Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
Do you use your actual name for your Mayor? I usually don't. But I actually did this time. So curious. Do you?

In previous games I always have, but this time I went for a whole theme and everything, naming my Mayor "Selene", the goddess of the moon in Greek mythology. Fit with the whole dark, night time theme I want to achieve.

Yeah, I use my real name! But since my actual name is too long, I just use my nickname "Giully". I also go by Ouma now, so if I ever get a second copy, it's gonna be Mayor Ouma in that one!

Bloom, which is part of my username. There's a lot of flowers in the town,too, so I figured it would be a fitting name.

No, I never. You can be literally anyone you want to be. I think it's fun to be someone other than yourself.

The name I went with was Chip after the teacup character in Beauty and the beast because my town's name is Teacup and I thought it sounded cute.

In one town, yes. I've had so many towns and mayors and varmints, I get a little mixed up sometimes. I may be old but I can still remember my own name. (for now)

I use my actual name for my mayor. Sometimes i've wanted to use another, but I just go with my own because I feel like it gives me more of a connection to my villagers tbh. Also, I feel like if I choose a different name I may end up not liking it, so I don't wanna risk starting my town over because of that and since my name is my name, I can't really argue with that.

I use my actual name for my mayor. Because i don't feel right when i'm using a name that is not me! But if i had a second copy of the game, i would maybe use a name i made~up! :)

in my previous town i did but my mayor's name is orianna now from a different game. :)

This is embarrassing, but when I was in middle school my friends and I all picked japanese names. My was Takara. Even now, 12 years later, there are still people who call me that. And I've used it for most every game I've played, including Animal Crossing

Nope, I don't like my name all that much so it's nice to not have to see it plastered all over a game I'm playing.

I use my real name but different for my alternate characters depending on the theme :) I've seen people use different names of their mayor for their theme though

I really like having my mayors name match the theme of my town.

I have fun thinking of perfect mayor names to go with matching town names.

But it feels very genuine when people use their IRL name - they really are the mayor!

i used my real name when i first started because i wasn't creative enough to come up with anything else, and i also didn't realize it was common to come up with a different name. i quickly grew to hate my decision lmao but with the help of hacking!! i was able to change it to another name after like 2 years and i feel like it really helps my town come together. it's actually the same as my username, but without the period obviously. for my second town, i've had it in my mind to make it an autumn, forest town so i wanted to choose a name that matches that. i ended up choosing ivy, which i really like!

Last edited:
Back