• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Tattoos!

-What tattoos do you have and where?

I don't have any tattoos, but I'd love to get some!

-What tattoos do you want and where?

There are plenty of tattoos I'd love to get, a few ideas I have are: A flower tattoo on the back of one of my shoulders, a mermaid scale tattoo on either my legs, arms or side of stomach or even a rainbow tattoo somewhere.

-Are you against tattoos? For tattoos?

Definitely for tattoos! I won't be forcing anyone to get any anytime soon, cause that's not my kind of life, but I 100% support those who choose to or want to get some body ink themselves! Express yourselves! :>

-What do you think of tattoos in the work place?

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the tattoos themselves aren't super inappropriate or offensive.

-Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal?

I would hope so, if they aren't mostly accepted now!

-Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos?

Nah, I don't see how that would really affect how they rule unless, like the work place question, they were just really bad tattoos.

- What tattoos do you have and where?
None as of right now.
I really want a acnl cake tattoo on my top arm region! Also a daisy on the back of my right hand.
For tattoos! ^__^
It depends on the job.
Yes, truly.
Not at all. They're beautiful. It's literally art but on your body!
-If you got one did it hurt?
I've never gotten one, but I'll be ready one day. :)

-What tattoos do you have and where? I currently have 5 tattoos, and I'm scheduled to get another on the 29th! I have a robin on my left shoulder blade, a wave based on Hokusai but in a watercolor style on my right shoulder, a rune on my left wrist that my mom and sister also have, a small bird on my right wrist, and i have a mountain surrounded by flowers on my left arm by the crook of my elbow!
-What tattoos do you want and where? I want to get a handwriting tattoo in my dad's handwriting since he passed away last year; i also want to get a hydrangea bc it's my fiancee's favorite flower :)
-Are you against tattoos? For tattoos? Definitely for ;)
-What do you think of tattoos in the work place? as long as they're not offensive you do you
-Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal? Hopefully! I don't really see the big deal as long as they're not offensive. Tattoos are beautiful!
-Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos? Nope!
-If you got one did it hurt? Yeah, but not as much as I thought it would. Of course it's going to hurt to get jabbed by a needle a bunch of times but you get used to it pretty quickly and it's actually kind of relaxing after a while?? haha

i'm definitely getting a tattoo i love the atmosphere of tattoo parlors too because my friend's mom owns one in town and i love hanging out there after school. i've had some ideas of what i wanted in the past but now that i think about it they were stupid lmfao. most tattoos i'd get would have reasons but not all.

for my first i'm planning get a red fox somewhere on my ribcage maybe because thats a tough spot but i think i could suck it up (#gingerlove) but then i also want a tribal tattoo from my chest to my forearm. also thought about matching tattoos with my friend but i don't think he'd really do it lmao

-What tattoos do you have and where? currently I've got the cruelty free logo on my right shoulder blade, and a big stag's head on my stomach/chest area
-What tattoos do you want and where? currently planning a save the bees tattoo for just above my right elbow
-Are you against tattoos? For tattoos? love love love them
-What do you think of tattoos in the work place? I'm totally cool with it, I think it's ridiculous that people are still getting denied jobs bc they have tattoos
-Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal? I want them to be, and hopefully it'll get better than what it is, but it's never going to be accepted by everybody
-Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos? sure why not
-If you got one did it hurt? shoulder blade was uncomfy rather than sore, ribs were pretty sore but bearable, navel area was awful,the artist even dig me out painkillers while we were on that part!

What tattoos do you have and where?
I don't have any (yet) >:

What tattoos do you want and where?
3ebd61780bde21930a731770a8521a81.jpg
Exactly on the place like on the picture :b

Are you against tattoos? For tattoos?
For it! Well, it depends.
I always think, that they should have a meaning.

What do you think of tattoos in the work place?
Haha, my brother actually has one on his arm and used to work as a seller in a
"high quality" electronic shop and once a old man came to him to s**ttalk about his
tattoo.. I don't know why people would care about that. It's not gonna change how
the person works.

Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal?
Nah, people always need something to complain about.

Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos?
Depends what kind of tattoo, I guess.
A cool one, why not!

If you got one did it hurt?
I know that I will die if I ever get one, especially since I have a
phobia for injections. I'm already dying for a simple injection..

Last edited:
-What tattoos do you have and where?
I don't have any at the moment, i'm of legal age to get one though, which is nice.

I'm not for certain yet, but I want something that's reminiscent of the band Paramore or atleast related to them. Perhaps their logo (the rectangle with the three lines) but smaller, or a lyric from them that can have a double meaning. So atleast if I ever grow out of them (which I don't think I ever will) i'll be able to pass it off as just an inspirational thing. Other tattoos that I do want for certain though, are an animal crossing one and a sailor moon one. I'm thinking of either getting my favourite villager Ruby, or a small leaf. If I were to get a tattoo i'd want it on my wrists or upper arm or just somewhere visible.

Definitely not. I mean if I answered question two saying that I do want tattoos, i'd be very contradicting to say that i'm against them haha.

