ten hour shifts, i'm sorry that i'm struggling with balancing my time but i feel a bit attacked for it while in other games people seemed to understand i was very busy, but ok no point crying about it i will try harder to contribute more, reads will be up in the next few hours

mog ily, ily so so so much but it does feel defensive when you have no need to be defensive in the minimal posts you have made which is very strange... I worked 11 hours yesterday (and in between I was trying to sleep), so I know the struggle too.

Ok, reading back I am beginning to see what Toads means by about Zendal. I really don't like the post from Arstotzkan here actually
Jesus christ that was a lot to catch up on lmao

@Dolby Fair, but for what its worth I was hanging out w/ my mom since she's moving to California soon and I got work for the rest of the week rip. I work at a computer though so I should be more active during the day here.
@Ayaya If Dolby thought that the KP was in error in his 1st post, why wouldn't he say something about that in his post rather than assume that we got the reasoning? Considering it says "5 mafia", going and saying theres 4-5 seems silly w/o any kind of evidence. Why wouldnt he give said evidence when he posted?

Getting ready for work rn, more thoughts once I do my work stuff
As it doesn't reveal anything that we haven't already got past, and it feels like trying to play into her town behavior. Kermit still feels somewhat sus, but really it's only through their interaction with Trundle. I really want to see more from Curry, and a reads list from Ayaya. As things stand

Townleans
Byngo
Uttumori
Heyden
Brijade

Really want to see more from
Arstotzkan
Curry

Weird Aspects
Kermit (thinking of moving this up to a townlean)
Panda (activity seems forced to a degree)
Trundle (Zendal interaction makes me think that there is scum between them, and I am inclined to believe it's Trundle, still can't get past the Kermit thing, but it could be going for a easier target as scum)

Would like a lynch (and a reads list) from either my need more from list, or my weird aspects list (exempting Kermit). Thinking that Curry is the best lynch at this point, but could be inactive town

EBWOP: ^^ I feel like in past games where dolby was mafia he played town organizer early***

- - - Post Merge - - -

overtime I type your name it try to make it that...

overtime.... I also want to make every time one word and my computer doesn't like that

Panda and Curry, is there a reason for the inactivity? I'm picking on you two because you're both generally decent players who put effort in.

i know i was being defensive but zendal's 'i thought maybe you were lurking because you're on invisible mode' rubbed me the wrong way

i know i was being defensive but zendal's 'i thought maybe you were lurking because you're on invisible mode' rubbed me the wrong way

zendel is on invisible mode too, so idk why they would give you crap for it
and i wouldn't worry about that because no one else will believe logic like that anyway

Finally home but it's pretty late so I might go to sleep soon since we're leaving early tomorrow :c
Replying to this first.

wow, says that they appreciate context but then completely takes my posts out of it.

1. I asked that question to Kermit because I wanted to know if they thought Zendel was a scum lean or not, because if they were going to scum the lean the people who scum lean zendel while also thinking Zendel's posts were weird I thought that would shady. I'm sorry I didn't post more context for that question, but I didn't want to spoonfeed a question so that I could get an honest answer in return.

2. People were starting to question me at that time, I was following the thread on my phone at work, and so I wanted to say that I would follow up later. Activity in the past few games has been minimal a lot of the time, so I was making a general comment about that.

This is from my said follow-up and is what I was referring to in kirby.

To recount my train of thought on things:
1. interaction with Kirby which I then explained, I waited a little bit to explain it to see if anything else happened or anyone else saw it.
2. During the initial posts section thing I said Uttumori and byngo peaked my attention, because RQS sounded like they wanted to blend in, but I then said I like their efforts since then.
3. People were debating Zendel, I said they lean scum. Then I made some posts following up on why I think that because there seems to be different people with different opinions and I was asked to. There more recent efforts do seem more like typical town zendel, but that doesn't change what I already saw.
My mistake, like I explained I was on my phone then and couldn't elaborate and put things into detail.

1. Alright, This is fair.

2. "People were starting to question me at that time" Uh I looked back before you made that post and between your last post in the thread and that update, NO ONE was sus on you or questioning your whereabouts beside placing you on the "5 scum team" question. You're worried about being placed as scum in an answer to a simple RQS?

