Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters

Flare

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7087-8935-1983
Do you like playing with the opposite gender of what you are every once in a while?

I don't mind it, sometimes there are times where I would play with the Female more than the guy like in Pokemon Platinum I would pick Dawn and would pick May in Omega Ruby, Rosalina and Luma could count as they are my Mains (though Luma is Male) in Smash, but overall I wouldn't mind picking the Female every once in a while! ;)

Last edited:
9 times on 10, I play with a male character, and sometimes a female character (depends on the design and options). On Animal Crossing my main character is female, she's like a virtual daughter to me, I also have a male character.

*I'm supposedly a girl btw...

Last edited:
I know a lot of guys who play as female characters but I don't know many girls who play as guys

Yeah, before I used to play as the male character for fun.. and pretty convincing for some reason, haha, not many people believed I'm female so yeah. Now I usually go with female ones because they have better clothes most of the time.

It depends on the game. If it's like an avatar kind of character I'll most likely choose a male character. Examples include Harvest Moon, any MMO, Sims, Skyrim, Fallout, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, etc. If it's a game where a female is their own character I'll play as them a lot. Examples include fighting games like Injustice 2, Smash Bros series, Mario series, Hyrule Warriors, etc.

Never, actually. I'd much prefer to go with my actual gender and then customise them the opposite gender if I feel the need to.

If it's a character creation 'role play' kinda thing, most of the time I'll go with a female character.

I dunno why. Possibly because I'm not one for self inserting myself as the main character into things, and a female avatar helps to make that distinction between me and the character. I get more into the 'role' rather than just 'playing a game'.
I also think women tend to have the better customisation options and I care way too much about making my character look nice. Visuals > Stats

Pokemon and Animal Crossing are the only games I can really think of where I've gone with a male for whatever reason...Probably because I like the idea of surrounding myself with fluffy animal friends.

If it's a game with pre existing characters, it depends on the characters. I'm not going to pick somebody "because girl" if they play like crap.

Saying that though, I still end up using/maining a female character a lot of the time. Taokaka, Noel, Cassie Cage, Raven, Tira, Talim, Lucina, Ibuki, Sakura, Mercy, D.VA, Ana...If I went through every game I play, there probably isn't one where I don't 'main' at least one female character, but there's at least a couple where I don't use the guys at all.

Nah, I never play with the opposite gender but only because i've never liked the male option more than the female. I main mostly female characters in overwatch i'll admit, but that's only because I find them the easiest to control. I would like to become better at Genji someday though.

Last edited:
the only time i think i've played as the opposite sex is in harvest moon when the girls were much cuter than the boys but recently they've been upping their game so i'll usually play as a girl in one file and a boy in the other

- - - Post Merge - - -

of course it'd help if they just let us have same sex relationships lmao

I play with the opposite gender in ACNL. There's nothing wrong with it. It's fun actually.

Last edited:
do,,,,do people make a fuss out of playing a character of the opposite gender....just pick a character you like jfc
73f654b55c52f8d108d772f8fc2e7992.jpg

Sometimes but most of the time I pick the female character because their clothes/armor and overall design looks better

i try to do it sometimes, but it always feels like i'm lying to myself and i can't take it. if there isn't a choice, okay, but if there is i tend to go female.

In ACNL I play male, but I like to make him pretty gender neutral.
A few years ago I always played female, but recently play only male. The only issue I ever have is when relationships come into play, such as in Harvest Moon. But I find ways to work with what I've got. Just don't play those games

Nah, it always sucked being forced to play the opposite gender as a kid, nowadays I won't even pick up if the character that's supposed to represent myself entirely can't be female.

I have but I like to play as my actual gender. Depending on the game, it's for dress up reasons most the time.

If it's a game like ACNL where I can make multiple characters, I like to have an even split of male and female, but I usually go with female as the main. Same with most RPGs

Back