• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Visit and Review Bliss!

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
Bliss is now available to dream of for the first time!
I'm super excited!
Please visit and post a review if you can and what to improve (my town isn't 100% done but close enough).

The code is 5F00-0070-D414

- - - Post Merge - - -

For those of you who don't know my town it's a zen cedar forest fishing village in the Edo period of Japan.

Very pretty and well set up. The placement of your villagers is amazing. Great plot resetting. Houses are beautifully furnished. Totally look like what you were going for- the inn is my favorite. Really well done theme and town!

It's awesome looking!
I prefer natural grass and dirt paths, but you've made it work.

Well done!

I was just talking to Lucky. ^_^

Thank you!
I would've done dirt paths but I let villagers move in and out so they would wreck everything XD. O had dreamies but got sick of them before getting to make a DA. Kinda wish I'd had them all just for that but at some point if I can do all zen villagers I will :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

The inn is my favorite too, I'll randomly go inside as my mayor who isn't that house lol.

I just visited... I shall give my critique:

What I liked:

-The placement of the works projects and decorations around the town hall are well done.
-The decorations and colors around the works projects north of the river are very well thought out - very zenlike!
-The stumps are placed in a very useful manner around the projects.
-The stone path patterns work quite well.
-The sheer number of cedar trees are wonderful for a town like this.
-The House exteriors and interiors fit the theme incredibly well, and are quite consistent.
-The outfit works great - an upgraded dream gear!

What I didn't like:

-The Fake Grass patterns kind of turned me off from the natural feel of the theme.
-The Illuminated Arch doesn't fit the town theme very well either.
-The path to the right side of the plaza doesn't seem to lead me anywhere that just going through the plaza would lead me anyways. Maybe decorate that area somehow instead?
-The wood texture in the villager backyard doesn't look detailed enough, and it sticks out too much compared to the brick patterns.
-I kind of noticed how the rocks were not surrounded by anything, so you can hit them cleanly... But I do hope you decorate around them once your town dream is finished - as they really stuck out quite a lot.
-My great pet peeve in so many dream towns: How all the villager homes are lined up so uniformly in a straight row. I guess it might be a personal like/dislike, but it makes the villagers and their homes so far removed from the natural feel of the town... Well, maybe that's just my own opinion anyways.

Questions from me:

-What are the pink carnations around the palm tree stumps supposed to represent?
-What in particular are you trying to improve, or is not complete yet?
-Are you planning on expanding the side rooms of your homes at some point, or are you planning on keeping them the way they are?
-What Villagers are you hoping to add, and are you thinking of trying to fit them into your theme?

---

Overall, I like how your town has come out so far!

Great review! It's given me a lot to think about.
- I hate the fake grass pattern uhg. I haven't been able to find a better replacement. Any ideas?
-I used the arch to make the area seem more magical I guess? Hmm. I'm not sure what I'd put there instead. A flower arch, but then I'd destroy my other flower arch because it would be too many flower arches.
-Yeaaaah, the path doesn't really go to anything. I have no idea how to decorate it because other pwps wouldn't fit. Maybe replace the flower arch with a bench or... something?
-I agree about the wood. I was trying to make cherrywood because cherry is the town fruit. I'll add more details once I figure out how XD
-hm maybe I'll decorate around the rocks then. I actually get annoyed when people ignore the rocks lol.
-Houses, it's a fishing village everyone has to live by the sea XD definitely a preference thing. I like towns both ways.

Questions:
-The pink carnations don't represent anything actually, I'm just having a difficult time breeding white carnations and don't have enough to decorate with, the stumps looked too off by themselves
-I'm going to improve lots of minor things. Some bushes don't match. I'd like to put a pine stump by my campfire without messing up the look. More flowers, white carnations. Add more zen exteriors to the homes. Some other minor things I can't remember.
-Side rooms. I haven't exactly decided. I'm pretty much done with the inn. My mayor's house might be expanded. I'd like to expand the other buildings possibly but it's so expensive and I'm lazy because I built my town from scratch over four months paying for everything. I didn't sell my old town so I'm sick of making bells right now XD
-Im hoping to over time add zen theme villagers, or villagers with zen exteriors. Like Chester, Ken, the bear with buns I can't think of her name, villagers like that.

Thank you so much for the visit and review! I'm definitely going to be busy now XD

I'm going to visit and maybe do a review later :)

Ah, I see... No pressure on improving things - I tend to give rather harsh critiques without holding back for some reason. :/

To address the path to nowhere, one idea is you can always make villagers move around that area if possible, and they'd still be next to the coastline. It is your choice about how to go about it, and if you find some project that could work, try them out!

For the fake grass, I only found out just now you use them for villager move ins... One idea is you can remove them and embrace natural ground whenever to have a full town, or you can go for a custom greenery path. I don't know exactly how I'd solve this.

For the Arch, You can keep it if you feel it works for you, or you can try building a Wisteria Trellis in its place. I think that project works quite well in zen-like towns.

I wish you good luck!

I actually can't move villagers there it's so annoying I learned it the hard way :(
No,no I thought you're review was wonderful! I addressed things I thought myself!
Last night I tore down the arch and built a zen bench in the path area that's right town tree. I already like that much better :)
I'm going to find a more nature like grass that's cuter hopefully, :)
I'll update the dream when it's done but it'll take a while :)

Back