• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Playing with Opposite Gender?

Do You?

• Yes!

Votes: 42 68.9%
  • No.

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
Not really, most of the time I do female characters, I think ACNL is the first game I have made a non-female character and that's because I wanted a femme male as my mayor. I like, especially in fighting games and stuff, to make female bad ass characters cause I love watching my boss babe defeat the monsters and the patriarchy all at once. ^u^

In games like Pokemon where you choose a gender from the beginning to stick with, no. Which is why I'm so frustrated that they are releasing Gold/Silver but not Crystal to VC. =/

It can vary a bit for me, but I'll usually pick whichever I like best. I mean, by deafault, I'll usually go for the male character, as I try to project myself into the game I'm playing, but that doesn't mean I won't pick the female character now and again. When I first played gen 4 pokemon, I picked Dawn, because I was watching the anime at the time, but I stupidly misspelled it Don!

Also, when it comes to games with predermined characters with different abilities (team shooters, fighting games etc.) I pick whatever resonated with me best. Although I suppose my general play style preference might end up making me more likely to pick a female character, because I either play as the giant tanky brute, or the fast technical character.

Not when I can help it.
As a girl when I can play as a girl I will. But some many games you have to play as a boy. XD

If it's choosing a character from a ballot then I'd just choose whoever looks cool. If I'm making my own character then I usually pick female on my first run.

I play with guys too as long as they dont shake down my perfect trees down by accident.. my boyfriend did that once but i forgave him

With things like ACNL and the newer Pokemon games I don't, I imagine it's because I'm trans anyway and it's nice to get to express myself in a way I see myself more freely in games like this. In stuff like overwatch with already fleshed out characters I of course will though since it's more about playstyle where they're concerned!

As a male, I like playing the female characters a lot. If the style is good, I would play female characters when there is gender choice.

i don't mind playing as male characters. but if i have a choice, i will play as a female.
sometimes i feel like guys play as female characters because they're hot or have big tiddies

plus, have u ever played as a girl in runescape or roblox

123 for hot gf

Gotta be honest, I was expecting a different thread based off the title because hell yeah I'd play with the opposite gender more because dudes are salty.

But when it comes to player characters, I tend to just stick with a guy. Never really picked the opposite aside from maybe a second copy of Pokemon. If Mass Effect 3 didn't sour my experience with the series though I might have done a "Femshep" playthrough since a lot of folks praise Jennifer Hale's voice acting.

I rarely do. I usually always like the female design better than the male one. However, in Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons, I'm always male because I always like the female bachelorettes better than the bachelors.

It depends on the game but just go with whatever you feel like or would have a better experience many people do a gender swap for x reasons lol

Not in Animal Crossing or Pokemon (I feel a more personal connection to those games), but on games like Mario Kart, sure!
At first I thought you meant playing with someone of the opposite gender in multiplayer.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gotta be honest, I was expecting a different thread based off the title because hell yeah I'd play with the opposite gender more because dudes are salty.

But when it comes to player characters, I tend to just stick with a guy. Never really picked the opposite aside from maybe a second copy of Pokemon. If Mass Effect 3 didn't sour my experience with the series though I might have done a "Femshep" playthrough since a lot of folks praise Jennifer Hale's voice acting.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, playing games like Animal Crossing and Mario Kart with girls has been a lot more enjoyable than with guys for a long time. I'm not trying to be stereotypical, but yeah, a lot of guys can be so immature about some of the most stupid things...

Yeah, I'll do it occasionally. I've mostly done it in Terraria though.

I do! For Pokemon games I usually look forward to playing as the male character on the other version. For example I'll play as Selene on Moon and Elio on Sun.
In ssb4 my main is a male.
For Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons then it depends. If I prefer the bachelorette's design, I'll go with the male route, and vice versa. tbh just give me same sex relationships and I'll be happy.
If a game doesn't have a gender route and gives me a mc that's male I wouldn't mind either. :)

I usually play as male. One of my secondary New Leaf characters is female though, it's funny to see the small changes in dialogue with the NPCs.

It kind of depends on what type of game for me. Usually if it's a game where the character is an avatar or something then I'll play as female, but if it's a game where the character is their own character then I'll generally go for whatever character I think is coolest, which is generally male tbh.
I don't really mind either way honestly

Femshep is amazing and comes off as way more badass than Mark Meer. I usually play male characters in video games (since I'm a dude too) but have rolled female toons as well depending on the game. Doesn't hurt to mix it up.

Back