• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

Blue Roses?

twopercentmilk

Friend of Friends
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So I made multiple hybrid red rose from orange and white rose patches and put them together, but my hybrid reds aren't making any blues, but only more reds? Are blues just really rare to breed in general, or am I just unlucky/doing it wrong?

Thank you for your time. If anyone has any tips for me, they'd be greatly appreciated.

They're really hard to breed on your own, but they breed like crazy once you have two of them. It's sooo much easier just to buy some from someone on here.

Okay... Let me say this: Blue Roses are stupid hard to breed from scratch. That said, let me give some tips:

-When getting hybrid reds, try only using Orange Roses that were bred from other orange roses, and Purple roses from other purples.
-Any red roses you get from the hybrid reds may not necessarily be hybrid reds themselves, so move them away from the garden.
-Try to get at least 12 Hybrid reds to breed with, and spread them out in a checkerboard circle. That way, you'll get extra chances that a Blue will spawn.
-Use the beach to breed them, or on a place where villagers won't try to walk on them.
-If you use fertilizer, dig and bury it in a fashion that does not 'push' a rose down. I theorize that pushing a flower induces stress that prevents the hybrid process.
-The Gold Shovel is your best bet to make them spawn. Only when I got that item did I ever get a blue.
-Make sure you only water the hybrid reds, and no other flower.

Hopefully this helps. Understand that Hybrid Reds can create every rose color except gold ones, and that Blue Ones are rare to get from them.

Yeah, I have a field of hybrid red, and spent over 200k on fertilzer.
STILL no Blue Roses. o_O

I tried for a month and gave up when the flowers started spreading like a plague. It is 100x easier to buy two from someone on here and breed those two together. I started off with two, and now I have over 60!

I bought some here, but wanted to do it from scratch, so I sold them, and bred my own orange and purples.

It took me over 2 in-game months to get even one to sprout under the right circumstances, but yes, they're just really rare.

Once you have two, though, they start spreading like crazy.

Okay... Let me say this: Blue Roses are stupid hard to breed from scratch. That said, let me give some tips:

-When getting hybrid reds, try only using Orange Roses that were bred from other orange roses, and Purple roses from other purples.
-Any red roses you get from the hybrid reds may not necessarily be hybrid reds themselves, so move them away from the garden.
-Try to get at least 12 Hybrid reds to breed with, and spread them out in a checkerboard circle. That way, you'll get extra chances that a Blue will spawn.
-Use the beach to breed them, or on a place where villagers won't try to walk on them.
-If you use fertilizer, dig and bury it in a fashion that does not 'push' a rose down. I theorize that pushing a flower induces stress that prevents the hybrid process.
-The Gold Shovel is your best bet to make them spawn. Only when I got that item did I ever get a blue.
-Make sure you only water the hybrid reds, and no other flower.

Hopefully this helps. Understand that Hybrid Reds can create every rose color except gold ones, and that Blue Ones are rare to get from them.

Thank you for this, it's mad helpful. I'll take note and try to build my hybrids around this.

Thanks to everyone else who responded as well!

Back