• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Tattoos!

shrekluvsme

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Just a general thread related to tattoos~

Some topic questions you could answer maybe ^^:

-What tattoos do you have and where?
-What tattoos do you want and where?
-Are you against tattoos? For tattoos?
-What do you think of tattoos in the work place?
-Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal?
-Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos?
-If you got one did it hurt?

Personally I love tattoos. I have one right now (Grizzly on forearm) but would love more. Planning to get a Pikmin tattoo on my ankle with my sister -she'll get a yellow pikmin and I'll get a blue, our favorites from when we played together as kids. I'm also going to get an Armin(from AoT) tattoo probably on my back, haven't decided on the location yet only the image. Also want to get my cats faces on my feet.

Working on a night-time forest themed sleeve on my left arm. I have an owl and a fox so far that take up my entire forearm. I have a stick-and-poke tattoo that I did myself on my right ankle of the alchemy symbols for sun and moon. I had another symbol on my thigh, but that got distorted by stretch marks and doesn't look like anything now. Beware of thigh tattoos, especially if you're female and plan on having a baby. I also have a small scarification (burn) of a star on my hand. I was under 18 and didn't want to wait to get a tattoo, so y'know... I do like it, it turned out nicely, but don't ever do that. It can get really gross.

Last edited:
-What tattoos do you have and where? None yet!
-What tattoos do you want and where? I'm going to get roses covering both my thighs and possibly a lions head on one thigh. I'd like to get my feet tatooed and some on my arms and shoulders!
-Are you against tattoos? For tattoos? Totally for!
-What do you think of tattoos in the work place? I see no issue.
-Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal? The casual arm or shoulder tattoo I think is considered normal but it might be while for face/neck tattoos to be normal haha.
-Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos? No, unless it was something extremely problematic.
-If you got one did it hurt? N/a

-what tattoos do you have and where?
Yes, I have a realistic butterfly on my thigh, and flowers (two larkspur and two calendulas) on my ribs in a line art style.

I want a set of flowers on my left ribs, but to be my children's flowers (when I have kids), a cute bear tattoo, and a cat tattoo at some point.

Well I have two. On other people, it's not my body, so why care.

I think if they are appropriate and have an appropriate placement, then why not. Mine are always covered, but that's more of a preference.

I find them normal. I find it's harder finding someone without a tattoo than with. Even with mine, lots of people don't know that I have them.

I wouldn't really care. If it was something inappropriate​ than that's another issue.

Not really for either. The one on the ribs was more of a sharper pain, but by the end of both I could of dosed off. It was the muscle stiffness from laying there that hurt

I've been thinking of getting a tattoo when I get a stable job. Placement wise, I'm thinking my wrist and where it lays upright to people but appears upside down to me.

I want to be able to design the tattoo myself rather picking out of the book. I haven't thought far down that line yet on what I want. Probably will be more of an abstract image but I'm not sure. I'm stuck if I want a minimalist black outline or full color.

The question if tattoos will be accepted/normalized really depends in the city/state, I lived in the Bay area and strange is normal. I think body modifications are probably considered a little weird than being covered in ink.

I haven't gotten any tattoos yet, but I have them all planned out for the most part. I'm really excited for when I get them (once I save up enough and feel comfortable getting them)

I decided a few years ago that I'll do all body mods on the left side of my body... just for kicks. But a few bands on my arm and leg, an ankle tattoo, ring tattoo, another that I haven't settled on placement for yet, and two other smaller ones.

I think stigma against tattoos is on its way out. I personally wouldn't have a problem with a leader having tattoos, but I suppose that will take a while to be widely accepted.

I don't have any tattoos, but I'm considering getting one in the future. I like the tiny minimalist tattoos that are on trend now, but I'm still definitely at the stage where I'm like "what do i want on me... forever?" But i've seen some really gorgeous tiny tattoos, like on the wrist or behind the elbow or on the cusp of the ear. Something I think would be super cute would be two tiny tiny wings on my shoulder blades. Like freedom.
I think you should be able to do whatever you want with your body, so if you want a tattoo, go and get one! If you don't, then don't! Easy as pie :blush:

I don't have any tattoos. I don't think I'll ever get one but if I did maybe it'd be the initials of someone I deeply care about. I am against tattoos but I think anyone has the right to do whatever they want. I also think it's very acceptable in our society because I have many friends that have them :)

I don't have any tattoos and I don't want any just because needles scare me so much. I'm not against them or anything, I think anybody should express themselves any way they want. I don't think it's as acceptable in society because people who have them are often looked down upon, which is sad.

I love tattoos, I can't wait to get some of my own! I want to get Madoka's soul gem and grief seed on each of my wrists. Then maybe some soot sprites on my side if I can. I think tattoos will be accepted but it's going to take a while since people see them as "trashy" and "unprofessional" due to the stereotype of government money being used for them. :( Luckily art industries are more accepting of them, though it's sad most jobs are against them for some reason. And if a leader was good at his job and had the qualifications for the job then why do tattoos matter? Heck, one of my favorite teachers had tattoos, so I definitely wouldn't mind! I just wish people wouldn't hate since that's one of the hardest art jobs ever. You have to be perfect and never mess up, it can be so stressful! True, professional tattoo artists deserve a lot of love and respect. While those who can do it "cheaper" and aren't professionally trained should stop doing it without a license and proper materials. :( It's unsafe and if that's their passion then they should go get professionally trained.

I don't have any.

If I could, I would get this on my right wrist:

tumblr_o1uo6m23Dj1r2sszso1_1280.jpg

Not against them at all. I myself couldn't get one, though, because I know I'm too much of a perfectionist for one and would rather keep myself clear.

Fine as long as they are appropriate.

I think they already are considered normal.

Hell yeah!

Like I said, never had one.

