Old Eggs
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Jingle Christmas Doll
White Pansy
White Violet
Pavé
White Cosmos
Cake
I'm not sure which forum to post this on, so I'm really sorry if this is on the wrong one!

What are Bell Tree Collectibles for? I see them on people's sidebars often, but I have no idea what they're for.
They're always sold out and people sell them for really high prices, though.

So can someone please explain what they're for?

Thank you so much! :)

theyre just decorative, and are something fun to mess around with to have seasonal and/or harmonious displays under their avatars. ACNL has many fans that are collectors / completionists, and the collectibles here further satisfy those enthusiasts' gameplay interests. Also, some of the collectibles represent achievements here at the forums or participation in various events and contests, and some of them are exclusive to particular timeframes and are badges of honor of sorts to their owners re their longevity as members here.

theyre just decorative, and are something fun to mess around with to have seasonal and/or harmonious displays under their avatars. ACNL has many fans that are collectors / completionists, and the collectibles here further satisfy those enthusiasts' gameplay interests. Also, some of the collectibles represent achievements here at the forums or participation in various events and contests, and some of them are exclusive to particular timeframes and are badges of honor of sorts to their owners re their longevity as members here.

oh, that clears so much things up! thanks for the reply. :) you've got a lot of collectibles there, hehe.

I was wondering what they did as they aren't clickable.

Always sold out. o_O

Yeah, collectibles just scream IRL "collectors items" that technically have no purpose except for... well, collecting! Just imagine they're like baseball cards that costs thousands of dollars (or hundreds of thousands as the rarity increases), really good for nothing except to make you feel good that you have something valuable. x) Or, y'know, if you're more into the decorative side, that's another use too.

It's a risky action getting into harder-to-get collectibles especially during restocks or events, but if you're oh-so willing...
(Not that it's a bad thing, but you're going to have to compete with plenty of others, and that's a rollercoaster ride in itself my friends!)

As mentioned above, they're a symbol of status here. The rarer the collectibles in your sidebar, the more respected you are (or so we'd like to think). They're also just fun to look at as you browse around and post.

It's mostly aesthetic for me. I have tons of them and I hoard them admittedly. For me it's all about color to match my overall "theme" and you can find other people that do the same, some people like having really rare and old ones, which is why they go up in price, if they're limited or old they're more expensive.

There are seasonal ones that are only active during a short duration, like during Christmas there are lights, for Valentine's there's roses, and they only become active for you to display for usually the month of. They're only giftable so you have to buy them for other people and usually they will gift you one back, of course people get competitive even with that and want to be the one who gave the MOST gifts, usually you can find threads of people who want to gift them so they're pretty easy to get, and usually cheap too.

A lot of the holiday ones you earn as well, such as the candies, eggs, and wands, during site events. So you don't have to necessarily "pay" for them, you collect "points" to use towards them or get them for completing/winning events.

Back