• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Started City Folk for the first time!

Mythicalhoopa

despacease your actions
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Tulip
Cherry (Fruit)
Mint
Leif
Kirby Easter Egg
Flea
Lobo
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Winter Mittens
I decided to check the game out from the library because, why not? I started it up and after I finished with Rover, I moved to the lovely new town of Cornball. I found out that my town fruit was oranges (like my NL town!) and that my villagers are Cookie, Biskit, Mott, Sydney, Gwen, and Wolfgang, who also lives in my NL town! I've gotten to the point where I'm done working part-time at Nook's Cranny. Next time I get on, I'm going to get bells to pay off my staggering home loan! I've never gotten the chance to visit the actual city itself yet, but next time I go on, I will make sure to do so.

Good luck with your town in City Folk! The music in the city is very pretty(haha, a rhyme), and it's most of the stores all in one place.

Also, if you haven't already, get a nunchuck accessory so you can move your character without pointing to the screen. :)

I just recently started as well. I named my character after my real self (since the Wii isn't just mine. Won't reveal the name) and the town is called Suodon (pronounced sew-oh-don). The starter villagers are Jay, Camofrog, Queenie (who is also in my first GCN town), Aurora (also in my first GCN town right now), Bones and Ruby. The native fruit is pear (finally, a native fruit that isn't apples, cherries or peaches). I have finished the part-time job and so far I have caught a few bugs and fish and donated some to the Museum and others I sold at Nook's Cranny. I have done a few errands for some of my villagers as well. In my opinion, this game has the best graphics in the series. I really like how the villagers look around when they are idle, rather than just looking straight forward (something which New Leaf lacked). It adds to the immersion of the game. I really love how Rover is treated in this game; this was his best appearance since he barely appears in the other games. This is the only game in the main-series to run at 60FPS so the game ran far more smoother and faster than any other game in the series (GCN runs at 30FPS on NTSC and 25FPS on PAL. Wild World runs about 25FPS max but is prone to dropping. New Leaf and Happy Home Designer run at 30FPS. amiibo Festival may have also ran at 60FPS but I'm not sure). Already I am starting to like this game more than New Leaf and heck even the GCN game (which was my previous favourite).

Last edited:
I love this thread!

I love my City Folk town. I've had it maybe 2 years? I had a different town on the Wii a few months after City Folk came out.

My villagers right now are:

Kiki
Chow
Gabi
Del
Midge
Bud
Axel
And Clyde - my next door neighbor.

My house is near the Museum. It's a great map!
My native fruit is cherries - I have gotten all the other fruits from writing letters to villagers.

I hope other people share who is in their town.

One of my villagers in my town is thinking of moving out. I told them not to go, but they said they'll have to 'ask' first. Apparently, you have to keep telling them to stay everyday of the week to get them to stay, otherwise they will move out once a week has passed. This is going to worry me since I'm very busy mostly so the chances of a favourite villager moving out is very high.

One of my villagers in my town is thinking of moving out. I told them not to go, but they said they'll have to 'ask' first. Apparently, you have to keep telling them to stay everyday of the week to get them to stay, otherwise they will move out once a week has passed. This is going to worry me since I'm very busy mostly so the chances of a favourite villager moving out is very high.

I kept asking Bluebear not to move out but I guess I didn't ask for an entire week.

I'll never get her back now. I will try that next time someone asks so thanks for this post!

Back