• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Hyo's pixel land

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyoshido

Sometimes, he do miss
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7830-5796-7006
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Poptart Easter Egg
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Yellow Pansy
Yellow Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
User Title Color Change
Hi, I make mediocre pixels and I'm here to share them with you, whether you like it or not!

Current showcase:

Green Mario:
green_mario_by_sirehyogo-dbcpo73.png

weej_squad_by_sirehyogo-dbct7nn.png

Bombermang:
bomberman_by_sirehyogo-db3v69b.png

bomber_squad_by_sirehyogo-db3wv60.png

Mayro:
mayro_by_sirehyogo-dav2eb0.png

mayro_smash_colors____more____by_sirehyogo-dav4s8x.png

Kirby & Fighter:
kirby_and_fighter_power_up_by_sirehyogo-dasdr0s.png

kirby_and_his_friendo_s_by_sirehyogo-dasglri.png

Might do some lil trades/requests here and there?? Not like my stuff is worthy of anything too nice in return tho..

Last edited:
Definitely some of the best pixels I've seen on here

Totally awesome pixels, Hyo! Keep up the great work~

Fixed up Weej, totally messed up the light source on the artist's left shoe... Along with some lil touch ups.

Before:
co5ronO.png
After:
green_mario_by_sirehyogo-dbcpo73.png

Definitely some of the best pixels I've seen on here
Thank u!! I need to get back into doing this stuff more honestly.

i love green mario.....my favrorite guy
He's the best boy around!!

Totally awesome pixels, Hyo! Keep up the great work~
Only if you keep up the great work with your art! Thank you very much!!

these look awesome!
Thank you very much!!

could I use your pixels as emotes xD
I'd assume for something like Discord? You're free to use them.

EDIT:
weej_squad_by_sirehyogo-dbct7nn.png

Luigi and his colors from Smash 4, including a unique Luigi color that was only in Smash Bros 64 & Melee.

Last edited:
I'll attempt a request or two (need something to do while my OW hype has died down a bit), here's a list yes and no things.

No No
---------
- No Furry/Anthro characters (I will be AWFUL at this) might accept AC Villagers tho
- No over complex designs, this includes stuff like Mecha, Old people (because wrinkles) and really complicated armor
- No gore (minor cuts would be fine tho)
- NSFW is less likely, but I doubt anyone would even want NSFW content
- Nothing Undertale related (Sorry)

Yes yes
---------
- Most characters can be considered (Cute stuff preferred!!)
- Fanart/OC's (This includes AC Mayors, Gemsonas or flat out original characters)

Alike most places, I will work on stuff I consider doable and favorable to my abilities, considering I'm a novice at this, I'd obviously pick easier/cute designs over burly/detailed designs, along with this, not first come first served.

No payment required, but definitely appreciated.

Last edited:
Only if you keep up the great work with your art! Thank you very much!!

Thanks much for the kind words!!

Also, perhaps consider my boy here: http://toyhou.se/1066765.kaoru#3923499 ?

As you said no gore, please feel free to not draw the backpack and/or the cuts on his body. His shadow and the picture frame he is holding does not need to be drawn either! Just him in his school uniform, simple red armband, and sneakers is perfectly fine~

I apologize if he isn't your type but thank you for your time and consideration!

As you said no gore, please feel free to not draw the backpack and/or the cuts on his body. His shadow and the picture frame he is holding does not need to be drawn either! Just him in his school uniform, simple red armband, and sneakers is perfectly fine~
I think the cuts wouldn't be much of a hassle, I meant gore as in open wounds and cut off limbs, that sort of stuff!

I assume his eyes would be the same as the portrait?

These are awesome! Great work :3
Thank you!

I think the cuts wouldn't be much of a hassle, I meant gore as in open wounds and cut off limbs, that sort of stuff!

I assume his eyes would be the same as the portrait?

Thank you!

Ah I see! Well it is up to your discretion if you so wish to add them in ~ I don't mind either way so whatever seems best for you ^^
Yes his eyes are a glowing red but you're free to draw him with his eyes closed instead!

Alright, change of plans unfortunately.

Seems my Overwatch buddies are free from school for the next 10/11 weeks, doing competitive with them will be my main priority outside of real life stuff, but I will still keep my word and make sure I'll get at least one request done during breaks on Overwatch.

I can say that I've tried Hatori's character a few times, while not complicated, getting a suitable pose (I've had a few planned) and executing it has been an issue, but I WILL find something to work with soon!!

These are awesome! Great work :3
Thank you!!

Ah I see! Well it is up to your discretion if you so wish to add them in ~ I don't mind either way so whatever seems best for you ^^
Yes his eyes are a glowing red but you're free to draw him with his eyes closed instead!
I'll be sure to include all his features, except maybe the portrait. I've been messing on and off with a pose idea a few times now but it's proving to be a hassle, mainly the fact the character I'm basing the pose from has muscle and re-imagining smaller body proportions has never been a strong point, but I'll definitely come up with something soon enough!!

Can you do Pok?mon Pixels? xd
Depends on the pokemon itself, I've done a pixel of Jigglypuff before, but it's less than impressive.

These are very good sprites.

Minor critique: you could probably experiment with the shading a little more. For instance, making the body shadow on Kirby a bit straighter would help portray that he is pretty round, right now he doesn't entirely convey the 3D sphere look. For gloves, no need to go crazy on shadows for every finger too. It would actually help the sprite look less busy.

Otherwise: great colour choice (have you tried hue-shifting a little more?), great anti-aliasing, and let's see more!

I decided to do Hatori's request, unfortunately I won't post it to the public, I'm really not all that pleased with it considering I was trying new things and stuff didn't end up turning as well as I thought, but Hatori likes it anyway so it's not all doom and gloom!

ayo hyo sick pixels m9
Thanks bb, ur art hecka sick too!!

It looks geat!
Thanks!!

These are very good sprites.

Minor critique: you could probably experiment with the shading a little more. For instance, making the body shadow on Kirby a bit straighter would help portray that he is pretty round, right now he doesn't entirely convey the 3D sphere look. For gloves, no need to go crazy on shadows for every finger too. It would actually help the sprite look less busy.

Otherwise: great colour choice (have you tried hue-shifting a little more?), great anti-aliasing, and let's see more!
You have no idea how thankful I am to see critique, something I rarely seem to get!

If I were to do the Kirby sprite again, it'd probably look better and the shading would be better to make him seem more round, thanks for that though, will be sure to remember it if I do kirby again.

Haha, It's me being a little concerned with blandness at the end of the day, It probably would look better if I didn't do it next time tho, I'll mess with Mario and Weej and see how it'd look for future reference.

Thank you for your feedback! I haven't done much hue-shifting but I'll definitely explore it more with my future work though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back