Your mayors name?

It's not usually my style to name a character using my actual name but this is one of those games that feels more personal if you use your name because you're making your own town. Not Link's, Mario's or any default hero name's town. It's your town. Playing AC feels like having a second home.

i picked my name because i wanted to be the mayor. all of my villagers are also named mimi. i don't have any friends and my sisters thought that i could use the game to give me people to talk to so now i have 9 villagers who i can talk to and send letters to and i can use my bulletin board as a diary. if i used another name, it wouldn't be me it would be a character i was using and i don't need that

I don't normally use my own name for any game/game board; in this game my Mayors are generally named after my past pets (no pets currently).

Except for one town - I named the Mayor my husbands real name, my real name is the first alt and the town is a real place I knew as a child. But it feels odd/funny peculiar somehow.

Nah, I dont really use my real name as I personally don't find it that interesting, as when you hear it everyday it can be kinda refreshing to be called some thing else in game.
I find coming up with names for your mayor or alts really cool- although might be time consuming- and when finding that perfect name feels so good!

I prefer to use alternative names for my mayor and OCs, mainly because I use them to tell a story and I feel the names are fitting for them.

I used the name 'Hana' because i'm quite fond of the name, but it's no where near my real name lol.

Yeah, I usually use my nickname. It just feels more natural to me than picking something I'm not used to being called. Unless my town is themed and the mayor has a role or an identity and isn't intended to represent me to begin with.

I usually use my nickname as my mayor's name and that's quite okay.. I've never used my real name in any game or social media.
But I also like to use names from books I like. :)

I used my nickname for my mayor character's name. To be honest... I am so bad at thinking of names to name characters. :/ I picked my nickname because it was much easier for me to decide on a name. It would have taken me forever to pick a name for my mayor if I hadn't chosen my nickname. I even struggled with naming my second character and just decided on the name Melvin since it was the first name that popped up.

Back