A New Game: TT or No TT?

I would at least give it a try. I have one town that I TT in like crazy, and one town that I don't and let it form naturally. I'm really enjoying both, especially since I don't get bored so easily because that tends to happen when I play through it too quickly. What I do is I start up my non TT town and do the things I need to do, and then I go back to my main TT town and play and skip around dates if I want. But at the end of the day I just revert the 3ds clock back to normal so it's like nothing happened :p it's easier to maintain that way.

I would try this, if I had two game cartrigdes (or money). I'm the kind that gets bored with the need to play every day and progress being slow and steady. I like to be able to binge on games and play them for hours and hours on end, so I feel like Time Travel is right for me.

I haven't time travelled in my game, but I have done it recently using my nephew's game. I was baby-sitting for the weekend and wanted to experience Weeding Day in his long abandoned town. Anyway, turned out he'd only played for a couple of days before being bored and Leif hadn't turned up yet so I decided to TT one day at a time to unlock him.

By the end of the weekend, I'd enjoyed Wedding Day and got all the flower furniture which was great. I'd also upgraded Main St, including the emporium and Katrina.

It's definitely not a style of play I would want for every day as it would ruin the game for me, but it was fun to do it just for one weekend and to fulfill a specific aim.

tl;dr I wouldn't do it in my town, but I might do it in yours if I really wanted something. ;)

Last edited:
When I started my new game I tried to not TT. I only TT'd 1 day but I've set the time back recently. It's hard enough to stop buying everything I need over here on the forum haha, like bells and furniture. But really, just play the game like you want.

I've decided I'm going to try and play with Time Travel. I have a town theme, name and mayor name down, as well as a set of dreamies and a list of map features. Just gotta reset for a map now.
Thank you all for your wonderful input!

I TT in my cycling town, but not so much in my actual town. At the beginning of the game I do TT just to get things started (I TT for the QR machine, first nook upgrade, house upgrade, and island availability)

I must be one of the lucky ones, I got my ideal map first try! My town had been created and I've plopped down my house and everything.

Please welcome Mayor Selene to Cephius ^-^

I used to TT a lot, really. I always felt like time was going so slowly that I wanted to go on with the game. Lately, I haven't TTed at all, I want to enjoy Animal Crossing completely, day by day.

i love TT'ing because i am also impatient and i use it to move villagers out/in faster, build PWP's and house expansions faster, etc.

I can only play this game for like 15 minutes before I run out of things to do but if I TT then I could play for hours, the game is more enjoyable for me this way
Btw l love your profile pic :O

Last edited:
From my personal experience, the game loses its charm when I time travel, so I've quit doing so on my main town. Even though I have dirt paths, and I don't play during the school semesters so they all go away during fall winter and spring, I don't mind needing to remake them when summer rolls around. I always start new characters to ensure my villagers are still around though, and I've been lucky so far. I still time travel in my other towns, but I don't play them all that much, just mostly for extra storage and since the update, a way to get a lot of MEOW coupons really fast.

Ultimately, it's your decision of whether you want to start time traveling or not, but for me it takes the fun away. c:

I'd say tt if that makes you more interested.

Pros- not being bored
Always stuff to do
Easier

Cons- villagers might leave
Missing out on things
Missing out on takin it slow and relaxing
Might lose interest sooner because being done sooner
Less to look forward to

I time travel but it's to move villagers in or out. Having only 8 villagers annoys me too much.

Back