Not a tattoo person.

I currently have 6 tattoos.
-Life/Art ambigram on my right wrist.
-Monarch butterfly on my right thigh.
-Cat skull and rose on my left thigh.
-Bird in a ribcage on my right forearm.
-Heart in a birdcage on my left forearm.
-Planchette with an eye on my sternum.
A whole heck of a lot of them! Some plans I have been stewing the longest are a watercolor/sketchy giraffe on my back, a bearded man with flowers in his beard, and the Fifth Element tattoo that Leeloo has.
I am for tattoos! I think tattoos are for the most part really beautiful and it's so neat being able to see things about a person with a cursory glance at their tattoos. I love getting tattoos and I love seeing other people get them, and just smelling the witch hazel and the soft hum of a tattoo machine. <3
I think tattoos in the work place are no big deal, I mean sure if you're some moron with a giant face tattoo, pot leafs, gang tattoos, racist symbols, etc etc then yeah, you shouldn't be working somewhere where people can see those(depending on which of these you shouldn't have a job at all....) But having tattoos doesn't change your work ethic and literally as a tattooed person the only thing I've heard from ANYONE while at work have been compliments.
I think once the Baby-Boomers die out their traditional mindset will HOPEFULLY die with them, sound kind of messed up but I mean, that's really what it all boils down to.
I wouldn't care in the least! Give me a president with tattoos and piercings, with colored hair! It'd be the policies and morals that I'd be concerned with, not how they look.
Some of them hurt, some of them don't, and some of them feel plain weird! My first tattoo on my wrist didn't hurt at all, I have a pretty high pain tolerance so I could barely feel it, also I'm pretty chunky so I go cushion. The worst tattoo was probably my cat skull tattoo, I almost passed out getting it, because with the shading they're going back over and over the already opened skin to get all of the shades in... made me pretty woozy, but I got up and walked around a bit and had a few cups of water and was fine the rest of the way. My sternum felt plain weird, the needle vibrating right there and the fact that it's kind of sensitive there already so it was weird all around, and also I had to hold my boobs the whole time. XD

I've two betta fish (my late boys Roan and Paris) on my right shoulder blade and a geometric whale on my left arm, just above the elbow joint.

My next is going to be the words "Lebe deinen Traum" written in cursive on my right forearm. Other than that, been tossing around ideas for a seahorse and/or koi fish.

I don't have any.

However I want to get a paw print with Angel wings and a halo. Angel under it.

For my dog angel I had to get put to sleep. :( she's not just a dog. She's my baby and I love her more than anything in this world.

So yeah a tattoo in memory of her.

I'm not sure where to put it.

What tattoos do you have and where?
none. i don't mind tats but i'd rather not have big ones because i'll probably regret a few when i'm an elder

What tattoos do you want and where?
i dont know, i might get a little one though. maybe just a nice little design

Are you against tattoos? For tattoos?
i dont really care about what people do. just the really disgusting ones are the ones that bother me (not that i find them offensive, theyre just normally so unfunny or they just shouldnt be waved in public) also the bad ones.

What do you think of tattoos in the work place?
i dont really care at all unless they put people off with being crude or something

Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal?
no. an example is with religion and how some are on tattoos.

Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos?
again, if theyre crude ones then yeah, but then it might show that theyre not boring and stuck-up like most are portrayed

If you got one did it hurt?
ive heard they felt like a sharp fingernail repeatedly being dragged on your skin. ive also heard that it also releases dopamine so maybe its a little addictive?

Last edited:
I think that tattoos are really attractive on both boys and girls, I always find myself dating someone who has at least one tattoo ahaha, I love the idea of having art on your body.
However I'm not entirely sure if I would get one myself simply because I'm afraid I'll regret it. I want one but I'm wayyy too nervous because I change my mind all the time and getting a tattoo I don't like is my biggest fear.
If I were to get one I would get a small one on my wrist or finger.

-What tattoos do you have and where? (I have a music note on my ankle, and a Pikachu tattoo on my calf)

-What tattoos do you want and where? (Would really love more Pokemon tattoos but I can't decide on where to get them)

-Are you against tattoos? For tattoos? (Totally for them! It's your body, decorate it or don't decorate it however you like)

-What do you think of tattoos in the work place? (I have mixed feelings about this. I understand why professional work environments don't want tattoos. But jobs that don't require an education or professional dressing in general, I think those places should be more lenient. For example: I worked in a retail store for 3 years and they were soooo strict on tattoos and I think that's silly)

-Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal? (I think as more time progresses, absolutely.)

-Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos? (If that's what they want to do, sure, why not? I won't view them differently.)

-If you got one did it hurt? (The one on my ankle did not hurt. It felt like a cat scratched me. The one on my calf was a little painful. Afterwords it felt like someone scratched my skin while it had an imaginary sunburn. It just... burned.)

- None actually

Would be cool to have that Persona Q pentagram that's on the upper screen, but people would probably think it's some random satan spawn so idk. Or a snake somewhere.

As long as you do them with some class and not get random trashy things everywhere I don't mind really.

People are way too strict on those, I mean as long as you don't have, like a nazi swastika or a KKK person or something demeaning to any kind of people on it I don't mind.

It depends on how open minded people can I get I guess. I can see it might not be a thing to become like a court attorney if you have them everywhere and just needs to show off, but as long as you have them either classy and/or discreet I don't think you should be judged.

Not really. As long as they can make a public appearance that's good and stay to their opinions etc. I'm good.

Don't have one. I bet it would hurt a lot though since I can't take a lot that pain thing.

What tattoos do you have and where?
none

planning to get one on hip, it's probably going to be some kind of flower

i don't care

i'm not sure if tattoos are "not accepted", but it definitely depends on what kind of tattoo you get.

no

it's going to

Last edited:
Back