3. Hmm, fair I guess.

Sorry if I seem mean on this, you still feel off to me atm.

I'm gonna give another read now that I'm on PC.

Ok, reading back I am beginning to see what Toads means by about Zendal. I really don't like the post from Arstotzkan here actually

As it doesn't reveal anything that we haven't already got past, and it feels like trying to play into her town behavior.
Mdude.

Getting ready for work rn, more thoughts once I do my work stuff
Did you not see this part or did you think that was actually all of my thoughts regarding the past few pages?

Bout to go on break, hopefully will get something up then. Here's the post I was writing thus far since I gotta leave this computer:

Zendel: In regards to their post Trundle sus'd them for, I don't find that one very suspicious. Odd, sure, but I read that as thinking aloud rather than trying to put suspicion on them, especially with their follow-up posts emphasizing that they didnt find it all that sus considering irl happens. Most of their posts have been defending themselves though since that point. Haven't had the chance to look indepth at their reads - gonna do that at break.

ayaya said:
"People were starting to question me at that time" Uh I looked back before you made that post and between your last post in the thread and that update, NO ONE was sus on you or questioning your whereabouts beside placing you on the "5 scum team" question. You're worried about being placed as scum in an answer to a simple RQS?

I meant that I already had suspicions on me in general, Kat questioned my read on zendel already and being vague, Panda was questioning me about something. I didn't want to disappear for almost 24 hours and then show up with people saying i was avoiding all day.

And no I understand where your suspicions are coming from... I addressed how I can see a difference in my posts too, read my full reads list and notes then let me know if you have follow up questions too

Tbh **** mobile

So I was gonna continue thoughts on Zendel, right? Still plan on doing so, but I found a post that raised some serious eyebrows.
zendel is on invisible mode too, so idk why they would give you crap for it
and i wouldn't worry about that because no one else will believe logic like that anyway
That sounds buddy-buddy as ****. Toads, idk what you mean by this other than it looks like, but I see it as "hey look people arent going to believe that logic just ignore it". Why would he be concerned w/ how others see Mog, and why would he be telling her what and what not to pay attention to?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok thoughts on Zendel cont.

You keep mentioning that people sound genuine in your town reads. What defines genuine to you? Also can you elaborate on Uttumori?

His posts have felt relatively passive, even in his reads, except the one where he was like "so anyone who townreads me is stupid? Hahaha!" That felt forced and is probably his scummiest post tbh. But overall, can't say I really scum read him.

and before Dolby says "omg kat has nothing more to add", yes, I do, I gotta drive back to work

Okay so here's my input

Town Lean
Slight Town Lean
Null
Slight Scum Lean
Scum Lean

Heyden - Reading through all his posts, I do generally believe he is a townie. Nothing suspicious has been said and is rational with decisions

toadsworthy - Unlike the latter, I'm a little skeptical about him. Reading through what people have said about toadsworthy in past games is kind of an alarm. Not only that, he's very quick to jump at people and make them sound like they're scum, which automatically creates a ripple effect where more and more people believe the same thing.

Dolby - I'm leaning towards a townie for Dolby. They're posts seem genuine and are quite reasonable when questioning other people's opinions, though I do find it suspicious that they haven't answered the RQS questionaire thingy yet.

Uttumori - I'm undecided right now since she hasn't replied too often, though that can change

Apple2013 - Similar to Dolby, questions are rational with a good reasoning behind them.

Mogyay - I can't give an opinion right now as she hasn't been active enough. I don't blame her, GMT is a terrible timezone to play Mafia in.

Kirbystarship - Kirby gets very defensive when accused by anyone but with good reason. He seems very genuine in his posts.

Zendel - Now I understand that this may just be out of kindness, but Zendel's forgiving and merciful nature when replying to people or 'admitting' to mistakes is almost like a ploy, like it is put on as well as his way of speech being in quite a joking manner, as if it isn't serious:

@ Toad

You seem to be comparing the way I'm playing in this game to other games were I wasn't in the same situation, so that's the problem with your post against me.

