• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Metroid appreciation thread

Psydye

music junkie, bookworm and Metroid fanboy
Bells
Switch
7007-0018-0241
Spring Sakura
Orange Heart Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Pink Balloon
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
How many people here are a fan of this awesome series? I personally consider it the best Nintendo Franchise yet, right before The Legend of Zelda series. I can't say I have a favorite game, I think damn near all of them are good(Yes, even Other M). Speaking of which, a remake of the second game is finally being released in September of this year(although you could still check out AM2R for an awesome experience done by a fan). CanNOT wait!!

Love Metroid. It's just sad that the franchise has been going south lately, but I'm sure these two games will change that.

I have AM2R on my girlfriends laptop but I haven't played much of it because I've been too laze to get a controller for it. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should wait and play Samus Returns first before playing through AM2R. I'm sure the games are different enough and having played through the original Game Boy game I'm familiar with the story and SR388 so I don't think I even can spoil anything. I'm just hoping that SR adds as much new stuff as AM2R did.

Ive only played the Prime games, and only in fits and starts at that, I love the atmospherics of it though, and the 3DS game coming out looks and sounds great, it's so retro (polished up retro).

Back