• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Hyo's pixel land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to save this thread from death, y'all can use this for like a Discord server or something.

iHqdiFv.png

4c1YRr8.png

Like a 10 minute thing since Kirby's amazingly simple, I should really make animations of him sometime...

N1gKOvO.png

Few expressions!! You're free to cut them out and use them \o/

Last edited:
If you are sticking with one shade, you will want a highlight to define the shape for something that isn't flat.

ygPCVUZ.png

Notice how, if you don't provide a highlight, the shape could be mistaken for something that is two flat surfaces.

Hue-shifting doesn't work with every colour scheme but it works with many of them (base yellow, orange, blue, green, etc.). You can go across the rainbow as long as the colours aren't too completely different. The first one is a standard hue-shifting palette, starting orange, with a yellow highlight, and shades towards red and purple. The second is an exceptionally vibrant one from yellow to purple and blue. You probably don't ever want to jump colours more than that example.

The bottom is just standard colour changing, no hue-shifting, all colours from the same orange colour wheel. Not everyone uses hue-shifting but I like it since it makes sprites look more interesting. I find the third one decidedly boring compared to the first. It is amazing how much difference colour choice can make.

Last edited:
oVjTGLp.png
rwK1rEG.png

Angry as heck blob...thing...

Henlo, this thread is still a thing haha.

Last edited:
zenyatta_pixel_spray__ascendant_variant__by_sirehyogo-dbmlec8.png

Nothing fancy, just an edit of Zenyatta's pixel achievement spray to have the colors from his skin, Ascendant.

Consider it just a filler post before I probably end up doing another Kirby thing (He's the only thing I can pixel with no problem haha ;___; )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back