Secondly people! Please look at the Paper Mario mafia game, I feel as though I'm in the same situation right now and I hate it because I feel as though anything I say will be invalidated. That's why I'm reluctant to post anything other than my posts replying to other people, it gets boring after a while. haha. :D

I don't remember who said I'm snarky but I apologise if I come off in that way, it isn't my intent and it never will be unless people continue to pester me or propose the idea that I may be ******** (I'm looking at you Apple) :rolleyes:. I don't respond well to attacks on me as you can see in the Overwatch game and the Paper Mario game which is something I still need to work on, but from here on out I will start contributing in a helpful way.

I will post a reads list soon to get me back on track. :lemon:

Also I would be interested to see what Yzanda, Ashvenn and the rest of the absent players have to say, so please get here soon. :)

This could just be me jumping to conclusion and overexaggerating but I wouldn't dismiss it. Its always something to think about. Also hasn't done an RQS yet, almost like trying to avoid answers.

Everyone else who I haven't mentioned yet are still a null for me. Take what I say with a grain of salt, people mentioned are things that have stood out to me and not based on much information.

Tbh **** mobile

So I was gonna continue thoughts on Zendel, right? Still plan on doing so, but I found a post that raised some serious eyebrows.That sounds buddy-buddy as ****. Toads, idk what you mean by this other than it looks like, but I see it as "hey look people arent going to believe that logic just ignore it". Why would he be concerned w/ how others see Mog, and why would he be telling her what and what not to pay attention to?

I mostly said that because people making sus posts about people due to them being on invisible mode or not is absolute malarkey. Same with whether or not people answered the RQS question about set-up and whether they saw the updated/ edited post or not. Sussing people over logistic crap like that is low-grade play to me and I highly doubt you or any self-respecting player would follow analysis related to things like that

Are you saying you would totally sus someone over whether or not they are on invisible mode? The context and subject of the post makes a difference, so please don't take it out

here's a quick reads list. don't expect much

town leans:
dolby - y'all already know why I townlean him. nothing since then has changed that

briz - ur impressive for a noob that's had 0 maf experience. don't see this coming from a noob as maf

toads - after having been scum with him, + easily identifying his fakeness in mafianson, i think can read him pretty good. he feels genuine and nothing is sticking out

cleb - some of u will probably see this as a reach, but idc. town reading him for his continued stubbornness against rqs. the only game where he complied with it was paper mario maf

hayden - same as Dolby

null:
salsa: you've been pretty contributive and **** but i think it would be dangerous to trust u immediately. interested to hear ur thoughts on trundle

uttu - seems coasty. keeping an eye on u

sensai - haven't seen enough from u

mog - ur hard for me to read tbh

kirby - another hard to read player. don't know where i stand with u rn

yzanda - "reading through thread for revisions" still waiting to post again

ashvenn - nonexistent

qwerty - just answered rqs and that's all. need more

ayaya - nothing sticks out but ur a null cuz i don't know ur play style or really
anything. i tried finding a game u were in but failed, what was ur most recent game?

zendel - had him sus for lower activity, didn't realize it was sleeping time for him. keeping an eye on him

curry - was expecting a bit more from you than what we currently have. where r u

scum leans:
trundle - mainly sus of u after questioning u yesterday. it's really weird how you think salsakat probably has 1 or 2 maf, but when I asked u "so u think there's scum amongst toad, curry and qwerty?" u basically contradicted urself, passively saying toad is sus but going back to zendel. to me if u think kat probably already got 1-2 maf, you'd be focusing those 3

panda - more of a feeling than anything

karen - still aren't liking your posts. ur swooping in for zendel to get town cred + coming to the conclusion people sus'ing him = he's scum!! is weird

Tbh **** mobile

So I was gonna continue thoughts on Zendel, right? Still plan on doing so, but I found a post that raised some serious eyebrows.That sounds buddy-buddy as ****. Toads, idk what you mean by this other than it looks like, but I see it as "hey look people arent going to believe that logic just ignore it". Why would he be concerned w/ how others see Mog, and why would he be telling her what and what not to pay attention to?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok thoughts on Zendel cont.

You keep mentioning that people sound genuine in your town reads. What defines genuine to you? Also can you elaborate on Uttumori?

