• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Puzzle league or Island escape?

Aubrey895

Islander Lyric of Lily Cove
Apple 🍎
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
Which is your favorite? I actually really like island escape. I don't really like the other. You? Also...Don't you get something if you get a high score? Idk I feel like I heard that...could be wrong.

Island Escape. Puzzle League is way out of my league....get it? No. Okay. XD

But seriously, Puzzle League is fun, don't get me wrong. But I just don't enjoy it much. It gets kind of boring easily and it's a bit hard, even on the easy levels. I like the special moves, but unless they're with an amiibo, there's no real good use for them. Island Escape is my favorite out of the two. It's super cute and it's even cuter watching your villagers go around the island gathering items for their escape. I love how each species has their own unique ability like the Lone Wolf and the Chef. It's super cute :3

Last edited:
Island escape is way better. I enjoyed puzzle league a bit but as other people said it gets boring fast. There's so much more to do on island escape.

Island Escape, just because Puzzle League is confusing AF. I thought I got the hang of it, but then nope I lost anyway.

That said, I can't even get the required amount of points for the first level of Island Escape so ╰(*?︶`*)╯

I like both. I'm really good at match 3 games and while I wish I could use my stylus instead of the D pad, it's still as fun. I like the island escape too but freaked out a bit when they had centipedes as 'enemies'. Nonononooo!

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee me some puzzle league!!

Puzzle league never makes me mad, island escape definitely makes me mad at times.

I like both but I prefer Island Escape because I can play as my villagers and see which ones work well together.

Haven't played either much but definitely prefer Desert Island Escape, I win more than I lose. (I'd win more times if I chose my characters better)

Puzzle League, I'm hampered by the controls and the need to use the D pad, not sure if there is another way to move the blocks.
I would be much better at it if I could use the stylus/touch screen.

Is there another way of playing apart from the D pad?
Not helped as I'm playing on my oldest 3ds XL and its creaky to say the least.

I like puzzle league more just because it doesn't cost play coins. If Island Escape was free, it would win by a ton, but considering each round costs 6 play coins, no thanks.

I like Island Escape rather than Puzzle League. I just like findng the parts of the raft inorder to escape than playing a puzzle game. It's more different.

Puzzle league! because it's the only one I have at the moment. Honestly though for an animal crossing minigame it's actually really hard. I'm finding it difficult to get past the last showdown with Tortimer since I always panic at the last minute when my score keeps getting lower and lower. After that I started turning the volume down, because the music when you're almost out of time always makes me panic and then I can't find any pairs, haha. I feel like i'd like island escape more and find it a little easier, but that doesn't really sound like the case. I really want to play it though! Too bad to put your own villagers in the game you have to buy an amiibo card or spend meow coupons.

I'm sO awful at puzzle league (I can't pass the first villager in story mode so I haven't unlocked anything EXCEPT story mode !!), but I haven't played Island Escape yet. I expect I'll like it better.

I like the prizes from Puzzle League more, but I like playing Desert Island Escape more. I think it's cute. PL just stresses me out.

I prefer Desert Island Escape, I enjoy trying different villager combinations to beat each map and improve my score.

Back