Tattoos!

There are a lot of artists who are amazing at covering up scars with tattoos, my thigh tattoos are over lots of self mutilation scars and I bought my mom a tattoo to cover up a big gnarly surgery scar she had all down her shoulder and you can't even tell it's there!

yeah i know but, like, i have big areas of my body that are basically just scar tissue and so many of them poke in or out and have weird colors and ive had many of them for years and theyve barely faded at all so im kinda worried that it would be impossible to make it look like anything other than a failed cover up attempt :|
but idk maybe im underestimating tattoos lol

yeah i know but, like, i have big areas of my body that are basically just scar tissue and so many of them poke in or out and have weird colors and ive had many of them for years and theyve barely faded at all so im kinda worried that it would be impossible to make it look like anything other than a failed cover up attempt :|

for getting tattoos over the parts that are mainly scar tissue I recommend getting one that's not too intricate? I'm covered in scars myself from self harm (almost a year and a half clean go me), so far I've only got two tattoos, and one of them is over a lot of the scars on my stomach, it doesn't make the scars completely vanish, as you can still see the raised ones, but the ink goes over them fine and although I can still see them it makes me feel more confident about them? Near the bottom of my instagram (@ dxgwalk) there's a picture of my tattoo just after it was finished if you want to see how it looks over scars?

also before you get a tattoo over scars please wait for them to fade first!

Here. My mom's scar has really deep areas and the shading they put on it makes it look flater. In that link you can see some deep scars and some pokey out ones too that they've done a really good job covering, with shading and highlights they can do wonders!

I currently have 2 tattoos, butterfly and flowers on left fore arm and a Phoenix on right calf.

-What tattoos do you have and where? I have a tree of life on my left bicep, a Pikachu eating an apple on my chest, and a book and quill tattoo on my right forarm.
-What tattoos do you want and where? I want to get a succulent tattoo on my right shoulder, a mouse curser tattoo on my ankle, and a coffee heartbeat tattoo on my left wrist.
-Are you against tattoos? For tattoos? For, obviously.
-What do you think of tattoos in the work place? I think they should be allowed.
-Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal? Hopefully.
-Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos? Not at all.
-If you got one did it hurt? Yes, it kinda felt like getting scratched by a cat, but it wasn't too painful. Except for the one on my chest. That thing is never getting touched up.

i love tattoos and while i don't have any right now i hope to get some eventually. i'm pretty fickle so i haven't settled on a design yet.

What tattoos do you have and where?
Here's pictures of mine
TW 3 contains self-harm scars
First / Second / Third / Fourth (Left one, right is my husbands) / Fifth

What tattoos do you want and where?
Beatrix Potter one going down my left arm, and I 100% want a red squirrel somewhere

I just wanted to say I really like your semi-colon tattoo. I kinda have one, too. My book and quill tattoo says "Wr;te On" on it with the semi-colon in place of the I.

-What tattoos do you have and where?
None.

-What tattoos do you want and where?
None.

-Are you against tattoos? For tattoos?
Don't care.

-What do you think of tattoos in the work place?
In the military or other blue collar, hard labor jobs, I don't care. But if you're in a white collar job and need to look presentable, I think tattoos are a hindrance.

-Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal?
I think they already are, but some people don't like them and that's okay.

-Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos?
I'd prefer them to be hidden.

Last edited:
I don't have any tattoos but i would like a few one day. i hope the first one I get will be something to cover up this brown spot/birthmark on my arm that i hate so much, though I'm not sure what I want to do with it. While i don't think i could be with someone who is covered in a a whole bunch of tattoos (about half or more of their skin covered, out of personal preference) I'm otherwise all for them! theyre awesome to look at, and even in workplace i think it's becoming more acceptable (at least, in creative fields). I heard somewhere that some employers don't mind if their employees have a tattoo or some, because it appeals to a youthful/modern crowd, but when it comes to something really high-end, I think they should remain covered. though I'm from the US so it's totally normal and common to see people with tattoos. In the few asian countries where tattoos are actually illegal, to me, that is abnormal.

I just have a small one on my wrist going parallel to my arm instead of across it. What it is is personal. I would want perhaps another small one, probably pictorial this time.

I am... for? tattoos. I guess, not that I would encourage people to get them. Ideally, all stigmas around tattoos would be removed, including all stereotypes, and work places wouldn't discriminate at all. But you can't really remove stigmas when it's the same kind of people who get the same kinds of tattoos (and I mean those huge skull and bones type of stuff).

I do think that some work places ought to have policies regarding the kind of tattoo, what's displayed in it, its size, etc. on visible tattoos in the work place - a lot of tattoos are very... exaggerated & crass as things are now, & so very unprofessional. Because of this, it seems that any tattoo gets a bad rap, which isn't good.

Last edited:
Had my third done yesterday. :D Translates to "live your dream".

Qlg9ck6.jpg

none lol
probably lots of floral/natural tattoos in colour across torso (back+front) and upper legs/arms
Are you against tattoos? For tattoos?
i think people should do what they want with their body
What do you think of tattoos in the work place?
really couldn't care less, it's their personal life not mine
Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal?
probably, just another thing ain't it
Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos?
if theresa may revealed some tramp stamp i'd respect her
If you got one did it hurt?
n/a

I don't have any hehe

MAYBE I want a tattoo of the big dipper, because my dad used to always say that when I missed him I could look up at the stars, find the big dipper, because he'd be there. He passed away 4 years ago.

Are you against tattoos? For tattoos?
I mean it's none of my business what people do to their bodies so :)

What do you think of tattoos in the work place?
I think it's a little inappropriate in some work places, however I don't think you should think less of someone just because they have a tattoo as that says nothing about their knowledge.

Do you think tattoos will ever be accepted and considered normal?
I think we've come a long way already! Depends on the community you're in I guess.

Would you mind a leader of a country to have tattoos?
No, except for maybe when their face is full of tattoos.

I've got four and I want a ton more rofl. A gecko design i drew out on my wrist, a star on my finger, moomin and snorkmaiden on my right shoulder and a star on my left shoulder on the back.

Tattoos are a huge thing for me and my brother, we're really into them. He's the one who did my finger, and i'm really excited to get my next one. I'm planning on doing a Moomintroll sleeve for my right arm and an internet cat sleeve for my left arm.

Tattoos are so great tho, aaahhhh. Piercings and tattoos keep me happy tbh. I want tons.

I don't have any tattoos but I've always wanted to get a galaxy one. Where it looks like a galaxy is inside me, with "ripped" flesh and such showing a colorful universe. and have it start as a sleeve on my right arm and spread across my back to my left arm as a partial sleeve, ending at my left elbow in a more "ripped" ragged look. I also want a chest piece, though I'm not sure of what, maybe a eyeball with galaxy-print wings? idk lol

I don't have a tattoo. My mother has a tattoo of Piglet from Winnie the Pooh on her leg.

My sister, who does theater lighting, has a tattoo of a lightbulb on her arm.

Back