His posts have felt relatively passive, even in his reads, except the one where he was like "so anyone who townreads me is stupid? Hahaha!" That felt forced and is probably his scummiest post tbh. But overall, can't say I really scum read him.

and before Dolby says "omg kat has nothing more to add", yes, I do, I gotta drive back to work

That isn't what I said, I said "So is everybody who disagrees with you is stupid? Haha!". Dolby didn't even town read me either so I wouldn't have said that in the first place, lol. Unless I missed a post where he said that, if so please direct me to it. :)

Genuine = Making an actual effort and their tone is casual and authentic.

bro what are you trying to do to me?
sensaigallade said:
toadsworthy - Unlike the latter, I'm a little skeptical about him. Reading through what people have said about toadsworthy in past games is kind of an alarm. Not only that, he's very quick to jump at people and make them sound like they're scum, which automatically creates a ripple effect where more and more people believe the same thing.

I think all of this is a big exaggeration of things tbh. I'm not jumping at people at all... you made me sound like a freaking lunatic, but

sensaigallade said:
Apple2013 - Similar to Dolby, questions are rational with a good reasoning behind them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

byngo said:
toads - after having been scum with him, + easily identifying his fakeness in mafianson, i think can read him pretty good. he feels genuine and nothing is sticking out

bless your ****ing soul

Okay so here's my input

Town Lean
Slight Town Lean
Null
Slight Scum Lean
Scum Lean

Heyden - Reading through all his posts, I do generally believe he is a townie. Nothing suspicious has been said and is rational with decisions

Dolby - I'm leaning towards a townie for Dolby. They're posts seem genuine and are quite reasonable when questioning other people's opinions, though I do find it suspicious that they haven't answered the RQS questionaire thingy yet.

Uttumori - I'm undecided right now since she hasn't replied too often, though that can change

Mogyay - I can't give an opinion right now as she hasn't been active enough. I don't blame her, GMT is a terrible timezone to play Mafia in.

Kirbystarship - Kirby gets very defensive when accused by anyone but with good reason. He seems very genuine in his posts.

Zendel - Now I understand that this may just be out of kindness, but Zendel's forgiving and merciful nature when replying to people or 'admitting' to mistakes is almost like a ploy, like it is put on as well as his way of speech being in quite a joking manner, as if it isn't serious:

This could just be me jumping to conclusion and overexaggerating but I wouldn't dismiss it. Its always something to think about. Also hasn't done an RQS yet, almost like trying to avoid answers.

Everyone else who I haven't mentioned yet are still a null for me. Take what I say with a grain of salt, people mentioned are things that have stood out to me and not based on much information.

I did do the RQS, I've been getting a bit of heat about it and I have been answering as many questions as possible. If you have any for me ask a way, I don't mind. :)

Hi guys so sorry for not being here for the first few hours if the game. I was asleep as it was very late. I haven't read the thread yet so I will catch ASAP! :D

1. What are your preferred pronouns and timezone?

Male pronouns and my timezone is GMT. :blush:

2. How do you react to people attacking you?

If you read the Paper Mario game or the Overwtach game you will see I react badly to it, but in my defence I was a noob in the Overwatch game and I had a terrible week during the Paper Mario game. I was sick, emotionally drained and careless in the game itself so I did terrible and I'm disappointed in myself for failing my team. So hopefully if I find myself in that situation again I will handle it in a better way which doesn't effect how the game plays out for town.

3. What will you be known for in this game?

I'm usually ignored but I will try my best to contribute to the best of my ability! :D

4. What do you think the town to mafia to 3rd party ratio is?

When I was setting up my game I got advice from Tina about balancing the game, she said that it's 1 mafia per 5 town players. So I would guess 4 or possibly 5 mafia, 1 third party and the rest are town.

5. Name the scum team, go.

I would guess: Toad, Kirby, Ashvenn, Trundle & Uttumori based on nothing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I appreciate the reads list.

I did do the RQS, I've been getting a bit of heat about it and I have been answering as many questions as possible. If you have any for me ask a way, I don't mind. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I appreciate the reads list.

My apologies then on that part. I must of missed it.

I'm still a noob at Mafia so I'm don't know what you mean by a read list.

Back