• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ever been to the wrong town?

idiotdoomspiral

=__=
Apple 🍎
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Alyse
Pink Crescent Moon
Moon Bunny
Yellow Crescent Moon
Ocean Pearl
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Red Super Star Trophy
uh
i just did
went to pick up some items and assumed the one there was their town
i just saw two pink haired kids
i was going to type "is this the wrong town" and then "im so sorry"
but before i could do any of that they just ended the session
i feel like im going to die soon

me! it was the WORST! EVER! i was supposed to visit someone else but i just went to some other town??? but they didn't even care?? like nobody ran up to the station to see who this random person was??? i could have been a hacker for all they know?? anyway i just stood there for a couple minutes thinking i was in the right town and then i realized and i screamed and then i left.

never again.

Last edited:
I'm literally feeling so much second hand embarrassment for you rn. I've never done it because i'm scared of doing the exact same thing you described, so I always double check a couple of times or ask which town i'm going to. But I can imagine it being really embarassing tbh.

Haha, I've nearly done it but I always double check the profile/post before taking the train.

Someone did it to my town earlier today lol. That's just bound to happen when a lot of people are playing at the same time

It's never happened to me, and hopefully it still doesn't but, I'm a dork and can overlook things.

Yes it happened to me, once or twice actually, some people have the same town's name sometimes, like Hyrule.
More people came to my town by accident, once someone dropped bags of money and disappeared before I could say anything.

I've done that before, but it wasn't awkward or anything, I just apologised and went to the right town and no one cared lol.

It's unlikely that you'll ever see or recognize those people in real life so I'd say it's not a big deal ;)

i've done it once, but the girl was really nice about it and she thanked me for visiting

I have lol I'd added a lot of people for trading at the time to the point that my friend list was almost full. 3 different towns were open and I was pretty sure at the time that I picked the right one, but when I arrived all I got was "uhh... what are you doing here?"

I just said "sorry, wrong town!" and left xD

Me! I've accidentally visited someone's town while a few people were putting down a path. Its been about a year and I'm still kinda embarrassed about it

Yes lol. It's so awkward. Someone has also accidentally visited me. Lol started dropping items. Told him I think he had the wrong town.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had a wishlist thread and I had multiple trades going on at once so I got confused. Luckily they understood and didn't make a big deal about it. Now I ask everyone if they're (insert TBT username) just to make sure I'm in the right town.

Well it never happened to me but some few person has done it
Where they enter my town and they were not going to my town
It's Just my gate where open for other I was waiting on
XD

I've never been in the wrong town, because I'm a hermit and I don't go anywhere without triple checking. But I've had lots of people drop by when I had my gates open for trade. One nice player gave me some perfect cherries. I left her +feedback because I knew who it was on TBT.
What's worse is having your gate open and getting someone you don't recognize..."who from where?! I guess I have this person added, but who knows who this is..." but I have like 60 people added, that doesn't help! I wish I could add notes to fc cards for TBT names.
I usually end up acting squirrely and asking stupid questions about what specifically they're here to do.
They probably think I'm crazy.

And they'd be right.

I've done that before, but it wasn't awkward or anything, I just apologised and went to the right town and no one cared lol.

It's unlikely that you'll ever see or recognize those people in real life so I'd say it's not a big deal ;)

That's what I'd do too. I don't quite understand why people feel so mortified about it? It's an honest easy mistake to make.

I have done it before and have been dc'ed before I could say anything. I would have just said oops and left again, but whatever.

I've made this mistake twice lol It's suuuuuper awkward. That's why I always double check now before I go to another town lolol

Back