• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you Forgive Easily?

Do You?

• Yes. It's Not Hard.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • Somewhat. Can be difficult at times.

Votes: 74 59.2%
  • No. It's Hard.

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters

Flare

Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7087-8935-1983
Is forgiving someone a hard thing to do for you?

Personally, it's a difficulty for me, mostly because I hadn't had many good friendships with some and those "some" often ended in me feeling hurt and betrayed.

However, there's one exception to where I could apologize, I would talk about it but it's somewhat more personal to me. :eek:
However, it was indeed too painful and sad for me to experience...

Last edited:
It kind of depends on the person and how many times they made a mistake. If I get too attached to a person then I forgive them easily. If they start to annoy me then I jus ignore them to teach them a lesson and if they don't show any intent to save our friendship then it's bye-bye. I'm usually out going so I don't have a quick temper unless it gets really bothersome :)

It really depends on what it is. If it's nothing really important just for the sake of the friendship I'll let it go, but I do think it's important to talk about whatever is bothering you even if you do let it go. That way you can avoid holding grudges that build up resentment. If it's something like "oh you borrowed $5 and never gave it back" or "you broke my favorite mug" I can let that go.

I had a friend hit on my boyfriend after she knew we were dating and that I didn't forgive. And I wouldn't say I hold a grudge about it but I'm definitely not friends with her anymore.

Yes I do, it's too tiresome for me to stay mad at someone, but that doesn't mean that I will stay friends with them either.
It takes a lot to make me seriously mad or little if it's related to my family and pets.

I don't, and I'm trying to work on it. Usually though, if someone does something wrong it makes me think of their personality traits and attitude towards other things, which I usually don't agree with or like. It makes it really hard to forgive someone :\ of course I will give second chances and act friendly, but unless they really show other parts of themselves that outweigh what they did I don't think I can really forgive them fully.

I try to forgive but I end up just repressing my feelings and never fully being able to get over it. I wish I could really forgive people.

I feel as though I'm too forgiving. I will forgive anyone, even against my better judgement, even if I end up getting hurt. I hate that about myself really. I've forgiven people for things that would put them in jail. I'm just an idiot haha

Forgiveness is important, in my opinion. Not for the person you're forgiving, but for yourself. Harbouring negative emotions like that is bad for the soul.

EDIT: But that obviously doesn't mean you carry on with the person who did you wrong. Like, just as an example, if you were cheated on, you could forgive that person without staying in a relationship with them. Forgiveness is for yourself, not anybody else.

Last edited:
If they deserve it, yes. If not, then no. And I don't do the whole "forgive for your own sake" thing either. If refusing to forgive someone makes me bad in any way, then lol, aight. At least I know I care about myself enough to not "forgive" someone who did something horrific.

Depends by the amount of damage done and if the said person will grow/learn from the situation. I look at both sides of the situation and weigh in my values/feelings.

More likely I will choose to forgive but I won't forget.

It fully depends on the situation, there are some people in my past that what they did it me is unforgivable, but simple things I can forgive really easily. I don't hold grudges. This can kind of suck sometimes because I have had a guy in my past who would lead me on until the point we would ALMOST get together and then he'd go straight back to his ex, and every time he came back I forgave him and it happened again, and again... So I mean, it's not always a good thing to be so forgiving.

I forgive easily, but I voted somewhat because it is difficult. It isn't easy to look at someone who's hurt you and forgive them unless you naturally have a ginormous heart. I forgive just because it brings peace to myself. It's good to forgive someone, but it isn't good to let them disrespect you over and over.

No, if they don't admit their mistakes and apologize and yes, if they do. But I never forget.

I find it hard to forgive people unfortunately, but only if they really mean something to me, I take trust and promises so seriously but most of the time I wish I didn't ;-;

I forgive (if the person apologises sincerely), but I don't forget. I think holding grudges is a pointless and stupid waste of everyone's time, and I always try to see the best in people.

But at the same time, I am weary of those who already let me down before.

Last edited:
I used to forgive people so easily, mainly from when I was 12 to when I was 15.
But, shortly before my 16th birthday, I stopped being so easy to forgive. Now, it's the exact opposite-I can hold things against people for very long periods of time.

Back