Would you rather know when you die...or how you die?

Aubrey895

Islander Lyric of Lily Cove
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
Idk what I'd pick. I'd have an anxiety attack no matter what.

If I knew when I'd die I'd freak out because I wouldn't want that date to come.
If I knew how so say I'm gonna die in a car accident...I'd freak out anytime I got in a car.

I wouldn't want to know either way, and I am sure knowing would affect it either way because like you said you'd avoid the thing or end up stressing yourself out so much that you'd die sooner. So I rather not be in the know. Maybe if it was vague enough I could be ok with it. Like my friend's parents asked a Ouija board when they were going to die and it told them on New Years in a blue car. Almost all of the car they've owned have been blue, but thankfully they don't really go driving around on New Years. But I mean, that could be a New Years forever from now, or it could be this New Years. So I mean that'd be vague enough for me, or like if I knew I would die on a Tuesday, or the 2nd Sunday of some month. But yeah, all in all I would rather not know.

I don't think I'd want either piece of information, but the idea of knowing when I'd die would terrify me just a little less.

Yes and no. I don't know, I can see it both ways to be honest. Knowing when/how I'll die would be scary since I'll be counting down my final days but at the same time it's not a complete mystery anymore.

i'd rather not know anything about my death at all, but if i had to choose i guess i'd pick when rather than how. when would still mess me up, but at least i wouldn't be overly terrified of one specific thing. like if i knew i'd die in a car accident, i'd probably avoid cars at all cost and waste a lot of the time i had to live being afraid rather than actually living.

Tbh, I wouldn't wanna know either but if I had to pick probably how. I think knowing when would make me feel like everything I do is pointless, and I shouldn't bother doing anything life changing because I'm going to die on a certain day anyways. If my death could be prevented somehow because I know how I die, i'd probably try to prevent it.

Last edited:
I'd rather know when I die so I don't have to waste time with school and stuff :p

When so I can make the most of my time that I had left! If I knew how then I would develop an irrational fear and it could happen at any point in time, which would cause me to be a mess and never fully enjoy life! At least if I knew when I could plan to enjoy the time I had left so I wouldn't regret a thing!

i rather know how, if i knew when then i'd keep track of my life and limit myself, and i wouldn't let myself be free cause of the time restriction. like i probably wouldn't get married bc i would be too scared to leave my husband alone, or something like that. also i'd probably die like the laughing man tale, how he stayed indoors and waited for his death, but it never came so started laughing and died that way. if i knew how, i'd probably avoid a specific thing for a little bit, but then accept my death.

Well it would stress me out either way. I guess knowing when I die would be best because I would be able to live my life and enjoy it knowing when it'll all be over.

I would prefer not to know when or how I die but if I were to choose then I would pick to know how. If I knew when I would die then I'd just be too scared to do anything. I'll probably be paranoid about everything and not live out my life to its fullest. ; v;

Last edited:
I would celebrate a day before my death, putting up decorations, getting cake and alcohol, and a banner that says,"GOOD RIDDANCE TO ALL OF YOU! TIME TO F*** OFF!!:D

Last edited:
Neither. The fact that we don't know makes life so much more interesting. It's a good reminder that we should live everyday to the best we can.

I would rather not know. If I knew, I wouldn't be able to enjoy life and end up stressing out how to make the most of it. but if I had to choose, then I'd pick how I'd die. Neither sound like great options. :p

Back