I feel like it's getting there. I don't feel like it's a thing that's definitely not accepted and not considered normal because you see a lot of people with them but I can see in some scenarios where people may feel this way, as i've heard stories about people not being able to find work because of them.

No, of course not! As long as they have good policies, and can lead a country, tattoos shouldn't affect their leadership!

-If you got one did it hurt?
No, but it probably will if I get lyrics. Especially if it's a long winded one, that'll take a long time to do I feel.

Last edited:
Not going to share too many details just in case, but I have a lot of tattoos (and piercings); specifically upper-body (chest, arms) with some lower-body ones. I am for tattoos obviously, and especially in the workplace. I work in academia; thankfully the stigmatization is very minimal. But I know that many other jobs are not as forgiving, and to me that is unacceptable. Tattoos say nothing about work ethic, performance, etc. I hope that one day people will be free to have tattoos and work any job that they please without fear of being fired! As for pain, my most painful was on my chest.

I don't have any tattoos, but I'm torn between wanting full blown sleeves/full body tattoos and just getting a couple of small, simple and meaningful ones. I have a love-hate relationship with tattoos; I want lots, but at the same time I want little to none.

Tattoos shouldn't, in my opinion, be shunned in the workplace and it definitely shouldn't define who gets hired or gets a promotion. That's blatant discrimination, no matter how hard you try to stigmatize tattoos signifying "unprofessionalism". If a surgeon had tattoos, would that make him any less of a surgeon? No? Exactly.

If a leader can actually do their job, I don't care whether they have a full body tattoo or body modded themselves to look like Shrek.

- - - Post Merge - - -

-snip-

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the tattoos themselves aren't super inappropriate or offensive.

-snip-

Totally forgot about that.

Like okay, maybe if it was something really inappropriate, like a swastika on their forehead like Charles Manson. Crude and offensive tattoos have no suitable place anywhere.

i have two, one on my chest (above my heart) and one on the back of my arm. they're reasonably small, so they didn't really hurt. i have plans to get a lot more, but i just need to put aside the money for them first! some of the ones i'm looking forward to the most are both of my cats' portraits, a ufo/x-files themed one, the hogwarts crest, an octopus, postcards, majora's mask... way too many to list. obviously i'm very much pro-tattoo, i think they're wonderful and if i was rich i'd probably be getting a new one on a weekly basis if possible.

also very much for tattoos in the workplace as long as they're not a) offensive, or b) all over the face. i'm not necessarily against neck tattoos, depending on what they are, but face tattoos are really unappealing to me. i know tattoos as a whole have become a lot more accepted than they've been in the past, and i do hope one day they become a completely normal thing and there's no stigmatization or anything. :')

i love the look of new tattoos but old, green and bleak tattoos that have bled are so !!! ugly !!! so i'm really torn. also idk i would like to cover up some stuff but i'm pretty sure it is a lot more difficult to tattoo scar tissue and i'm afraid it would just make them even more visible and ugly so lol idk

None, but I really want to get one someday. My mom despises them and she said she'd cry if she saw me with one, but I just simply love some of the designs. Once I become an adult I'll probably strongly consider one.

I plan on getting a cartoon corgi on my arm. I love tattoos and people who have tattoos. It's art you can always look at.

None yet... the joys of being underage...
I want one tattoo saying 'diabetic' on my left arm, and 'autistic' on my right, those are the only ones i defiantly want right now, and i plan to get them on my 18th birthday
fuuuuuuuuuuu i dont see whats wrong with it, but i think slowly but surely they're becoming more accepted
lol no

Last edited:
None yet... the joys of being underage...
I want one tattoo saying 'diabetic' on my left arm, and 'autistic' on my right, those are the only ones i defiantly want right now, and i plan to get them on my 18th birthday
fuuuuuuuuuuu i dont see whats wrong with it, but i think slowly but surely they're becoming more accepted
lol no
Tattoos are still legal if you get your Parents consent. The age for that, at least in my state, is fourteen.

i love the look of new tattoos but old, green and bleak tattoos that have bled are so !!! ugly !!! so i'm really torn. also idk i would like to cover up some stuff but i'm pretty sure it is a lot more difficult to tattoo scar tissue and i'm afraid it would just make them even more visible and ugly so lol idk

There are a lot of artists who are amazing at covering up scars with tattoos, my thigh tattoos are over lots of self mutilation scars and I bought my mom a tattoo to cover up a big gnarly surgery scar she had all down her shoulder and you can't even tell it's there!

I'll want tattoos when I'm older. I'm not sure what types of designs or w/e it'll be but yeah. Ill want something to cover my self-harm scars but thats the only thing i have in mind

I have 3 tattoos.

A dragon on my chest.
Spiderweb on my hand.
A vine with leaves, wrapped three times around my wrist and arm.

Already posted in this thread but this Thursday I'm getting this cute and colorful bird tattoo on my arm!! My girlfriend and I are getting matching tattoos and I'm really excited! After that I'm going to get a memorial tattoo for my dad in his handwriting, just as soon as a find a good sample for the tattoo artist.

Back