Favorite older/classic book, favorite newer book.

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I'd rather read books because they're good, not because they're "trending".
Older as in 'not published in the last 10 years' to 'I have an 1836 copy of Robinson Crusoe'.
What's your favorite?
Older faves: too many
Newer faves: Holmes on The Range series

My top three favourite classics are Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell, Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, and The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

Tying with Nineteen Eighty-Four for my favourite book of all time is Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami.

My favourite newer books are countless thanks to eBooks saving me both money and space. I absolutely love Andrea Speed's Infected (and subsequent Mean Streets) series. I wouldn't say they're extremely well written but there is something absolutely addictive about them. Some other recent favourites are Chrysalis Corporation by T.A. Venedicktov, The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson, Kiss Me, Judas by Will Christopher Baer, Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas, and Stygian by Santino Hassell.

And given the context of the forum, should probably drop some great YA series: Crescent City Fae by Deanna Chase, Delirium by Lauren Oliver, The Selection by Kiera Cass, and Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. And I also binge-read both the The Lone City series by Amy Ewing and the Air Awakens series by Elise Kova last Christmas.

And who knows if they'll become favourites, but I'm currently bouncing between The Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong, Roses of May by Dot Hutchinson, and Touched by Elisa S. Amore.

I have a lot of favorite older books. I love old literature, especially Greek literature, so by old- I love the Iliad & Odyssey since they go hand-in-hand, Oedipus Rex (which I find bloody hilarious), and The Republic by Plato. The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli is also really interesting if you're into those kinds of stuff!

My favorite newer books are (obviously) all the books from the Percy Jackson universe (From Percy Jackson and the Olympians, all the way to Trials of Apollo). As you can tell, I'm really into Roman and Greek mythology. ^^ I also really love the Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, I recommend you read that once you've read the Iliad if you want to bawl your eyes out! Any book by Dan Brown is also super interesting- The Lost Symbol has got to be my favorite book of his to-date.

Lolita is always good, think i might have to re-read it at some point if I still have it. Probably not as old, but Almost Transparent Blue by Ryu Murakami is probably my favorite book regardless of categories.

The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa is also a real real good one. And literally anything by Jos? Saramago.

A Clockwork Orange is my older pick. I love the use of slang throughout the book. Oh! I also really, really like The Vet's Daughter by Barbara Comyns Carr. More than A Clockwork Orange, I think. Also love the Tarzan book series.

For newer books I really liked Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Louisa Clark's character really, really speaks to me and means a lot to me.

If anyone has a goodreads account we should add each other ^^ This is mine

Last edited:
My favorite classic has to be either To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf or The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins; they're both so, so good I have no words.

Newer book would have to be A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara/

jane eyre is probably my favourite 'classic', favourite newer book (and favourite of all time) is probably 'my dark places' although its not a recent book it is definitely modern

My favourites change almost by the day, but right now I think my fave classic is Little Women. I can't decide on a fave newer one though!

My favorite is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell but I really liked Jane Eyre too :)

Anne of Green Gables is my favorite classic. It has a whimsical yet charming wonder about it. I recently reread it to see if it was worth reading again as an adult and it certainly exceeded my expectations. I'm currently reading its sequel.

I have a goodreads account here if anyone's interested in adding me. I'm still filling it up with books I've read over the years. :)

Back