Can you change your accent?

I have intentionally awful British and Australian accents. I decided to make stupid banter while playing Xenoblade Chronicles, I made Shulk's accent worse and Reyn became an Aussie.

"Crickey bloomin' onion prawns on the barbie, Shulk!"

I can do a decent British accent, but only after I've been listening to someone else's for a while lol. For example, I used to watch a show called Misfits. I binge watched a few seasons and after watching it, my imitation of a British accent was pretty spot on. But I haven't watched anything like that recently so I'm sure if I tried now my British accent would be garbage lol

yes. not very well, but yes.

i dont know why people are so obsessed with british accents. if you heard a real british accent you would hate us forever

I learned to speak English with a British accent because I went to a British schooling system for 13 years (I'm Korean and we spoke Korean at home that's why it was super weird lol) Then I went to an American high school and gradually switched.. and by the time I finished college my accent was pretty much Americanized and irreversible. People think I'm American when they meet me. However, i still pronounce certain words the British way?? But honestly i don't know what my accent is... it's a mix of everything. I can also blend in with the Malaysians here, my manglish is pretty good now :'D to be honest it has ruined my spoken English a little ._.

Last edited:
I can change my accent, sure.

in my head :')
what I sound like in my mind never equates to what I sound like speaking out loud

I'm actually pretty good at accents??? I think I got my talent from mocking my siblings fairly frequently lol, but I can do British, Boston, southern, Australian, etc. My Matthew McConaughey is pretty on point as well ;)

I can, but not sure if it sounds like an accent that actually exists?

not really?? when i was younger i used to do an english accent here & there for fun, but i don't even attempt doing voices/accents now because i know i'm terrible lmao

I have a pretty "neutral" accent, but I can do British, Australian, Irish, Indian (speaking English, sorry), and Valley girl. :)

I can naturally slip in and out of an English accent since I'm half English and the majority of my family have English accents, but other than that I can't do much else.

If I wanted too, I could have done it in like, 2-3 Years?
I'm obviously fluent with English, just the norm.
Trying out french, trying to master the French Accent.
Other than that, I'm terrible at speaking, because I just realized that I have ASD, a.k.a Autism Spectrum Disorder (no one knows, but the symptoms match exactly what's happening to me)
But, For some reason, I just love to type. I hate talking to people though, makes me nervous and makes me want to crawl into a corner and bawl. (especially when I try to order Starbucks) ;-;

Last edited:
lived in england my whole life but can do a perfect california girl accent for no reason

Since I'm in a very mixed household, my accent actually changes from one to another?
Some people think I fake one then change it, but it's just my habits.

no my accent is terrible as it is. i could make it sound more swedish and terrible i guess but i don't want to do that ):
im really bad at speaking english bc im not really used to it and my pronunciation is crap even tho i usually know how it's supposed to be pronounced. i just suck at making the right sounds and i really don't think i would be able to pull off any accent in a convincing way

what do people mean when they say british? because like, scouse, cockney, mancunian - just three examples and they differ HUGELY in pronunciation and stuff. Like in the Greater Manchester area alone there's an accent from each metropolitan borough (10) that spans only 500 sq miles. So that's a lot of accents in a small area.

I presume ya'll mean queen's english or whichever geographical location the youtuber you're watching is from

- - - Post Merge - - -

and of course this also applies when people say "american", "german" accents etc.

Not really. I kind of reel in my use of local slang and speak more slowly when I'm talking to people from outside of Ireland, but I think my accent more or less stays the same.

Back