• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

A New Game: TT or No TT?

ItsMilkypink

In love with Gerard Way
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Red Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Hey everyone!

I've been feeling withdrawal recently from not playing AC in forever, and I'd like to start a new game, no doubts about it.

However, I've never really been able to play the game for extended periods, especially playing at a real-life pace. I eventually get bored after a couple months and put the game down.

So, my thought was, I could pick the game up again (especially since I broke my laptop and have nothing better to do) put play with TTing.

For those of you that do TT on the regular, would you recommend that style of play? What are the pros and cons for you? I've never TTed in a game myself, so would you advise against it at all?

Any and all input will be appreciated!
Thanks!
~ ItsMilkypink

I personally tt simply because I'm impatient. AC can occupy me for hours when I tt and I feel like I make more progress that way. I don't really have any cons except for the fact that sometimes I rush things and forget to do all my daily chores and by the time I remember it's already the next day lol. Also you have to be careful about villagers moving in and out because you may forget to plot reset and then get a villager in a really awful place. It's a totally personal choice! I personally like it but it's all up to you ^^

I personally tt simply because I'm impatient. AC can occupy me for hours when I tt and I feel like I make more progress that way. I don't really have any cons except for the fact that sometimes I rush things and forget to do all my daily chores and by the time I remember it's already the next day lol. Also you have to be careful about villagers moving in and out because you may forget to plot reset and then get a villager in a really awful place. It's a totally personal choice! I personally like it but it's all up to you ^^

This is what I want really. The ability to play for hours and hours on end. Not rushing anything, just being able to keep on playing. Plus, I want to be able to complete more faster - like you mentioned.

I personally don't like TTing because my achievements feel less valuable because I didn't actually put *real* time into it. Also, the game becomes a lot less stagnant when you're always anticipating more in the future instead of blazing through your content.

I personally don't like TTing because my achievements feel less valuable because I didn't actually put *real* time into it. Also, the game becomes a lot less stagnant when you're always anticipating more in the future instead of blazing through your content.

While I do agree with a lot of what you're saying, I have tried this play style so many times. I can't do it. It wares off too quickly for me. I have so much love in my heart for this game is wish I could just play for the absured length of (long term) time other players do. I want a completed house and shops and eventually town - things I've never achieved in this game.

I don't time travel because I feel like it ruins the gameplay. I play the game day by day; I like the slowness of it. It can be very repetitive and there are furniture I want only available during other seasons, but I don't want to rush things. I've been playing like this since the game released.

Everyone has their own gameplay style. Mine is slow and steady.

You could always try it out. That's the best way of finding out if it's for you!

I know it definitely isn't for me. Whenever I start TTing, I start obsessing over finishing my town. I just concentrate on the end result and achieving my goals and forget to enjoy the process and the small things. And they're what this game ultimately is about. There are many aspects you can miss out on if you TT too much or just concentrate on one thing. But I guess most people have more self-control than me when it comes to this. It should be fine as long as you don't go overboard.

I don't TT, but it's your game so play it however you want! I'd say the pros of TT'ing is that you have free reign over your shops, so you can visit them whenever you'd like instead of before a certain time. Another pro is that shops on mainstreet that require a condition to open up will open up quicker, and you won't have to wait a real life day or so.

A con is that it might detach you from the game and your villagers, because while you're TT'ing you still have to make sure that none of your favourites leave and so on so you may need to spam their interactions. Another con is that if you have the beautiful ordinance on, your town can get really messy, because flowers will spawn everywhere regardless if you want them or not.

I don't time travel unless I absolutely have to as it ruins the game for me but one of the best things about AC is that there's no right or wrong way to play it. Everyone's different so you do you :)

Last edited:
You could always try it out. That's the best way of finding out if it's for you!

I know it definitely isn't for me. Whenever I start TTing, I start obsessing over finishing my town. I just concentrate on the end result and achieving my goals and forget to enjoy the process and the small things. And they're what this game ultimately is about. There are many aspects you can miss out on if you TT too much or just concentrate on one thing. But I guess most people have more self-control than me when it comes to this. It should be fine as long as you don't go overboard.

I do plan to try and counteract this in that I'm gonna still play day-by-day, but time travel around rather than waiting to the next day if I've finished all I plan to do. :)

I have no qualms about time traveling. In fact, I usually partake because real time is so slow.

I just started a new town though that I won't TT in. I want to feel like my accomplishments in this town aren't rushed. It's slow but it's giving me time to really appreciate the day to day playing.

I say do what you want!

Personally for me I TTed when I restarted to get the villagers I wanted so I ended up making a few extra player characters, but i only TT when I absolutely have to. It is kinda tricky to TT when you have villagers you don't want to end up leaving so be careful about that.

TT is the tool of us the desperate people who can't wait to do something until tomorrow.

Actually i TT when i have a PWP or a Villager moving in. That's kind of refreshing for me, but when i want to take it easy and have just a hang out time and finish everything i have to do i stop the TT thing and start playing in Real Time.

I would at least give it a try. I have one town that I TT in like crazy, and one town that I don't and let it form naturally. I'm really enjoying both, especially since I don't get bored so easily because that tends to happen when I play through it too quickly. What I do is I start up my non TT town and do the things I need to do, and then I go back to my main TT town and play and skip around dates if I want. But at the end of the day I just revert the 3ds clock back to normal so it's like nothing happened :p it's easier to maintain that way.

In my main town I just TT if I'm late playing in the evening. For my guest town I do keep it running Late Feb to late September now. At the time it wasn't a real town and I TTed there all the time. It wasn't to get the shows unlocked or for PWP. It was just a spare town at the time for weeds and perfect fruit.

For two towns I did use the Gracie fashion one day check just to get all 4 done in one day.

You're going to get bored fast from what I've seen others say. I enjoy my day by day playing. :)

As someone that TT's in most of my towns (the new town of Angora being the exception) I can't really see a drawback. It let's you get things done faster and means that you can distribute your time how you want to. No waiting on a pwp to finish overnight or waiting months to get enough hybrids to landscape your town~ It helps a lot early game ^^

I don't really TT, but whatever play style you like best is up to you! I like playing day by day, no matter how tempted I am to skip to the next day. AC is very addicting to me, and I love to play it on hours on end. But I also like pacing myself. So I don't TT.

Back