• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your favorite "Junk" game?

I'm actually really fond of Wii Sports Resort! the game modes are really quite fun with motion controls, and even though they're designed to be played with friends you can still have tons of fun on singleplayer. I could honestly play the island plane flyaround game for hours because it was so relaxing.

Tomodachi Life is another one that I enjoy quite a bit! I enjoyed the Scribblenauts games too, even there isn't much replay value.

oh! my biggest ones have to be the Pokemon spinoffs. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is one of my favorite franchises of all time, even though I always see used copies of Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky at game shops. I'm also a huge sucker for Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, though I have yet to get my hands on a copy of the original. I own Pokemon Conquest, too, which is fun. I really need to get back to it.

Last edited:
Family Party 30 Great Games
101 in 1
My Sims
Wii Music

I also like some older liscened games such as

Shrek the Third
Madagascar
Madagascar GBA
Spongebob Lights Camera Pants
Spongebob Creature from the Krusty Krab
Rugrats in Paris
Rugrats Scavenger Hunt
The Incredibles
Over the Hedge
Open Season
Phineas and Ferb DS
Wizards of Waverly Place DS
Kids Next Door Operation Soda GBA
Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends GBA
Jonas DS
Some Scooby Doo game I don't remember the name of

and probably a few others I don't remember

I don't know. o ^ o;

...uh... I guess Dragon's Dogma? There's a ton of them in any second hand game store I go to and I know almost nobody who's played it, but it's one of my favorite games of all time... It has everything I love in a game: great character creator, great crafting system, and hours of running around farming for ingredients and doing ***** quests (which i guess most people hate). Also I love the loosely defined and philosophical plot, feels kinda darksoulsy.

Mario Party: Island Tour. I don't think anyone thinks it's good, but it's one of my favorite games, especially playing with friends. Tanks A Lot is way better than the other minigames though

I really like Tomba! and Tomba! 2 idk if they are really junk games though. One junk game I like that's has to be a junk game is Spore Creature Creator on Nintendo DS.

I'd rather consider these hidden gems as opposed to junk games, but still:

- The Choro Q series, especially Road Trip Adventure (Choro Q HG2 in Japan). Road Trip Adventure had such a large world for a 2002 game (it was bigger than GTA 3's Liberty City and GTA VC's Vice City which were among the biggest maps in the gaming industry at the time).

- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. Best licensed game and one of my favourite platformers. So many references to the show as well as original ideas. I might as well say that it's somewhat better than Super Mario 64 or heck even Donkey Kong 64.

- The Simpsons Hit & Run. While a lot of people know about this game, it's still a classic that gets a some hate just for some of the unfair missions in the game. Despite those horrible missions, it's still very fun. Think of it as a toned down GTA.

- Mercury Meltdown. I had this game on the PSP. I can't seem to find it anywhere online. I don't know if anyone even likes this game. I remember having fun with it though.

- Worms 3D, Worms: Forts Underseige and Worms 4: Mayhem. These games are extremely underrated due to the amount of people who are too used to the 2D games in the series. Honestly, the 2D games have gotten stale and repetitive now. We need another original 3D Worms game.

- Kirby Air Ride. A lot of people know about this game yes, but it somehow got mediocre reviews just because of it being another racing game (this is why you shouldn't trust online reviewing sites such as IGN and IMDb; they suck so bad that I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my beer than read their god-awful, poorly written reviews). However, this was a unique racing game with a fun mechanic as well as an excellent City Trial mode.

imdb and rotten tomatoes are a bunch of douchebags anyways :v

Most worms games are real fun imo so yeah if people would consider that junk I guess :rolleyes:

yes the worms games are great

i also liked playing virtual villagers a lot, i think i played all of the games apart from the newest one

Last edited:
I love Klonoa 2 for the Playstation 2. I remember when I first played it at a friend's house all day, and then eventually finding the game on my own for $4.00 at an electronics store. I loved the soundtrack, and the level design!

Ones that come to mind:

Space Invaders Extreme (and EX 2).
River King Mystic Valley
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red (GBA)

1. HuniePop: I really like what they did with the Match 3 system, but the lewd theme makes it very awkward and you can't really go on to defend the game because the fanbase will never talk normally about the game.

2. Castaway Paradise: It's a ****ty Animal Crossing for the PC with absolutely no heart or character, but I'll be damned if I don't absolutely love customizing my character, leveling up and decorating my town in an AC fashion. They even made a knockoff Home Designer, so it's literally their only goal to get Animal Crossing fans to buy their products. And I love every ****ty second of it.

3. Every hidden object game ever: The whole genre is generally seen as junk in my experience, but I absolutely adore the mix of storydriven and casual puzzles. Each game will last for about 3-6 hours and with bundles you can get them for $0,50 or less per game. I own over 50 of them, played like 15 of them so far, and even though the good ones are all the same grim story with the same atmosphere, I'll continue loving them without a doubt.

Back